Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leahy, not Roberts, to preside over "impeachment trial"
I don't think this is going to turn out well for Democrats. The Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court has declined an invitation extended by Democrats to preside over the Senate trial of the sham impeachment of former President Trump. Maybe Chief Justice Roberts is trying to tell Democrats something.

Democrats have decided that Senator Patrick Leahy, who has already voted to convict former President Trump of one sham impeachment would be the perfect selection to preside over the second sham impeachment trial. The problem is, Leahy is not the Chief Justice of the Supreme court and Trump is no longer the President of the United States.

Quote:When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside
Quote:Leahy, not Roberts, to preside over impeachment trial

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts will not preside over former President Trump’s Senate impeachment trial, which is scheduled to begin in earnest on Feb. 8.

Instead, Senate President Pro Tempore Patrick Leahy (Vt.), the most senior member of the Senate Democratic Conference, will preside over the trial.

Leahy on Monday confirmed he would wield the gavel and promised to administer “impartial justice.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
I don't think it matters who presides over the trial the turd got to go
(01-25-2021, 07:41 PM)vector#1 Wrote: I don't think it matters who presides over the trial the turd got to go
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Where did you get your law degree? It will not matter in the least what you think matters. If Democrats don't change Roberts' mind, it is unlikely that there will be any trial and if there is a trial, it is likely that it will be erased from history by the Supreme Court. The only President of the United States at this time is Pedo Joe Biden, who coincidentally, has actually committed impeachable crimes. That is the only person's trial over which the Chief Justice is required to preside. The word "shall" is a special one in the legal world. The authors of the Constitution did not include it by chance.
(01-25-2021, 07:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:41 PM)vector#1 Wrote: I don't think it matters who presides over the trial the turd got to go

Where did you get your law degree? It will not matter in the least what you think matters. If Democrats don't change Roberts' mind, it is unlikely that there will be any trial and if there is a trial, it is likely that it will be erased from history by the Supreme Court. The only President of the United States at this time is Pedo Joe Biden, who coincidentally, has actually committed impeachable crimes. That is the only person's trial over which the Chief Justice is required to preside. The word "shall" is a special one in the legal world. The authors of the Constitution did not include it by chance.
I have no law degree now that's over with the way i look at it if the president is still in office then the chief judge will preside over the trial but the Turd is no longer in office so what happens now it has been done 

Meet the other American who was impeached and tried after leaving office (nbcnews.com)

a
nd i can see why take a federal official who has done something criminal like the Turd has and next day resigns thinking he can't be punished this must not be swept under the rug he must answer to what he has done
any decent moral patriotic american would want him to stand trial
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(01-25-2021, 08:16 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

I have no law degree now that's over with the way i look at it if the president is still in office then the chief judge will preside over the trial but the Turd is no longer in office so what happens now it has been done 

Meet the other American who was impeached and tried after leaving office (nbcnews.com)

a
nd i can see why take a federal official who has done something criminal like the Turd has and next day resigns thinking he can't be punished this must not be swept under the rug he must answer to what he has done
No U.S. President has ever been tried for impeachment after leaving office. Any decent man would recognize what a blatant miscarriage of justice it would be to conduct an unconstitutional trial of a former President of the United States who was wrongfully impeached twice by a party that is afraid to run a candidate against him in a fair election.

This is supposed to be a nation of laws. The Chief Justice
shall only preside over impeachment trials of the U.S. President. The purpose of an impeachment trial is to remove a president from office. Democrats are too late to remove Trump from office because he is already out of office. If they believe that the evidence is sufficient to convict, then Democrats should ask the new Attorney General to criminally prosecute Trump for inciting insurrection. That will not happen, vector. Do you know why that will not happen? Because there is no evidence of a crime.
(01-25-2021, 08:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

a
No U.S. President has ever been tried for impeachment after leaving office. Any decent man would recognize what a blatant miscarriage of justice it would be to conduct an unconstitutional trial of a former President of the United States who was wrongfully impeached twice by a party that is afraid to run a candidate against him in a fair election.

shall only preside over impeachment trials of the U.S. President. The purpose of an impeachment trial is to remove a president from office. Democrats are too late to remove Trump from office because he is already out of office. If they believe that the evidence is sufficient to convict, then Democrats should ask the new Attorney General to criminally prosecute Trump for inciting insurrection. That will not happen, vector. Do you know why that will not happen? Because there is no evidence of a crime.
First no us president has committed insurrection that i know of 
second the Turd is no longer president but he did commit the crime while in office

The Constitution requires the involvement of the chief justice only when the president is on trial. Since Trump no longer is president, there is no requirement for the chief justice to be involved.

In 2010, when former federal Judge Thomas Porteous was impeached, Senate President Pro Tempore Daniel Inouye presided over the trial.

