Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tommy Lasorda Dies
From the time I was a child, my favorite professional sports team has been the Cincinnati Reds. I am a Reds' fan through and through. As a youngster, I despised one team above all others-the Los Angeles Dodgers .  The Dodgers were the Reds biggest rival in the old NL West.  Lasorda managed  the Dodgers from '76  to '96 and was elected to the baseball  HOF in 1977 as a manager.   

I will say this about Mr. Lasorda - he was Dodger blue through and through. I think he spent about 48 of his 50 years in baseball with the Dodger organization. No one was more loyal to the Dodgers than Tommy. He was always such a passionate spokesman for their organization.  Growing up, I couldn't stand him but you have to admire his loyalty and his passion for his team and for the game of baseball.   Thomas Charles Lasorda passed away Thursday at the age of  93.   RIP Mr. Lasorda.
I grew up the same way, and like you I despised the Dodgers. To me they oozed arrogance, and it didn’t help my perception of them any that they basically took over the NL West after the Big Red Machine ran its course. But I did come to respect Lasorda, and he had a funny streak in him. And as you said, there was no question of his loyalty to the Dodger organization.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Old School Hound
(01-09-2021, 05:42 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I grew up the same way, and like you I despised the Dodgers. To me they oozed arrogance, and it didn’t help my perception of them any that they basically took over the NL West after the Big Red Machine ran its course. But I did come to respect Lasorda, and he had a funny streak in him. And as you said, there was no question of his loyalty to the Dodger organization.

I think he said something like, " I never want to take this uniform off. I want to work for the Dodgers until the day I die. " 

... And he did.
What a legend!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I hate the Dodgers. I despised Lasorda. I thought he was an arrogant jerk. I hate that he has passed away though.