Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie James named Head Coach at Highlands
(01-11-2021, 03:22 PM)sstack Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 12:53 PM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: I am rather shocked at this hire.  I know he has had a couple good years but I can't believe a school like Highlands couldn't find a better candidate.  This is the state of coaching now.  The money sucks and people don't want to relocate anymore.  To go from Dale Mueller a few years ago to a guy who has been a head coach for 3 years shows how far Highlands has fallen.  I can't believe that a program as storied as Highlands can't find a good alumni to coach.  I wish coach james the best but I just don't see it happening.  I can't believe he left Franklin Co., his alma mater, for another job.  Must be more to this than football.
I actually heard at one point that there was only three applicants for the job.
That's what I thought.  There is something wrong when there are only 3 applicants for a job like Highlands.  I'm pretty sure that every decent job like that is in the same situations.  They may have 10 applicants but 7 or 8 of them aren't even acceptable for a HC job.  Nobody wants to relocate for a 7-8K job.  The good old days for coaching is over.  When I played HS football almost every school had a quality head coach.  Even the ones that didn't win much had a solid HC that did the best they could.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Eddie James named Head Coach at Highlands - by Ghostofjoey - 01-11-2021, 03:33 PM