Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Leader Speaks Out About Trump and the Capitol Insurrection
This is a oddity ;  an evangelical leader speaking the truth.

Russell Moore is president of the Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention,  the moral and public policy agency of the nation's largest Protestant denomination.

Christians have sometimes disagreed about the meaning of Romans 13, but there is [i]no interpretation [/i]of Romans 13 that would support murderous and violent insurrection, or the inciting of the same. The powers-that-be, Paul wrote, are “instituted by God,” and are to operate within limits: “For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad” (Rom. 13:4), and the sword is to be exercised—not by vigilante mobs—but by those legitimate authorities and only against “the wrongdoer” (Rom. 13:4). 

The governing authorities do not have a choice as to whether or not to hold people accountable for inciting and carrying out insurrection. To do otherwise would be to cease to be a just society, and to empower future evildoers to do the same. Everyone who attacked our Capitol or planned or directed such a storming of the Capitol, should be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. 

You will hear people saying that for the sake of “unity” we should quietly put such things away. God forbid. The unity of the people cannot come with a lack of accountability. The police do not have the option to ignore these mobs. The Congress does not have the option to ignore their constitutional obligations on high crimes and misdemeanors. The Vice President and the Cabinet cannot put aside questions of their responsibilities for fear of their futures. To hope that this all will just quietly go away and resolve itself is to incite future terrorists and is to do exactly what the Bible forbids—to “justify the wicked and to condemn the righteous” (Prov. 17:15). 
Unity demands accountability. Justice demands accountability. Without such, all we are left with is “lawlessness leading to more lawlessness” (Rom. 6:19). 

You don’t have to agree with me. I might be wrong. I don’t speak for anyone else, only myself. But you deserve to hear from me what I honestly think. If I were the President, I would resign. If I were the Vice President, I would assemble the cabinet in accordance with the 25th Amendment. If I were a Member of Congress, I would vote to impeach. And if I were a United States senator, I would vote to convict. And I would be willing, if necessary, to lose my seat to do so. As a matter of fact, I am willing, if necessary, to lose this seat. 
Again, I might be wrong. But, if so, propose what can be done to make sure that justice is done and that this never happens to our country again. 
Is that easy? No. Will people say you’re a “closet liberal.” Yes. Will people threaten “psychological warfare” or conduct endless investigations against you? Maybe. Will people send threats to kill you and your family or to destroy your reputation and ministry? Perhaps. 
You can survive all that. Trust me. 

Here's the whole piece. It's a worthwhile read.

https://www.russellmoore.com/2021/01/11/...urrection/
Hell has froze over
(01-12-2021, 10:19 AM)vector#1 Wrote: Hell has froze over

don’t get too excited.

A good percentage of these charlatans found a way to justify or distract with talk of Antifa.  

Anything to keep that offering plate full.  You would think this would be a good time for them to kick Trump to the curb, so those tithe envelopes will go to their pockets instead of Trump’s pockets.
^^ Matthew 12:36

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Pour it on boys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-12-2021, 01:28 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Matthew 12:36

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Pour it on boys.
There is no shortage of Democrats who have been vocal critics of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Liberals think that Republican critics of Trump must be revealing the truth about him and so they post other opinions as if they are facts. It is a lazy and dishonest argument but apparently it is effective among liberals and Democrats.

Pour it on boys.
“Watch out for false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are voracious wolves. You will recognize them by their fruit. Grapes are not gathered from thorns or figs from thistles, are they? In the same way, every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree is not able to bear bad fruit, nor a bad tree to bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will recognize them by their fruit.

Matthew 7:15-20 (NET)
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1

Pour it on boys.

I guess we will be roasting together.
(01-12-2021, 02:23 PM)d Cardfan1 Wrote:

Pour it on boys.

Ah, the everything-is-relative circular express, pulls back in for a refueling stop.

Hound posted a perfectly reasonable point for discussion. Based on my own personal relationship with the Lord, I don't agree with the conclusions of the author of the article. In painting God's Church as a bunch of hypocrites you and vector immediately took the conversation straight into the ditch. vector, false prophets do not extol Christ as mankind's only hope.

