Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 14 - Colts 6 PRESEASON
Final in the last preseason game.

Palmer and Rudi didn't play, neither did Manning.

Scoreless til 3 minutes left in the third.

Bengals starting D got some good pass rush, and the DBs and backers looked good, so that's a plus.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I'm glad they can go into the season now on a positive note from the preseason.
Pupaw Wrote:I'm glad they can go into the season now on a positive note from the preseason.

With confidence and a strong showing.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Who do they play in the season opener?
BFritz Wrote:With confidence and a strong showing.

I did not watch it but from the score, it seems like the D is holding up pretty good.
-STATS- Wrote:Who do they play in the season opener?

Baltimore at Paul Brown on a Monday Night.
BFritz Wrote:Baltimore at Paul Brown on a Monday Night.

CAN NOT WAIT!!! It will be a great game to gage how far they have came from last year to this year.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:CAN NOT WAIT!!! It will be a great game to gage how far they have came from last year to this year.

I agree, not only the defense, but also the offense, and particularly Palmer to see if his mechanics are indeed back to '05 form as it looked in the preseason games.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I did not watch it but from the score, it seems like the D is holding up pretty good.

Don't judge anything from that game, it was all backups against backups. I am actually pretty worried about our "D" heading into the season opener. We might even make Baltimore look like they have some semblance of an offense...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Don't judge anything from that game, it was all backups against backups. I am actually pretty worried about our "D" heading into the season opener. We might even make Baltimore look like they have some semblance of an offense...

The offensive line (Colts) that started the game, along with the defensive front 7 (Bengals), were all starters. That's where our biggest problem is, so even though it wasn't a starting group of skilled positions, where it starts, was the starters. I agree that our defense has been our problem in recent years, and they might not be a dominant D, but I believe they'll hold their own.
BFritz Wrote:The offensive line (Colts) that started the game, along with the defensive front 7 (Bengals), were all starters. That's where our biggest problem is, so even though it wasn't a starting group of skilled positions, where it starts, was the starters. I agree that our defense has been our problem in recent years, and they might not be a dominant D, but I believe they'll hold their own.

Thats all we need...for them to hold their own. We are not asking for the '85 Bears or the '00 Ravens defense. But if we are going to go to the Super Bowl, that means getting past the likes of New England, Indy & San Diego, all potent offenses. Those 3 teams (combined) scored 121 points against us last year. So if our D can step up and hold their own against upper level teams, then we have a chance to have a special season.
More Cowbell Wrote:Don't judge anything from that game, it was all backups against backups. I am actually pretty worried about our "D" heading into the season opener. We might even make Baltimore look like they have some semblance of an offense...

Let us pray that they will hold there own. I think that even with our sub-par D own offense will be too much for the Ravens.