Fact Check: Did Chief Justice Roberts Refuse to Preside Over Trump's Impeachment Trial? (msn.com)
A
nd again any decent moral patriotic american would want to see a trial can't just sweep this under a rug and act like nothing happened if they convict so be it if not so be it but the Turd must answer to what he has done
  • Gitback Coach
(01-25-2021, 08:50 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

a

second the Turd is no longer president but he did commit the crime while in office

The Constitution requires the involvement of the chief justice only when the president is on trial. Since Trump no longer is president, there is no requirement for the chief justice to be involved.

In 2010, when former federal Judge Thomas Porteous was impeached, Senate President Pro Tempore Daniel Inouye presided over the trial.

Fact Check: Did Chief Justice Roberts Refuse to Preside Over Trump's Impeachment Trial? (msn.com)
A
nd again any decent moral patriotic american would want to see a trial can't just sweep this under a rug and act like nothing happened if they convict so be it if not so be it but the Turd must answer to what he has done
I don't think that Newsweek is going to decide the legality of having a bitter partisan of the opposing party preside over the impeachment trial of a private citizen who is no longer President but I could be wrong. I have a feeling that the Supreme Court will strike down this farce. Trump has been removed from office already through a crooked election.

Democrats need to get busy proving that they are capable of governing effectively enough to field a winning candidate in 2024 and stop fearing Donald Trump. Come on, man, how hard could it be to defeat a twice impeached former president?
(01-25-2021, 09:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

a

A
I don't think that Newsweek is going to decide the legality of having a bitter partisan of the opposing party preside over the impeachment trial of a private citizen who is no longer President but I could be wrong. I have a feeling that the Supreme Court will strike down this farce. Trump has been removed from office already through a crooked election. Democrats need to get busy proving that they are capable of governing effectively enough to field a winning candidate in 2024 and stop fearing Donald Trump.
they will be a trial and senators will have to answer for there vote don't think the supreme court will rule against it the Turd is no longer president
(01-25-2021, 09:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 09:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 08:16 PM)vector#1 Wrote: I have no law degree now that's over with the way i look at it if the president is still in office then the chief judge will preside over the trial but the Turd is no longer in office so what happens now it has been done 

a

A
I don't think that Newsweek is going to decide the legality of having a bitter partisan of the opposing party preside over the impeachment trial of a private citizen who is no longer President but I could be wrong. I have a feeling that the Supreme Court will strike down this farce. Trump has been removed from office already through a crooked election. Democrats need to get busy proving that they are capable of governing effectively enough to field a winning candidate in 2024 and stop fearing Donald Trump.
they will be a trial and senators will have to answer for there vote don't think the supreme court will rule against it the Turd is no longer president
My opinion won't change regardless of the outcome because Democrats are clearly acting out of fear of competing with former President Trump. A trial is going to nothing to change the opinion of the 70 percent+ of Republicans like me who believe that there is no way that a politician as unpopular as Pedo Joe won a fair election over a popular sitting president. If Trump is perceived as the victim of a miscarriage of justice, his popularity will rise even more. The planned trial is a bone head political move by Democrats.
(01-25-2021, 07:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I don't think this is going to turn out well for Democrats. The Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court has declined an invitation extended by Democrats to preside over the Senate trial of the sham impeachment of former President Trump. Maybe Chief Justice Roberts is trying to tell Democrats something.

Democrats have decided that Senator Patrick Leahy, who has already voted to convict former President Trump of one sham impeachment would be the perfect selection to preside over the second sham impeachment trial. The problem is, Leahy is not the Chief Justice of the Supreme court and Trump is no longer the President of the United States.

Quote:When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts will not preside over former President Trump’s Senate impeachment trial, which is scheduled to begin in earnest on Feb. 8.

Instead, Senate President Pro Tempore Patrick Leahy (Vt.), the most senior member of the Senate Democratic Conference, will preside over the trial.

Leahy on Monday confirmed he would wield the gavel and promised to administer “impartial justice.”
Glad you agree with me now Hoot! This will be as big or bigger farce than the first one. For liberal propaganda only, to keep their low-information voters brainwashed.
(01-25-2021, 10:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I don't think this is going to turn out well for Democrats. The Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court has declined an invitation extended by Democrats to preside over the Senate trial of the sham impeachment of former President Trump. Maybe Chief Justice Roberts is trying to tell Democrats something.

Glad you agree with me now Hoot! This will be as big or bigger farce than the first one. For liberal propaganda only, to keep their low-information voters brainwashed.
I have always thought the impeachment and trial would be a farce but if Roberts had agreed to preside, then it would have been easier for a few Republicans to vote to convict, pocket some Chinese cash, and then retired from politics. With a left wing political hack like Leahy presiding over a trial, it is an even bigger farce. Without Roberts' participation in the trial, I put the chances of Tulsi Gabbard voting to acquit at about 50/50. 

