Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Powell No Longer a Republican
Wow! 

Interesting. Thoughts anyone?

Colin Powell: 'I can no longer call myself a fellow Republican' (msn.com)
Good riddance. He has not really been a Republican for a long time. I am glad that he made it official.
You're going to see more and more of this, unless Trumpism is exorcised from the Party.  I mean who would want to be a part of THIS Republican Party?  A  Proud Boy ?  A xenophobe?  Q-Anon? Domestic terrorists?   It is a cult of personality. It has taken on the personality of one, Donald J. Trump. If Lincoln and Reagan were still alive, each of them would leave this bastardized version of the Party they once admired.  I cannot see Gen. Powell  as a good fit for this Trump Cult. He had to leave.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-11-2021, 01:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: You're going to see more and more of this, unless Trumpism is exorcised from the Party.  I mean who would want to be a part of THIS Republican Party?  A  Proud Boy ?  A xenophobe?  Q-Anon? Domestic terrorists?   It is a cult of personality. It has taken on the personality of one, Donald J. Trump. If Lincoln and Reagan were still alive, each of them would leave this bastardized version of the Party they once admired.  I cannot see Gen. Powell  as a good fit for this Trump Cult. He had to leave.
What an angry post. Your hate for Trump runs deep. Don't let it consume you. Democrats are trying to impeach Trump because they are afraid that he will run again in 2020. Apparently your party leaders believe that there are plenty of Republicans who will be around in four years. Pelosi and Schumer know who won the election and how many fake votes it took to put Biden over the top. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(01-11-2021, 01:46 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 01:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: You're going to see more and more of this, unless Trumpism is exorcised from the Party.  I mean who would want to be a part of THIS Republican Party?  A  Proud Boy ?  A xenophobe?  Q-Anon? Domestic terrorists?   It is a cult of personality. It has taken on the personality of one, Donald J. Trump. If Lincoln and Reagan were still alive, each of them would leave this bastardized version of the Party they once admired.  I cannot see Gen. Powell  as a good fit for this Trump Cult. He had to leave.
What an angry post. Your hate for Trump runs deep. Don't let it consume you. Democrats are trying to impeach Trump because they are afraid that he will run again in 2020. Apparently your party leaders believe that there are plenty of Republicans who will be around in four years. Pelosi and Schumer know who won the election and how many fake votes it took to put Biden over the top. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Give it up, Hooter. There was no voter fraud.  Biden is your legitimate President and Harris, your Vice-President. Even Trump's closest allies know that to be the case.  His golfing buddy,  Miss Lindsey G. , minced no words:

"“Trump and I, we’ve had a hell of a journey. I hated it being this way. Oh, my god, I hate it. “From my point of view, he’s been a consequential president. But today, first thing you’ll see, all I can say is count me out, enough is enough.”

“They say there’s 66,000 people in Georgia under 18 voted. How many people believe that(besides Hoot Gibson)? I ask give me ten. Haven’t had one,” he noted. “They said 8,000 felons in prison in Arizona voted. Give me ten. I haven’t gotten one. As I say, there’s problems in every election. I don’t buy this. Enough’s enough. We got to end it.”
“It is over. The final thing, Joe Biden. I’ve traveled the world with Joe. I prayed he would lose. He won. He’s the legitimate President of the United States. I cannot convince people, certain groups by my words, but I will tell you by my actions that I above all others in this body need to say this.”  “Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are lawfully elected and will become the President and the Vice President of the United States.”
(01-11-2021, 01:46 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
I tell you it's not my hate for your Dear Leader it's his actions and results of the horrible and i mean horrible job he has done 
Just open your eyes and look how bad he is leaving his job after only 4 years 
There has been no president that has left such a worse mess than your Dear Leader
It's not even close
Worst president ever
Fellas, I thought 2020 was the problem and once we crossed over into 2021 all would be well. The year wasn’t cursed.

It was the man running the world. Crap happens always but when you have good leaders, hell decent human beings, leading problems are squashed or diminished. DJT throws gasoline on every fire and divides the nation.

The irony is we have people who have spewed hate for years now trying to call out hate and ask for peace.

That is why the GOP is crumbling. Colin Powell never fulfilled his full political potential because he was a common sense Republican. He couldn’t participate in the hatefulness and drawing in of truly deplorable people in order to win an election.