Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc Holliday Out At Marshall
"Holliday announced Monday on social media that university president Jerry Gilbert told him the school wouldn't be extending his contract, which was set to expire in late June."

"Holliday posted an 85-54 record at Marshall, including a 55-30 mark in conference play. He won a Conference USA title in 2014 and earned three division championships."

Surely Marshall didn't fire Holliday for his team's on field performances.  I wouldn't expect a school like Marshall to perform much better than they have under him.  He took Marshall to 8 bowl games winning 6 of them.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2021/01/...609817414/
This has to be seen coming with how dissappinting their season was this year
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The fan base had grown restless wanting a return to the days of Jim Donnon, but that isn't happening. Jim broke every rule in the book while at Marshall. I doubt another coach could get by with what he did. Winning 6 out of 8 bowl games is impressive to me for a school like Marshall. I guess Doc could have won a couple more conference titles. I read that billionaire and current Governor of West Virginia had a hand in Doc's dismissal. He is a a Marshall alum. There were also rumors that Chad Pennington may be interested in the job, but he issued a statement saying he was happy living in Lexington and coaching his kids at Sayre. I just don't think he has enough coaching experience for a job like Marshall.
I think Pennington will be a good coach in a few years, it would be a huge mistake if Marshall hired him. Also, he seems very happy coaching at the high school level.
I wonder why they want Holliday out. He has had good success while at Marshall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]