Democrats should cut their losses they have suffered enough political damage by pushing these sham impeachments. 
(01-25-2021, 10:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I have always thought the impeachment and trial would be a farce but if Roberts had agreed to preside, then it would have been easier for a few Republicans to vote to convict, pocket some Chinese cash, and then retired from politics. With a left wing political hack like Leahy presiding over a trial, it is an even bigger farce. Without Roberts' participation in the trial, I put the chances of Tulsi Gabbard voting to acquit at about 50/50. 

Democrats should cut their losses they have suffered enough political damage by pushing these sham impeachments. 
Democrats can never cut their losses, they have to keep pushing lies against their political opponents to divert their low-information voters from realizing they don't have any real ideas on how to move the country forward.
(01-25-2021, 11:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Democrats can never cut their losses, they have to keep pushing lies against their political opponents to divert their low-information voters from realizing they don't have any real ideas on how to move the country forward.
You're probably right. Anything that diverts attention from Pedo Joe is probably a good thing for them. But a second Trump impeachment acquittal in a year is going to be a tough pill for those low information voters to swallow.

What losses ?
In the last 2 years they are now in control of the House Senate and the White House if you and Quooter call that losses bring it on
  • Gitback Coach
(01-26-2021, 10:20 AM)vector#1 Wrote:

What losses ?
In the last 2 years they are now in control of the House Senate and the White House if you and Quooter call that losses bring it on
That is so precious, vector. Pedo Biden is in the White House and you think you are a winner as the result of a rigged election. Bless your little heart.
Well first Joseph Biden is president won by a landslide and no fraud
The democrats control the senate
The democrats control the House
They done this in a span of less than 2 years i believe it's a first
Quooter you and the Jet call that losing take that all day
  • Gitback Coach
(01-26-2021, 02:02 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Well first Joseph Biden is president won by a landslide and no fraud
Democrats are terrified at the prospect of running against Trump in 2024. Biden's approval rate is holding steady at 48 percent vs. 47 percent disapproval. Enjoy that high approval rate while you can, vector. It won't last long. Democrats lost seats in the House and they had to cheat to win the White House.

Believe what you want, but 10 times more National Guard troops than supporters attended his inauguration ceremony. I believe that is a first. Surrounding himself with a fence and razor wire was also a first. Pedo Joe is a coward who knows that he lost the election. There is no other reason to explain why he has surrounded himself with troops.

Biden is the epitome of a loser who won nothing but took credit as if he did. Democrats should start a fund so that Joe can hire a few hundred actors to play his devoted supporters when he reads his speeches.  Big Grin
(01-26-2021, 02:19 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:02 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Well first Joseph Biden is president won by a landslide and no fraud
Democrats are terrified at the prospect of running against Trump in 2024. Biden's approval rate is holding steady at 48 percent vs. 47 percent disapproval. Enjoy that high approval rate while you can, vector. It won't last long. Democrats lost seats in the House and they had to cheat to win the White House.

Believe what you want, but 10 times more National Guard troops than supporters attended his inauguration ceremony. I believe that is a first. Surrounding himself with a fence and razor wire was also a first. Pedo Joe is a coward who knows that he lost the election. There is no other reason to explain why he has surrounded himself with troops.

Biden is the epitome of a loser who won nothing but took credit as if he did. Democrats should start a fund so that Joe can hire a few hundred actors to play his devoted supporters when he reads his speeches.  Big Grin
Quooter they will just beat the Turd again just like this time by a bigger margain they are not afraid of him look how much they have won because of the Turd why would you be afraid ?
The reason we had all the national guard at the swearing in of the 46th president is because of the actions of the Turd
One thing we should agree on is the actions that happened on jan 6th would not of happened if not for the Turd time to flush him
(01-26-2021, 02:26 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Quooter they will just beat the Turd again just like this time by a bigger margain they are not afraid of him look how much they have won because of the Turd why would you be afraid ?
The reason we had all the national guard at the swearing in of the 46th president is because of the actions of the Turd
One thing we should agree on is the actions that happened on jan 6th would not of happened if not for the Turd time to flush him
The fact that Democrats executed another sham impeachment and were hoping to convict him and add a penalty that would prevent him from ever running for office again should be screaming to you that Democrats are afraid of running against Trump again. Wake up and smell the F-E-A-R, vector.  Big Grin

Well, let's see where his approval rating goes in a few months.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-26-2021, 02:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:26 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

