Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
MAGA Watch ... Mitt Romney Harassed @ Airport !
Mitt Romney was accosted and harassed by Trump cultists at an airport in Utah earlier this week. When he boarded the plane,  cult members continued to harass the Utah senator by shouting, "traitor! " .  Trump made fun of it during a speech the next day.

Here's what Mitt had to deal with at the airport earlier this week:

Cult members take their hate out on SC Senator Lindsey Graham at  Reagan National Airport:

(01-10-2021, 12:09 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Mitt Romney was accosted and harassed by Trump cultists at an airport in Utah earlier this week. When he boarded the plane,  cult members continued to harass the Utah senator by shouting, "traitor! " .  Trump made fun of it during a speech the next day.

Here's what Mitt had to deal with at the airport earlier this week:

Cult members take their hate out on SC Senator Lindsey Graham at  Reagan National Airport:

Trump supporters are not cult members. Neither Paul nor Graham were traveling with family members and there is nothing wrong with free American citizens exercising their First Amendment rights in a public venue. Where was the outrage when Rand Paul and other Republicans, including an elderly woman were harassed and threatened by dozens of Black Live Matters members as they left a speech at the White House.

I do not recall liberals expressing much outrage in the past when Trump supporters, including just average Joes and Janes have been verbally and physically attacked by violent left wing fanatics. There are videos available of disabled Trump supporters in wheelchairs and using walkers being verbally and physically assaulted by leftists.

Riots, assaults, and looting occurred for months leading up to the elections, almost all of which was perpetrated by leftist mobs. This seems like very selective outrage to me.

[Video: ]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtOWz20RWs][/url]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Oledad92
Hoot, I am glad to see that your respit from the politics forum was very short-lived. You certainly add to the spirited discussions. Btw, I tried to message you, but I guess you had me blocked and didn't want to hear from me.  Wink   Anyway, I am going to respectfully disagree with you on the the MAGA /QAnon 's . Many, many folks a lot smarter than you and I have deemed them a brainwashed cult.  People like Joe Scarborough, Steve Schmidt , American historian, Michael Beschloss and countless social psychologists have pointed to identifiers that MAGA/QAnon  share in common with other cults.  I have two very close relatives that belong to the cult of Donald. Both were lifelong Democrats until they fell under the spell of his racist, xenophobic rants.  One of them told me there is nothing Donald could say or do to make her disloyal to him.  Not murder, not child sacrifice...nothing. When he started ranting about the migrant caravans, she said they should all be mowed down and shot. Mass extinction was necessary because her leader said they were a threat. I'm sorry, but that is a cult-like mindset.

Here's an opinion-piece on why they are a dangerous cult :

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/tr...cna1239828

Here's an article which delves into cult psychology . Research from the Journal of Social and Political Psychology  seem to back up claims that Trump followers are part a a brainwashed cult.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/12...ers-future
(01-10-2021, 02:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hoot, I am glad to see that your respit from the politics forum was very short-lived. You certainly add to the spirited discussions. Btw, I tried to message you, but I guess you had me blocked and didn't want to hear from me.  Wink   Anyway, I am going to respectfully disagree with you on the the MAGA /QAnon 's . Many, many folks a lot smarter than you and I have deemed them a brainwashed cult.  People like Joe Scarborough, Steve Schmidt , American historian, Michael Beschloss and countless social psychologists have pointed to identifiers that MAGA/QAnon  share in common with other cults.  I have two very close relatives that belong to the cult of Donald. Both were lifelong Democrats until they fell under the spell of his racist, xenophobic rants.  One of them told me there is nothing Donald could say or do to make her disloyal to him.  Not murder, not child sacrifice...nothing. When he started ranting about the migrant caravans, she said they should all be mowed down and shot. Mass extinction was necessary because her leader said they were a threat. I'm sorry, but that is a cult-like mindset.

Here's an opinion-piece on why they are a dangerous cult :

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/tr...cna1239828
I generally do not read opinion pieces that are nothing but excuses for targeting those with differing political points of view with demonization, which is exactly what you are doing with this thread. Trump supporters are not synonymous with those who espouse QAnon conspiracy theories. There is some overlap between the groups but not to the extent that any reasonable person would paint the members of both groups with the same broad brush. You are once again, deliberately insulting Trump supporters by referring to all of us as cult members. Many Democrats, a number most likely numbering in the thousands, but who still represent a small minority, believe that looting is a form of reparations for slavery. Would I be justified if I referred to all Biden supporters as looters? Of course not, which is why I do not stoop to such tactics.
And, by the way,  I don't support radicals from either the left or the right who accost political figures in angry mobs. Quite frankly, it's scary and probably just a matter of time before one of these politicians gets seriously hurt or killed.
(01-10-2021, 02:24 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: And, by the way,  I don't support radicals from either the left or the right who accost political figures in angry mobs. Quite frankly, it's scary and probably just a matter of time before one of these politicians gets seriously hurt or killed.
Those did not appear to be angry mobs threatening violence who were shouting at Romney and Graham.
I guess the Hoot's in the mind reading business now one of his many professions
(01-10-2021, 02:51 PM)vector#1 Wrote: I guess the Hoot's in the mind reading business now one of his many professions
You guess wrong. I just choose to use my own senses as opposed to being propagandized by somebody else's opinions.