Those who are saved, know they are saved. It's not a game where we have to wait and see, or we wait to get our supposed good weighed against our bad. Those who have been called via their own pangs of conscience, and bowed before God in repentance will be saved in that moment as the Holy Spirit gives immediate confirmation. If our salvation were based in our own supposed good works, why would Christ have needed to die on the cross in sacrifice for us? So Cardfan, now your opinion usurps Scripture too huh?

The author did point out that it is the Lord Who establishes kings and presidents and etc. Joe Biden is coming in, we ought to at least recognize how futile and ridiculous an impeachment proceeding in the last week of the present administration's tenure actually is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-12-2021, 03:01 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 02:23 PM)d Cardfan1 Wrote:

Pour it on boys.

Ah, the everything-is-relative circular express, pulls back in for a refueling stop.

Hound posted a perfectly reasonable point for discussion. Based on my own personal relationship with the Lord, I don't agree with the conclusions of the author of the article. In painting God's Church as a bunch of hypocrites you and vector immediately took the conversation straight into the ditch. vector, false prophets do not extol Christ as mankind's only hope.

Those who are saved, know they are saved. It's not a game where we have to wait and see, or we wait to get our supposed good weighed against our bad. Those who have been called via their own pangs of conscience, and bowed before God in repentance will be saved in that moment as the Holy Spirit gives immediate confirmation. If our salvation were based in our own supposed good works, why would Christ have needed to die on the cross in sacrifice for us? So now Cardfan's opinion usurps Scripture too huh?

The author did point out that it is the Lord Who establishes kings and presidents and etc. Joe Biden is coming in, we ought to at least recognize how futile and ridiculous an impeachment proceeding in the last week of the present administration's tenure actually is.
Or how futile a coup was.  
Big Grin
That was a softball.

TRT,  you can't preach judgement on criticism and then pound away on somebody.  Well...I guess you can do what you want, but it makes you sound like a hypocrite and undermines your scripture usage.  

Everybody knows that our true judgment lies elsewhere, but until we get there; we are judged by our peers. It is obtuse to think otherwise.
(01-12-2021, 03:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Pour it on boys.

Those who are saved, know they are saved. It's not a game where we have to wait and see, or we wait to get our supposed good weighed against our bad. Those who have been called via their own pangs of conscience, and bowed before God in repentance will be saved in that moment as the Holy Spirit gives immediate confirmation. If our salvation were based in our own supposed good works, why would Christ have needed to die on the cross in sacrifice for us? So now Cardfan's opinion usurps Scripture too huh?

Big Grin
That was a softball.

TRT,  you can't preach judgement on criticism and then pound away on somebody.  Well...I guess you can do what you want, but it makes you sound like a hypocrite and undermines your scripture usage.  

Everybody knows that our true judgment lies elsewhere, but until we get there; we are judged by our peers. It is obtuse to think otherwise.

You can't generalize making blanket summary judging the true Church Cardfan. Can you not see that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-12-2021, 03:13 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 03:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Pour it on boys.

Big Grin
That was a softball.

You can't generalize making blanket summary judging the true Church Cardfan. Can you not see that?

Which is the true church?  

This whole argument is circular.  When it comes down to it, not one church preaches for its followers to lie, cheat, and act any way like DJT.  Not one.  Actually I don't know that.  The Church of Satan or Pastafarianism may...I don't care to even look into them.

But Christianity does not.  We had an entire thread on that.  It was the same thing;  no judgement by man blah...blah...blah.  

Then why the hell would anybody listen in Sunday School class to sermons?  Why not skip church altogether and do whatever you choose?    

If churches believe it's ok to do what DJT has done his entire life and be worshipped by people then why shouldn't every other Christian?  

Churches are going to have to answer this when the fever breaks.
^^ Inwardly you know that you're going too far. The true Church are those who are saved and I'm not at all concerned that those involved, nor the Lord suffers any confusion to that end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^ Most of my post vaporized somehow. No Christian excuses or condones the sins of the President. Every man will like you, stand on his own before the eternal Judge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-12-2021, 10:34 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Inwardly you know that you're going too far. The true Church are those who are saved and I'm not at all concerned that those involved, nor the Lord suffers any confusion to that end.

