Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Feel About the Cats Taking a Knee for the Anthem ?
The Cats were looking to make a statement in Florida today. The statement started in pre-game when players and coaches took a knee during the playing of the national anthem , showing their support for the fight against racial injustice.  The show of solidarity seemed to pay off after the horn sounded , as the Cats went on to play their best game of the year in trouncing the Gators. Florida guard Scottie Lewis also took a knee.

What are your feelings on the Cats taking the knee?  Btw, this is the first game this year the team has appeared while the anthem was played. In previous games, the team remained in the locker room during the playing of the anthem.  How do you view the Cats' pre-game actions.

I will go on record as saying I have no problem with it at all. It is obviously an issue that means a lot to the young men and the staff showed support for their players by joining them. Thumbs up from me .

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErUqEoUVEAEh...me=900x900]
In all honesty man this should be in general discussions section you'd probably get more answers. However, I'll give my honest opinion. Listen, we've had brothers and sisters and STILL have of all colors die in the name of America on behalf of wanting better for their family. Read the statue of liberty as she holds her had up. People will say things because they just don't understand & I'm cool with that. We are a free country and I myself have fought to protect that right for my people to take that knee during the anthem if they choose to. Kentucky may lose a "few" fans but in all actuality, we as the greatest fan base of all time college basketball we need to support this not because of political thoughts but because we are all created equal under American morals. The fight continues everyday.. & with that god comes first. It ain't the anthem that defines this country its we the people that's what makes Kentucky, the greatest of all time.
So In god we trust baby, an I'll back that till the day I die and people forget my name as an individual. However as a whole I will never be forgotten. Kentucky basketball & America is not just a country or family. Were all united that shares the same common ground because we love sports. Why can't that same principal be applied?
[-] The following 2 users Like Oledad92's post:
  • FootballFan1999, Van Hagar
Love it. Young men being supported by their coaches bringing light to a topic that they feel strongly in. Kudos to the cats and to Cal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Old School Hound
(01-10-2021, 04:01 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: In all honesty man this should be in general discussions section you'd probably get more answers. However, I'll give my honest opinion. Listen, we've had brothers and sisters and STILL have of all colors die in the name of America on behalf of wanting better for their family.  Read the statue of liberty as she holds her had up. People will say things because they just don't understand & I'm cool with that. We are a free country and I myself have fought to protect that right for my people to take that knee during the anthem if they choose to. Kentucky may lose a "few" fans but in all actuality, we as the greatest fan base of all time college basketball we need to support this not because of political thoughts but because we are all created equal under American morals. The fight continues everyday..  & with that god comes first. It ain't the anthem that defines this country its we the people that's what makes Kentucky, the greatest of all time.
So In god we trust baby, an I'll back that till the day I die and people forget my name as an individual. However as a whole I will never be forgotten. Kentucky basketball & America is not just a country or family. Were all united that shares the same common ground because we love sports. Why can't that same principal be applied?

Thank you. Good thoughts @ Oledad92.  After I posted this, I also thought it might be better for the General Discussion forum or the Politics forum  If a mod thinks it should be and wants to move it to one of those , that would be great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Oledad92
(01-10-2021, 12:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:01 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: In all honesty man this should be in general discussions section you'd probably get more answers. However, I'll give my honest opinion. Listen, we've had brothers and sisters and STILL have of all colors die in the name of America on behalf of wanting better for their family.  Read the statue of liberty as she holds her had up. People will say things because they just don't understand & I'm cool with that. We are a free country and I myself have fought to protect that right for my people to take that knee during the anthem if they choose to. Kentucky may lose a "few" fans but in all actuality, we as the greatest fan base of all time college basketball we need to support this not because of political thoughts but because we are all created equal under American morals. The fight continues everyday..  & with that god comes first. It ain't the anthem that defines this country its we the people that's what makes Kentucky, the greatest of all time.

Thank you. Good thoughts @ Oledad92.  After I posted this, I also thought it might be better for the General Discussion forum or the Politics forum  If a mod thinks it should be and wants to move it to one of those , that would be great.
I mean I guess it kinda applies to sports too. Either way I support it. This team playing last night would whoop gonzaga, Iowa anybody.

