Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie James named Head Coach at Highlands
I understand a change of heart, but it bothers me that the apology seemed aimed at Franklin Co and not Highlands. Ever mentioned Highlands, never thanked them for opportunity, never apologized to school/kids/community. The community welcomed him with open arms and lined the streets to welcome him and his family on Sunday, he doesn’t feel an apology and thank you is warranted!
Poor Highlands
(01-12-2021, 09:35 PM)sstack Wrote: I understand a change of heart, but it bothers me that the apology seemed aimed at Franklin Co and not Highlands.  Ever mentioned Highlands, never thanked them for opportunity, never apologized to school/kids/community. The community welcomed him with open arms and lined the streets to welcome him and his family on Sunday, he doesn’t feel an apology and thank you is warranted!

Does seem odd.   I would certainly have at least thanked the Highlands community.   What do you guys think happened? It seems as though  something happened, possibly more than just a change of heart, in those couple days after he accepted the job.
He just ruined any shot of ever getting another job at another school ever again. He better hope it works well for many years at Franklin County
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
So.... offered top job in Kentucky, been to the state championship... never gets a job again..... sure........ guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Hatz
(01-12-2021, 10:31 PM)FCSPY Wrote: So.... offered top job in Kentucky, been to the state championship... never gets a job again..... sure........ guys.

Been hired as head coach on Sunday. Accepts job and does press conference and decides to say nahh, I’m going back to Franklin. Sorry 

That’ll definitely stick with potential employers if he ever wants to leave again
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
You have seen some of the coaches that get recycled in Kentucky right? A lot more shady circumstances out here than Changing your mind...
(01-12-2021, 11:50 PM)FCSPY Wrote: You have seen some of the coaches that get recycled in Kentucky right?  A lot more shady circumstances out here than Changing your mind...

Fair enough. But this just so happened to be at one of the most storied high schools in Kentucky football. If he does that to them then someone much less desirable wouldn’t have a shot
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • plantmanky
There have been a number of HCs that have done this (Chuck Smith being one) and it hasn’t prevented them from getting jobs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes barrel's post:
  • Hatz
(01-12-2021, 09:51 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Poor Highlands

How is it on Sunday your hitting the oh sh!t button and every time you feel a perceived slight toward Franklin Co your on here bellyaching. Yet every time Franklin Co is winning or getting a leg up your on here acting like an a$$ clown. This could of easily went the other way and you’d been crying blaming everyone for not believing in Franklin Co next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • FCSPY
Where is that button at? Seems faster than typing?
  • TD Hounds
If I'm Highlands, I'm calling Brandon Smith and offering him whatever he wants to come to Highlands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghostofjoey's post:
  • FCSPY
(01-13-2021, 11:18 AM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: If I'm Highlands, I'm calling Brandon Smith and offering him whatever he wants to come to Highlands.

Thats part of the problem then if your Highlands, going after guys that dont want the job.
(01-13-2021, 12:28 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 11:18 AM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: If I'm Highlands, I'm calling Brandon Smith and offering him whatever he wants to come to Highlands.

Thats part of the problem then if your Highlands, going after guys that dont want the job.

As far as I know, Highlands has not reached out to anyone who has not applied for the position.
I have heard this too. Heard Wolf wanted Highlands to come begging him and they did not contact him, only ones that applied.
(01-13-2021, 10:34 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Where is that button at? Seems faster than typing?

Hahahhahaha....nice, that’s better I like a sense of humor.

If Boyle couldn’t get him to come I doubt Highlands is gonna have any luck
(01-13-2021, 12:53 PM)LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:

As far as I know, Highlands has not reached out to anyone who has not applied for the position.

Not true. They reached out to Wolfe.
Mark Peach could be a very good hire for Highlands if interested, I thought he got done kind of dirty at Anderson Co.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers
(01-12-2021, 09:35 PM)sstack Wrote: I understand a change of heart, but it bothers me that the apology seemed aimed at Franklin Co and not Highlands.  Ever mentioned Highlands, never thanked them for opportunity, never apologized to school/kids/community. The community welcomed him with open arms and lined the streets to welcome him and his family on Sunday, he doesn’t feel an apology and thank you is warranted!
Why does he owe something to Fort Thomas? Because they put on a parade? Is it true that principal Matt Bertasso told Coach James he could have the weekend to think about the job and then called him on Saturday morning and pressured him into making the decision because their had been a leak? Fort Thomas has way more issues than finding a football coach if this is the type of person leading the high school. The stories about the hiring process are not a good look for Highlands or Fort Thomas Schools. Coach James owes Highlands nothing. This could have been prevented if the principal would have given him the time he needed to process the decision he was about to make.
(01-13-2021, 10:13 PM)TheOracle Wrote:

Officially?
A couple things that might’ve turned Coach James off to Highlands:
- the parade - ridiculous in itself
- a press conference - way over the top
- I was told by multiple Fort Thomas folk that Coach James reached out to players via text. Smart move to immediately begin connecting with his players. However, he started receiving calls from disgruntled parents because he had not reached out to their kids yet. Major red flag
- Last but not least, and this is pure speculation, but maybe he watched some film and realized the disparity in athletes between Highlands and FC. The talent gap is there and trust me, it isn’t closing anytime soon
[-] The following 3 users Like KentuckyHillBilly5321's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, TD Hounds, The Truth Sayer
Could it be.............. that after all this.. he just did not want to pack??
  • TD Hounds
(01-14-2021, 08:11 AM)LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:

Officially?

Officially.
(01-14-2021, 09:07 AM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: A couple things that might’ve turned Coach James off to Highlands:
- I was told by multiple Fort Thomas folk that Coach James reached out to players via text. Smart move to immediately begin connecting with his players. However, he started receiving calls from disgruntled parents because he had not reached out to their kids yet. Major red flag
- Last but not least, and this is pure speculation, but maybe he watched some film and realized the disparity in athletes between Highlands and FC. The talent gap is there and trust me, it isn’t closing anytime soon

Heard Highlands backed off of some things that they had promised during the interview.
(01-14-2021, 01:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:07 AM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: A couple things that might’ve turned Coach James off to Highlands:

Heard Highlands backed off of some things that they had promised during the interview.

His leave had nothing to do with Highlands, and everything to do with wanting to return to his hometown team.

(01-14-2021, 01:12 PM)TheOracle Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:11 AM)LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 12:28 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Thats part of the problem then if your Highlands, going after guys that dont want the job.

Officially?

Officially.
We might have a different understanding of what officially means, but i think were on the same page.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LaFlamaBlanca's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(01-14-2021, 12:54 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Could it be.............. that after all this.. he just did not want to pack??

lmao, I’m with you now, your on a roll don’t stop, hahahahaha