Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason 3A rankings
It looks like 3A will be wide open next year. Ashland and Belfry will take a small step back to the pack but you can always bet on both putting a great team on the field. Russell and Elizabethtown lose a ton as well but should still be contenders. Mercer County will be really good and maybe preseason favorites. Lawrence County should be a top 10 contender. They lost only a few contributors and will have a lot of senior leadership. Rockcastle County, East Carter, Pike Central and Bardstown will all be solid teams. CAL will always but a team that contends on the field. I don’t know a ton about teams out west so I’ll leave those to people who are more knowledgeable on them than I am. 

Just tying to put a few fellers out there. Looking forward to reading others opinions.
(01-09-2021, 06:55 PM)Ok fewfirstchoice Wrote: It looks like 3A will be wide open next year. Ashland and Belfry will take a small step back to the pack but you can always bet on both putting a great team on the field. Russell and Elizabethtown lose a ton as well but should still be contenders. Mercer County will be really good and maybe preseason favorites. Lawrence County should be a top 10 contender. They lost only a few contributors and will have a lot of senior leadership. Rockcastle County, East Carter, Pike Central and Bardstown will all be solid teams. CAL will always but a team that contends on the field. I don’t know a ton about teams out west so I’ll leave those to people who are more knowledgeable on them 
Yikes..

Just throwing this at the wall like spaghetti. All I know is I really like what Mercer County and Glasgow return while a ton of the other household name teams are going to be gutted by graduation.

1. Mercer County
2. Glasgow
3. CAL
4. Ashland
5. Etown
6. DeSales
7. Belfry
8. Russell
9. Lawrence County
10. Bardstown
Bell won't be at the top, but they will be somewhere in the Top 10 before the year is up.
The Mercer County, Desales and CAL district has to be one of the toughest in the state. Reminds me of the old Super District with Trinity, Male, St. X and Manual, but on a smaller scale of course.
(01-11-2021, 06:06 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Bell won't be at the top, but they will be somewhere in the Top 10 before the year is up.
They better work hard in the off-season then. The last couple years have been lead by this 21 class especially on defense and on the OL.
(01-11-2021, 06:06 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Bell won't be at the top, but they will be somewhere in the Top 10 before the year is up.
Bell's hopes will directly be tied to the rehab and recovery of Brandon Baker.

Baker would have been one of the Tp 10 players returning in Class 3A and without him they really struggled mightily on n offense that lacked much explosion.

Really good player and unfortunate for that injury to come so late in the season. Most times recovery is not a full year, but it will be very difficult for him to be 100%  come Week 1.
(01-12-2021, 05:32 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
Bell's hopes will directly be tied to the rehab and recovery of Brandon Baker.

Baker would have been one of the Tp 10 players returning in Class 3A and without him they really struggled mightily on n offense that lacked much explosion.

Really good player and unfortunate for that injury to come so late in the season. Most times recovery is not a full year, but it will be very difficult for him to be 100%  come Week 1.

Word on the street is his rehab is on track, I agree with that as a valid concern, but from what I've seen with my eyes and heard others say he is doing well post surgery.
District 8 in 3A will be tough next year. Belfry is Belfry of course. Lawrence County loses almost nothing off a team that showed a lot of promise this year. Pike Central loses a few pieces but still has a ton coming back. Who ever wins this district this coming year will have earned it.