(01-12-2021, 11:04 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Most of my post vaporized somehow. No Christian excuses or condones the sins of the President. Every man will like you, stand on his own before the eternal Judge.
That makes absolutely zero sense.

Christians have persecuted the same sins Trump has admitted in American citizens for centuries, but today they worship a man that commits them. 

how does that work?
(01-12-2021, 11:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 10:34 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Inwardly you know that you're going too far. The true Church are those who are saved and I'm not at all concerned that those involved, nor the Lord suffers any confusion to that end.

(01-12-2021, 11:04 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Most of my post vaporized somehow. No Christian excuses or condones the sins of the President. Every man will like you, stand on his own before the eternal Judge.
That makes absolutely zero sense.

Christians have persecuted the same sins Trump has admitted in American citizens for centuries, but today they worship a man that commits them. 

how does that work?

It works as I have explained to you, but you have rejected. If you are going to persist in making a moral argument against Trump or anybody else it is you who have moved the discussion to the Lord's purview. When you go to the polling place, you get the option to vote for or against elected officials. That's how you get to define them, you accept or reject them at the poll. The end. Now I knew a lot of men over the course of my life who had a particularly acute appreciation for women, lots of women. And as a result they had a particularly hard time limiting their interest and attentions to just one of them. There have been MANY well known and pivotal politicians who fit the same category. FDR had a mistress but under his guidance the US won WW2. Jack Kennedy, (Cuban missile crisis) Bobby Kennedy and Ted Kennedy all were known for their sexual dalliances. Bill Clinton anyone? All of those men had their questionable rendezvous while in office. Trump has walked the straight and narrow since his election.

And there are plenty of men in the Lord's Church who at one time or another suffered the same problem. Or alcohol. Or gambling. Or you name it or any combination thereof. When the Lord saved them they became a 'new creature in Christ' with a 'new nature.' But no matter who you are, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Further, he who is guilty of breaking God's law in one point, according to Him and let's face it, this is His universe; is guilty of breaking the whole law. That means all men are liars and murderers and the whole lot of it. The only thing which makes any of us good is the righteousness of Christ which is conferred upon all those whom He saves.

Your judgment of DJT is unacceptable in the Lord's eyes and in the eyes of those who understand such things because only He Who lived a perfect life on earth and then died on the cross, can make such judgments. Your judgment of Trump is a MORAL judgment. But Christians do not persecute the same sins Trump may or may not be guilty of committing as you say. And Christians do not worship President Trump. We point to the only One Who can forgive sin. You are wrong to say things like you have dared to say above.

ISAIAH 60
14“The sons of those who afflicted you will come bowing to you,
            And all those who despised you will bow themselves at the soles of your feet;
            And they will call you the city of the LORD,
            The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can’t get passed the fact you are comparing Trump to FDR, Kennedy, or even Clinton. :D :D

I understand you have to pick the best of bad choices, but that’s not what evangelicals have done with Trump.

Many have worshiped Trump and make a suggestion as if he is the second coming. Hell, some of the stuff you’ve posted on here is near worship. I’ve watched Copeland, White, Graham speak in tongues. Some pastors have turned nearly militant. I’ve never seen them treat any president this way.

I understand the awful, sinful Democrats (another example of hypocrisy), but Trump has nearly become a wing of the Holy Trinity. His sins have been normalized. His hatred and apathy has been normalized. He has been celebrated by evangelicals. He has been lifted up.

That’s not hold your nose and vote.
(01-13-2021, 09:07 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I can’t get passed the fact you are comparing Trump to FDR, Kennedy, or even Clinton.  Big Grin Big Grin

I understand you have to pick the best of bad choices, but that’s not what evangelicals have done with Trump.