I look at it like this fellas.
For all us former players weather it be football, basketball, baseball, whatever before game we done what? We prayed. We took a knee & bowed our heads. Because its God, country, family. I read on social media post an I can't believe how so many people find it disrespectful? Some do some don't. If they want to take a knee during the national anthem to me its showing submission to something bigger then us, nothing more.
I was grinnin ear to ear last night because of that beating they handed Florida I mean it was almost like seeing my first pair of boobies lol kneeling or not I just want them to win out
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oledad92's post:
  • Old School Hound
(01-10-2021, 01:00 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 12:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I mean I guess it kinda applies to sports too. Either way I support it. This team playing last night would whoop gonzaga, Iowa anybody.

I will say this- the team that was on the floor last night was actually fun to watch. They had lots of energy and played with plenty of confidence. If this issue bonds them together and gives them added energy and makes them want to fight and play hard, then it's all good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Oledad92
Listen, I support them 100% in their action. My bigger thought is, how would this have played in Rupp Arena, with 20,000+ UK supporters on hand? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that one.
I find taking a knee during the anthem extremely disrespectful to this nation and to all of those Americans who have shed blood and been maimed fighting to keep our country free. This is the first year that I have not subscribed to ESPN, the SEC network, etc. so that I could watch as many UK basketball games as possible. I refuse to watch any sports event in which both teams disrespect the country in which I live and love. 

Shame on UK and John Calipari for politicizing the game of basketball. It is just another reason why John Calipari and his one-and-done recruiting strategy, and almost entirely non-Kentuckian rosters were always bad ideas. Kentuckians, on the whole, are a patriotic group and UK's basketball program should reflect the state that supports it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jax, jetpilot, Rebel55
(01-10-2021, 01:23 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Listen, I support them 100% in their action. My bigger thought is, how would this have played in Rupp Arena, with 20,000+ UK supporters on hand? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that one.
Idk man there's a lot of supporters who understand the concept. I get what you're saying though. It would probably sound more like a village whore house orgy with boos and cheers at the same time lol. Could you imagine? Bang bros would be all over that LOL

(01-10-2021, 01:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I find taking a knee during the anthem extremely disrespectful to this nation and to all of those Americans who have shed blood and been maimed fighting to keep our country free. This is the first year that I have not subscribed to ESPN, the SEC network, etc. so that I could watch as many UK basketball games as possible. I refuse to watch any sports event in which both teams disrespect the country in which I live and love. 

Shame on UK and John Calipari for politicizing the game of basketball. It is just another reason why John Calipari and his one-and-done recruiting strategy, and almost entirely non-Kentuckian rosters were always bad ideas. Kentuckians, on the whole, are a patriotic group and UK's basketball program should reflect the state that supports it.
You are entitled to you're opinion hoot you see it as disrespectful others do not. It still don't change the game. Kentucky clobbered a decent Florida team man, That's all that matters to me. People get confused and that's okay. This country was built on god, by god, for our people, by our people. Taking a knee is just another way to submit that people want change, for Christ sakes we have idiots storming the capital burning our cities for what? I would think taking a knee is the least thing to worry about being Americans fight for FREEDOM not the anthem. Without freedom America is no more. To a point I believe you are right about doing it to get recruites etc. So what? Its basketball all I care about is winning.
(01-10-2021, 01:40 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:23 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Listen, I support them 100% in their action. My bigger thought is, how would this have played in Rupp Arena, with 20,000+ UK supporters on hand? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that one.
Idk man there's a lot of supporters who understand the concept. I get what you're saying though. It would probably sound more like a village whore house orgy with boos and cheers at the same time lol. Could you imagine? Bang bros would be all over that LOL

(01-10-2021, 01:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I find taking a knee during the anthem extremely disrespectful to this nation and to all of those Americans who have shed blood and been maimed fighting to keep our country free. This is the first year that I have not subscribed to ESPN, the SEC network, etc. so that I could watch as many UK basketball games as possible. I refuse to watch any sports event in which both teams disrespect the country in which I live and love. 

You are entitled to you're opinion hoot you see it as disrespectful others do not. It still don't change the game. Kentucky clobbered a decent Florida team man, That's all that matters to me. People get confused and that's okay. This country was built on god, by god, for our people, by our people. Taking a knee is just another way to submit that people want change, for Christ sakes we have idiots storming the capital burning our cities for what? I would think taking a knee is the least thing to worry about being Americans fight for FREEDOM not the anthem. Without freedom America is no more. To a point I believe you are right about doing it to get recruites etc. So what? Its basketball all I care about is winning.
As you said, I am entitled to my opinion and the character of the players and coaches representing my alma mater matters to me. I don't care what they do on their own time but if they do not support their own country while wearing the blue and white uniform, then I will not support them. It is a privilege to wear the UK uniform and represent the school and the state of Kentucky.

