Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie James named Head Coach at Highlands
(01-11-2021, 02:13 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 12:53 PM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: I am rather shocked at this hire.  I know he has had a couple good years but I can't believe a school like Highlands couldn't find a better candidate.  This is the state of coaching now.  The money sucks and people don't want to relocate anymore.  To go from Dale Mueller a few years ago to a guy who has been a head coach for 3 years shows how far Highlands has fallen.  I can't believe that a program as storied as Highlands can't find a good alumni to coach.  I wish coach james the best but I just don't see it happening.  I can't believe he left Franklin Co., his alma mater, for another job.  Must be more to this than football.

I thought it was a very good hire.  Anyone that has seen Franklin County go up the last few years knows he has done a great job shaping the talent that was there.  

He's also had successful stints as an Assistant, most notable with Chuck Smith at Boyle County.  

The last time HHS came down to CKY they plucked Tom Duffy from the Ads.  While many there didn't like Tom, (neither did I as a person) he did win 2 titles with them after the Birds had been on a 5 or 6 year hiatus from the Championship.
This comparison is apples and oranges. Tom Duffy went to Highlands after winning 2 championships at Danville. Eddie James goes to Highlands after 4 seasons as a head coach and 1 regional championship. Highlands is not the job it used to be and after hearing about the lack of professionalism displayed to candidates during the interview process, it is likely due to incompetent school leadership.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Eddie James named Head Coach at Highlands - by jlocke - 01-12-2021, 09:35 AM