Many have worshiped Trump and make a suggestion as if he is the second coming.  Hell, some of the stuff you’ve posted on here is near worship. I’ve watched Copeland, White, Graham  speak in tongues.  Some pastors have turned nearly militant.  I’ve never seen them treat any president this way. 

I understand the awful, sinful Democrats (another example of hypocrisy), but Trump has nearly become a wing of the Holy Trinity.  His sins have been normalized.  His hatred and apathy has been normalized.  He has been celebrated by evangelicals. He has been lifted up. 

When you vote for a traitor, you forfeit your credibility to judge anybody else's voting decisions.
(01-13-2021, 10:28 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 09:07 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I can’t get passed the fact you are comparing Trump to FDR, Kennedy, or even Clinton.  Big Grin Big Grin

Many have worshiped Trump and make a suggestion as if he is the second coming.  Hell, some of the stuff you’ve posted on here is near worship. I’ve watched Copeland, White, Graham  speak in tongues.  Some pastors have turned nearly militant.  I’ve never seen them treat any president this way. 

I understand the awful, sinful Democrats (another example of hypocrisy), but Trump has nearly become a wing of the Holy Trinity.  His sins have been normalized.  His hatred and apathy has been normalized.  He has been celebrated by evangelicals. He has been lifted up. 

When you vote for a traitor, you forfeit your credibility to judge anybody else's voting decisions.
So this was your last vote, Hoot?
(01-13-2021, 10:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

My last vote was against the crime family boss and his crackhead bagman, Hunter.

Be careful don’t make any judgements., Hooter.

Only God can judge.
(01-14-2021, 12:57 AM)/Cardfan1 Wrote:

I understand the awful, sinful Democrats (another example of hypocrisy), but Trump has nearly become a wing of the Holy Trinity.  His sins have been normalized.  His hatred and apathy has been normalized.  He has been celebrated by evangelicals. He has been lifted up.  -

/

Only God can judge.
Joe's crackhead son, Hunter, warned his sister that his Pop was a greedy old man who took half of his income for 30 years. Are you calling Hunter a liar? If so, what is Hunter's motive for confessing his own crimes and claiming that Joe was an accomplice?

I think that China Joe's crackhead son is more honest than his President-elect Pop, the traitor for whom you voted.
(01-14-2021, 01:37 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I understand the awful, sinful Democrats (another example of hypocrisy), but Trump has nearly become a wing of the Holy Trinity.  His sins have been normalized.  His hatred and apathy has been normalized.  He has been celebrated by evangelicals. He has been lifted up.  -

/

Only God can judge.
Joe's crackhead son, Hunter, warned his sister that his Pop was a greedy old man who took half of his income for 30 years. Are you calling Hunter a liar? If so, what is Hunter's motive for confessing his own crimes and claiming that Joe was an accomplice?

I think that China Joe's crackhead son is more honest than his President-elect Pop, the traitor for whom you voted.

kind of rough in a man dealing with drug issues aren’t you, Hoot?  I feel you’re judging him. 

If Joe is as bad as you say he’ll be the star of every Sunday morning service.  You’ll never get him out of office!  Big Grin
(01-14-2021, 01:44 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 01:37 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

/

Only God can judge.

kind of rough in a man dealing with drug issues aren’t you, Hoot?  I feel you’re judging him. 

If Joe is as bad as you say he’ll be the star of every Sunday morning service.  You’ll never get him out of office!  Big Grin
Not at all. I think Hunter is a much more honest than his Pop, China Joe. When one man insists that he is an honest, patriotic American but that man's son claims that his father is a greedy traitor, they cannot both be telling the truth, can they? I think crackhead, Hunter, may be the most honest member of his crooked family.
(01-14-2021, 02:19 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Not at all. I think Hunter is a much more honest than his Pop, China Joe. When one man insists that he is an honest, patriotic American but that man's son claims that his father is a greedy traitor, they cannot both be telling the truth, can they? I think crackhead, Hunter, may be the most honest member of his crooked family.

Hoot, you do know how to start another thread, right?  This is the second or third thread you've tried to hijack with your Joe Biden disinformation.  