I suspect that at least half of the people living in Kentucky have a similar opinion to mine and I will never understand why any business, and big time college basketball is a business, would elect to insult half of their customers and supporters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Rebel55
(01-10-2021, 02:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

As you said, I am entitled to my opinion and the character of the players and coaches representing my alma mater matters to me. I don't care what they do on their own time but if they do not support their own country while wearing the blue and white uniform, then I will not support them. It is a privilege to wear the UK uniform and represent the school and the state of Kentucky.

I suspect that at least half of the people living in Kentucky have a similar opinion to mine and I will never understand why any business, and big time college basketball is a business, would elect to insult half of their customers and supporters.
& as you said "I find taking a knee during the anthem extremely disrespectful to this nation and to all of those Americans who have shed blood and been maimed fighting to keep our country free" 
Out of all that all I got from it was the term FREE. What is freedom to you hoot? Is it taking an oath promising to protect that right as a free man for our families and the morals we hold dearly. Is it having the freedom to get on bluegrass rivals.com and having the right to express you're opinion with me and others?That's all it is hoot. Freedom defines America. Taking a knee is a submission something were all taught. Kentucky was playing like the #1 team in the nation last night and just because they took a knee they're going to read all the backlash from people for what reason? Because some think its disrespectful? how is it disrespectful? Did you ever take a knee for something bigger then you? Either way hoot freedom is all that matters. Kentuckys team showed their freedom to stand up for what they believe in no pun intended. & as a fan it is a privilege to watch these talented young guys represent us in playing the game. & like you said a privilege to wear that uniform. Were 3-0 conference baby after starting the worst in almost 100 years. & they took them to the wood shed. Cheer up 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oledad92's post:
  • Old School Hound
(01-10-2021, 02:57 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:

& as you said "I find taking a knee during the anthem extremely disrespectful to this nation and to all of those Americans who have shed blood and been maimed fighting to keep our country free" 
Out of all that all I got from it was the term FREE. What is freedom to you hoot? Is it taking an oath promising to protect that right as a free man for our families and the morals we hold dearly. Is it having the freedom to get on bluegrass rivals.com and having the right to express you're opinion with me and others?That's all it is hoot. Freedom defines America. Taking a knee is a submission something were all taught. Kentucky was playing like the #1 team in the nation last night and just because they took a knee they're going to read all the backlash from people for what reason? Because some think its disrespectful? how is it disrespectful? Did you ever take a knee for something bigger then you? Either way hoot freedom is all that matters. Kentuckys team showed their freedom to stand up for what they believe in no pun intended. & as a fan it is a privilege to watch these talented young guys represent us in playing the game. & like you said a privilege to wear that uniform. Were 3-0 conference baby after starting the worst in almost 100 years. & they took them to the wood shed. Cheer up 
I am perfectly happy, thank you very much.  Smile Freedom, as I used it, is our right to be free from the oppression of our own government and all of the associated rights listed in the U.S. Constitution, including the Bill of Rights that the original 13 states demanded that it include. I support every UK player's right to enjoy all of those rights. However, none of them have a constitutional right to express disrespect for our flag, anthem or anything other personal opinion while representing the University of Kentucky without repercussions.

They are kneeling during the national anthem because the University of Kentucky's administration and basketball staff allow them to do so. I find it offensive and it is your right to approve of the behavior or celebrate it as the expression of freedom if you so choose. Is it the most offensive thing that is going on in this world today? No, far from it, but IMO, it is symptomatic of much larger issues in our society. Young people need to understand that in the real world, adults are not free to behave however they want while somebody is paying for their time. College athletes are compensated for their time in exchange for representing their school in a sport.
Here’s my thoughts. I would never personally take a knee because I find it disrespectful. But I never fought one second in the armed forces or anyone that protects Americans freedoms so I have no say so when it comes to how folks kneel and or stand for the flag. People fight with their lives on the line for that flag and our American freedoms and some soldiers say they approve of the kneeling because that’s what they fight for is freedom.