The fact that Democrats executed another sham impeachment and were hoping to convict him and add a penalty that would prevent him from ever running for office again should be screaming to you that Democrats are afraid of running against Trump again. Wake up and smell the F-E-A-R, vector.  Big Grin
Once again Quooter you are wrong
The democrats believe the Turd should have to answer about the crime he has done it's not that complicated that's why the republicans are trying to find a way out by saying it's unconstitutional that way they won't be on the record for a yes or no vote
But if you would ask any of the 50 republicans off the record if what the Turd done was wrong 75% would say impeach him
  • Gitback Coach
^^ Right. The tricky part is getting any one of those Republicans or you, to name the crime you keep talking about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-26-2021, 02:51 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Right. The tricky part is getting any one of those Republicans or you, to name the crime you keep talking about.
This would be a good place to start

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
I
 think this is the article of impeachment they have accused the Turd of and yes it's a crime
The actions on Jan 6th would not happened without the Turd

(01-26-2021, 02:38 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Well, let's see where his approval rating goes in a few months.
(01-26-2021, 03:26 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:51 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Right. The tricky part is getting any one of those Republicans or you, to name the crime you keep talking about.

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
I
 think this is the article of impeachment they have accused the Turd of and yes it's a crime
The Lincoln assassination would not have taken place if Lincoln had stayed home and not gone to the theater. Being in the general vicinity of a crime does not make one guilty of that crime. 

One thing is for certain, nobody will ever accuse Pedo Joe of getting an audience excited. Bill Clinton used the Biden inauguration as an opportunity to catch up on his sleep.
(01-26-2021, 03:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I
The Lincoln assassination would not have taken place if Lincoln had stayed home and not gone to the theater. Being in the general vicinity of a crime does not make one guilty of that crime. 

One thing is for certain, nobody will ever accuse Pedo Joe of getting an audience excited. Bill Clinton used the Biden inauguration as an opportunity to catch up on his sleep.
Well Quooter i don't know where to start with this one but i will try without laughing at you
Lincoln had nothing to do with what happened on jan 6th 2021 in fact he has been dead over 140 years 
What the Turd had done for over 2 months lying about the election to his Flock threaten the SOS of Georgia to steal him enough votes to overturn the vote  we will just have to wait and see if the republicans in the senate care more about there country or there
own selves if this is not a impeachable offense then nothing is just take it out of the constitution
  • Gitback Coach
(01-26-2021, 03:51 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

I

Well Quooter i don't know where to start with this one but i will try without laughing at you
Lincoln had nothing to do with what happened on jan 6th 2021 in fact he has been dead over 140 years 
What the Turd had done for over 2 months lying about the election to his Flock threaten the SOS of Georgia to steal him enough votes to overturn the vote  we will just have to wait and see if the republicans in the senate care more about there country or there
own selves if this is not a impeachable offense then nothing is just take it out of the constitution
If there was proof that Trump incited an insurrection, then it certainly would be an impeachable offense but there is no more evidence that Trump is guilty than there was evidence that Lincoln was involved in his own assassination. (You must have missed the weeks of school where metaphors, similes, and analogies were taught.)
I agree with what someone said earlier, forget who, but the Dems need to really focus on all of the problems that our Country is suffering from at this time and leave Trump on the back burner. Some Dems are too obsessed with Trump, but I think the GOP are the ones afraid of him going forward.
(01-26-2021, 04:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 03:51 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

I

If there was proof that Trump incited an insurrection, then it certainly would be an impeachable offense but there is no more evidence that Trump is guilty than there was evidence that Lincoln was involved in his own assassination. (You must have missed the weeks of school where metaphors, similes, and analogies were taught.)
There's NO IF it's everywhere you just have to want to look for it
Well i don't believe Lincoln was involved in his own assassination that could be considered suicide but he was a victim 

(01-26-2021, 04:42 PM)The Outsider Wrote: I agree with what someone said earlier, forget who, but the Dems need to really focus on all of the problems that our Country is suffering from at this time and leave Trump on the back burner.  Some Dems are too obsessed with Trump, but I think the GOP are the ones afraid of him going forward.
I think they can do both but i also believe this cannot be just swept under the rug liked it never happened
And i believe the democrats will have a hard time getting the republicans to help with anything just maybe wait till 2022 and win more senate seats
(01-26-2021, 04:42 PM)The Outsider Wrote: I agree with what someone said earlier, forget who, but the Dems need to really focus on all of the problems that our Country is suffering from at this time and leave Trump on the back burner.  Some Dems are too obsessed with Trump, but I think the GOP are the ones afraid of him going forward.

The Senate has done nothing for 6 years at least.  Righting a wrong would be a good place to start.  

Schumer can prove how much more effective Democrats are than Republicans by doing the work for Americans and scrubbing the skidmark out of America's underwear.