Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention All Bluegrass Rivals Members
As many of you have noticed, some of the threads in this forum have become increasingly divisive and increasingly hostile.  We were forced to close and\or move a number of threads due to this.  While it is impossible for all of us to agree on every topic, we ask that you at least respect others.  Please refrain from using insults or resorting to name calling.  Everyone is entitled to his\her own opinion.  That doesn't necessarily make that person wrong.  I will state again; while you may not agree with another member, we ask that you respect that member   We will be monitoring this forum more closely, and we will start handing out sanctions if need be.   If things persist, we may even resort to closing the forum.
Thanks, Westside. 
Politics in this country is extremely polarizing and divisive. Internet forum communities are microcosms of the population at large so its not surprising that discussions get heated. Let me go on record saying that I haven't been offended at any comment that anyone has made in the politics forum and I have read through most all of them. I don't take comments personally and I don't mind when jabs are thrown my way. I think some good-natured ribbing is fun. I really enjoy the spirited discussions and I like when people are passionate about their views.  I've only been a participant on one other sports forum in my life and that site was suspending people constantly and, in fact, ended up closing the political forum. Most of the best posters left that site and it is hardly worth reading now. I'm thankful that those who moderate this site allow members a lot of latitude to say what they want to say as well as engage in some spirited banter back and forth. Hopefully, that will be allowed to continue.
(01-09-2021, 09:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Thanks, Westside. 
Politics in this country is extremely polarizing and divisive. Internet forum communities are microcosms of the population at large so its not surprising that discussions get heated. Let me go on record saying that I haven't been offended at any comment that anyone has made in the politics forum and I have read through most all of them. I don't take comments personally and I don't mind when jabs are thrown my way. I think some good-natured ribbing is fun. I really enjoy the spirited discussions and I like when people are passionate about their views.  I've only been a participant on one other sports forum in my life and that site was suspending people constantly and, in fact, ended up closing the political forum. Most of the best posters left that site and it is hardly worth reading now. I'm thankful that those who moderate this site allow members a lot of latitude to say what they want to say as well as engage in some spirited banter back and forth. Hopefully, that will be allowed to continue.

It's one thing to troll. I joined this site back in 2011 trolling the football threads but have made several friends on that board including from schools that I would troll. What you post is much more than just good-natured ribbing as several of your posts indicate that you have an anger problem. Good natured ribbing does not involve referring to an entire group of people as "xenophobic" or "domestic terrorists" as you have done in a recent thread for example. I'll defend your right to say that any day of the week, but the childish and angry behavior of you, Cardfan, and Van Hagar are a big reason as to why the quality of discussion on this particular board has gone down the crapper.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WideRight05's post:
  • Hoot Gibson