But I just want to say I love everyone of those players on that team and the coaches and mangers. I ain’t one of these folks that will quit watching games because of this like I’ve seen so many say on Facebook and Twitter. And I support their right to freedom if they believe the world isn’t what they think it should.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It’s my alma mater too Hoot, and I am proud that we have people in charge of our flagship athletic programs like Cal and Stoops who will let their players stand (or kneel as the case may be) for what they believe. And Spud, I hear you man, but I would be willing to bet that 99% or more of those folks that say they are never watching again never are right back watching as soon as the next game is played.
[-] The following 2 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • FootballFan1999, Old School Hound
(01-10-2021, 04:18 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: It’s my alma mater too Hoot, and I am proud that we have people in charge of our flagship athletic programs like Cal and Stoops who will let their players stand (or kneel as the case may be) for what they believe. And Spud, I hear you man, but I would be willing to bet that 99% or more of those folks that say they are never watching again never are right back watching as soon as the next game is played.
I never claimed that I speak for all UK alumni. One only needs to look at what has happened to the revenues for the NFL and NBA to understand that allowing employees to disrespect the flag on the company dime has a negative impact on the bottom line. We are not free to spend time at work promoting our political agendas and the same should be true of UK athletes. Let them gather on their own time and kneel to the national anthem.
Im not saying that I would take a knee either, but I'm still going to watch them play. To me, its not a big deal. Go big blue!
Cal should be removed as HC immediately. Buy him out. Whatever the cost. I have removed all UK basketball belongings from my home. HE is a disgrace. This team is a disgrace. I have never liked cal in the least. Now he has lost my respect as a HC. I think i prefer a true leader. I will trade wins for a coach that teaches character and UK basketball players have none of that. You want to see what a real HC looks like in college basketball then you can simply go to this. I am not concerned with making anyone upset as I am entitled the way I feel about it. Cal is a disgrace and so is this bunch. I served my country and met my mates getting off a helicopter at Gitmo in the 80's. When i stepped off that Helicopter I had Russian frigates at either side with guns drawn at us. So yeh, for me its a little personal. Serve your country you ungrateful players. Your getting a free education, at one of the finest basketball institutions in the country. No respect.

This is what a real leader looks like.

[-] The following 3 users Like Vols0528's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jax, WideRight05
I don't like it at all. But I'll say this, I am fed up with everything in this country being politicised by the media and everyone else for that matter! All it has done is caused hate and division. These two things will be the downfall of this Great Country we live in. United we Stand, Divided we Fall. We need more love and unity in this Great Nation. I don't agree with kneeling for the flag but I don't hate people who do it. We need to learn to agree to disagree and still get along. People are free to disagree, but one side shouldn't get mad at the other. Everyone is different, if not we'd all be in love with the same woman
[-] The following 1 user Likes jax's post:
  • Van Hagar
@cadets1988 , you are certainly entitled to feel the way you do; however, to say that these young men lack character because they are taking a stand(or maybe a kneel) against racial injustice in this country seems to me to be misguided. I think it shows character that they are willing to put themselves out there in defense of their beliefs. I have actually become a bigger fan of these young men since Saturday's game at Florida. I'm excited to see what happens from here on out. I'm looking forward to  4-0 Alabama @ 3-0 UK on Tuesday. Who's with me???

@ cadets1988 ,   I don't think Cal and the Cats will miss you in the least. Maybe the Liberty University Flames will be more your cup of tea.  I'm proud of my Cats!!!
(01-10-2021, 01:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: The Cats were looking to make a statement in Florida today. The statement started in pre-game when players and coaches took a knee during the playing of the national anthem , showing their support for the fight against racial injustice.  The show of solidarity seemed to pay off after the horn sounded , as the Cats went on to play their best game of the year in trouncing the Gators. Florida guard Scottie Lewis also took a knee.

What are your feelings on the Cats taking the knee?  Btw, this is the first game this year the team has appeared while the anthem was played. In previous games, the team remained in the locker room during the playing of the anthem.  How do you view the Cats' pre-game actions.

I will go on record as saying I have no problem with it at all. It is obviously an issue that means a lot to the young men and the staff showed support for their players by joining them. Thumbs up from me .

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErUqEoUVEAEh...me=900x900]

My best friend in the world is a flaming liberal.  I asked her about this situation, and her reply was much like your's.

I respectfully disagree.  I firmly support peaceful protests and have been a part of them myself, but never EVER in a disrespectful way.  The National Anthem, to me anyway, represents my country and my freedom and should NOT be a political platform for ANY reason.  I am very disappointed.

In today's world there are thousands of platforms on which to voice your protests and opinions.  Social media offers literally hundreds of platforms, reaching thousands of people.  I disagreed when Kaepernick did it, and I disagree with it now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Every player who takes a knee for the playing of the national anthem does not do so out of principle. Peer pressure plays a role and some coaches have insisted that teams stand or kneel as a unified team. There is nothing courageous about doing something because everybody around you is doing it. 

Drew Brees is a perfect example. He took a courageous position when he refused to kneel and was then intimidated into changing his position from standing to kneeling. Now, the team is deciding how he should dress during pregame warm ups. Don't give players credit for courage when most are just following the herd.
@cadets1988 ,  it is interesting that you highlighted Buzz Williams  as  a model what a real leader looks like. That "real leader" that you referenced is almost universally regarded as the biggest jerk and a$$hole in college sports. He would be one of the last individuals I would EVER want a kid of my to led by.  Buzz has a history of tactless, juvenile, and disrespectful behaviors. Remember him dancing to John Denver's "Country Roads" on WVU's logo  in front of students after his Marquette team beat the Mountaineers? And that's just one of many tactless behaviors by that jerk.  I've never been a huge Cal fan,  but Cal is light-years ahead of Buzz Williams as a leader of young men.
(01-10-2021, 07:31 PM)jax Wrote: I don't like it at all.  But I'll say this, I am fed up with everything in this country being politicised by the media and everyone else for that matter!  All it has done is caused hate and division.  These two things will be the downfall of this Great Country we live in. United we Stand, Divided we Fall.  We need more love and unity in this Great Nation.  I don't agree with kneeling for the flag but I don't hate people who do it.  We need to learn to agree to disagree and still get along.  People are free to disagree, but one side shouldn't get mad at the other.  Everyone is different, if not we'd all be in love with the same woman

NOT ME!!!

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jax
@ Granny Bear ,

Thank you for your response. I respectfully disagree with you, but I appreciate you responding to my question.

(01-10-2021, 03:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I am perfectly happy, thank you very much.  Smile Freedom, as I used it, is our right to be free from the oppression of our own government and all of the associated rights listed in the U.S. Constitution, including the Bill of Rights that the original 13 states demanded that it include. I support every UK player's right to enjoy all of those rights. However, none of them have a constitutional right to express disrespect for our flag, anthem or anything other personal opinion while representing the University of Kentucky without repercussions.

They are kneeling during the national anthem because the University of Kentucky's administration and basketball staff allow them to do so. I find it offensive and it is your right to approve of the behavior or celebrate it as the expression of freedom if you so choose. Is it the most offensive thing that is going on in this world today? No, far from it, but IMO, it is symptomatic of much larger issues in our society. Young people need to understand that in the real world, adults are not free to behave however they want while somebody is paying for their time. College athletes are compensated for their time in exchange for representing their school in a sport.

You may very well be happy, Hoot, and I sincerely hope you are. However, for someone who is so happy, a lot of your posts  suggest that you are a very angry man. Can a person be both happy and angry? I'd say so. But if the anger is allowed to subside, the happy Hoot might be even happier.

(01-10-2021, 06:30 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: Im not saying that I would take a knee either, but I'm still going to watch them play. To me, its not a big deal. Go big blue!

Go Big Blue!!! That's what I say, Oledad92 . If you are  fan of UK(and I can tell you are a passionate fan), I say root these young men on to victory whether you share their political beliefs or not. They are at a very critical point in their season and seem to be figuring things out. I say get behind these kids.
(01-10-2021, 10:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: @ Granny Bear ,

Thank you for your response. I respectfully disagree with you, but I appreciate you responding to my question.

(01-10-2021, 03:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:40 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: Idk man there's a lot of supporters who understand the concept. I get what you're saying though. It would probably sound more like a village whore house orgy with boos and cheers at the same time lol. Could you imagine? Bang bros would be all over that LOL

You may very well be happy, Hoot, and I sincerely hope you are. However, for someone who is so happy, a lot of your posts  suggest that you are a very angry man. Can a person be both happy and angry? I'd say so. But if the anger is allowed to subside, the happy Hoot might be even happier.

(01-10-2021, 06:30 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: Im not saying that I would take a knee either, but I'm still going to watch them play. To me, its not a big deal. Go big blue!

Go Big Blue!!! That's what I say, Oledad92 . If you are  fan of UK(and I can tell you are a passionate fan), I say root these young men on to victory whether you share their political beliefs or not. They are at a very critical point in their season and seem to be figuring things out. I say get behind these kids.
I'll drink to that. It only bothers me if they lose, it ruins my day. then, an only then does it affect me personally. Let them kneel all they want just win the darn game! Nobody cares who watches or don't watch. If people don't want to support them an watch them play flip the channel because nobody cares as for me I'll be sippin on a cold one scratching my nuts watching Kentucky play
@ Oledad92,   I'll guarantee you sometime Tuesday night while I'm taking in the a$$-kicking we give to the Tide, the image of you scratching your balls will probably run through my mind. Thanks so much for that.  LOL

Seriously, though, here is what I'd like the guys to do Tuesday.  I know a lot of folks say they should express their political views "on their own time"(whatever the hell that means). But I would like to see them make their statement on the grandest stage-on the hallowed floor of Rupp Arena. I say come out Tuesday night for the anthem, take a knee, take in the cascade of boos they will get from 15,000 Trumpites and proceed to turn those boos to cheers by the end of the night by shredding the Crimson Tide. I suspect they will stay in the locker room until the anthem is over, however. They may still get a few boos, but I want to see them use the boos as motivation to tear the Crimson Tide a new one. I like what I saw from this group on Saturday!!! I want to see a repeat on Tuesday.
(01-11-2021, 12:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: @ Oledad92,   I'll guarantee you sometime Tuesday night while I'm taking in the a$$-kicking we give to the Tide, the image of you scratching your balls will probably run through my mind. Thanks so much for that.  LOL

Seriously, though, here is what I'd like the guys to do Tuesday.  I know a lot of folks say they should express their political views "on their own time"(whatever the hell that means). But I would like to see them make their statement on the grandest stage-on the hallowed floor of Rupp Arena. I say come out Tuesday night for the anthem, take a knee, take in the cascade of boos they will get from 15,000 Trumpites and proceed to turn those boos to cheers by the end of the night by shredding the Crimson Tide. I suspect they will stay in the locker room until the anthem is over, however. They may still get a few boos, but I want to see them use the boos as motivation to tear the Crimson Tide a new one. I like what I saw from this group on Saturday!!! I want to see a repeat on Tuesday.
Lol hey I'm just being honest.
If Kentucky plays with the same fire that they had at Florida & continues to build on that they win out. I'm just afraid if they get too many boos and people trash them for too long they may decide to not play at all.
Which would suck for me an those who just enjoy the game its self. It will be interesting from here moving forward on how they handle the adversity.
(01-11-2021, 01:36 AM)Oledad92 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 12:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: @ Oledad92,   I'll guarantee you sometime Tuesday night while I'm taking in the a$$-kicking we give to the Tide, the image of you scratching your balls will probably run through my mind. Thanks so much for that.  LOL

If Kentucky plays with the same fire that they had at Florida & continues to build on that they win out. I'm just afraid if they get too many boos and people trash them for too long they may decide to not play at all.
Which would suck for me an those who just enjoy the game its self. It will be interesting from here moving forward on how they handle the adversity.

I will say this- they have the pieces to be very dangerous. They seem to be figuring out how they need to play to be successful. I think say see Keion as a leader and they seem to play with a greater sense of purpose and confidence when he's on the floor. If the Cats make the tournament and I was an opposing team,  I wouldn't want to see them in the first or second round .
(01-11-2021, 02:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 01:36 AM)Oledad92 Wrote:

I will say this- they have the pieces to be very dangerous. They seem to be figuring out how they need to play to be successful. I think say see Keion as a leader and they seem to play with a greater sense of purpose and confidence when he's on the floor. If the Cats make the tournament and I was an opposing team,  I wouldn't want to see them in the first or second round .
What I like is the thought that they haven't even peaked yet. Man its going to be exciting can't wait for tomorrow!
I personally care less if they stand or do not. That is on them. They have the right. I am just glad they were playing together and finally shooting the ball better.