However if true, I'm just happy to know that evangelicals are going to lift Hunter and Joe up.  From your descriptions they are just as deplorable as the Trumps, and we see how revered those outlaws are.
(01-14-2021, 10:59 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:19 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Not at all. I think Hunter is a much more honest than his Pop, China Joe. When one man insists that he is an honest, patriotic American but that man's son claims that his father is a greedy traitor, they cannot both be telling the truth, can they? I think crackhead, Hunter, may be the most honest member of his crooked family.

Hoot, you do know how to start another thread, right?  This is the second or third thread you've tried to hijack with your Joe Biden disinformation.  

However if true, I'm just happy to know that evangelicals are going to lift Hunter and Joe up.  From your descriptions they are just as deplorable as the Trumps, and we see how revered those outlaws are.
Hunter is a crackhead and both he and Joe are traitors. That does not put them on equal moral footing with the Trump family. Evangelicals who support the Biden crime family are taking the low road.
(01-14-2021, 11:08 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Hunter is a crackhead and both he and Joe are traitors. That does not put them on equal moral footing with the Trump family. Evangelicals who support the Biden crime family are taking the low road.
I have been glued to the news--tv, internet, online, you name it--I missed the attempt at violently overthrowing the govt from Hunter and Joe.  What channel was that on? Twitter?  Parler?  National Enquirer?  Big Grin

The road is really low right now. I'm not sure how evangelicals are going to get out of this one.  Who would have known the great DJT would have turned this way?  Right?  Right?  There was nothing indicating he was self-serving and vile BEFORE he was elected or WHILE he was in office.  Big Grin

I scoff, but the Christian church like the Republican party will suffer for hitching to Trump.
(01-14-2021, 12:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 11:08 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I have been glued to the news--tv, internet, online, you name it--I missed the attempt at violently overthrowing the govt from Hunter and Joe.  What channel was that on? Twitter?  Parler?  National Enquirer?  Big Grin

The road is really low right now. I'm not sure how evangelicals are going to get out of this one.  Who would have known the great DJT would have turned this way?  Right?  Right?  There was nothing indicating he was self-serving and vile BEFORE he was elected or WHILE he was in office.  Big Grin

I scoff, but the Christian church like the Republican party will suffer for hitching to Trump.
If accepting bribes from foreign governments is not a serious crime from your perspective and one that seriously threatens this nation's sovereignty, then you need more serious help than I can provide to help you regain a grip on reality.

Oh I am sure you get 'passed' all the time. I realize you're not about to be reasonable, but then I as keep telling you, you serve a purpose. My comparisons of FDR et-al were spot-on and don't need your validation in the least.

And your less than witty and doctrinally illiterate post made to Hoot about judging is just as weak. YOU have indeed judged Trump's moral character and his standing with Christ. And you will be judged just as harshly as you have judged Trump for doing so, as I have posted. Or, you can drop the act that absolutely nobody believes or is impressed with excepting of course vector, and let up off the laugh icon for 2 seconds. I mean I get it. There is zero by way of evidence that the President has broken the law, and if not the 20 something percent of the left, history will restore the record.

When you say "many have worshiped Trump" let alone the blasphemy regarding the second coming, you lie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-15-2021, 12:47 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Oh I am sure you get 'passed' all the time. I realize you're not about to be reasonable, but then I as keep telling you, you serve a purpose. My comparisons of FDR et-al were spot-on and don't need your validation in the least.

And your less than witty and doctrinally illiterate post made to Hoot about judging is just as weak. YOU have indeed judged Trump's moral character and his standing with Christ. And you will be judged just as harshly as you have judged Trump for doing so, as I have posted. Or, you can drop the act that absolutely nobody believes or is impressed with excepting of course vector, and let up off the laugh icon for 2 seconds.  I mean I get it. There is zero by way of evidence that the President has broken the law, and if not the 20 something percent of the left, history will restore the record.

When you say "many have worshiped Trump" let alone the blasphemy regarding the second coming, you lie.

Are you online much?   

TRT, there is literal religious imagery portraying Trump as Christ, at the hand of God, fighting the devil, as an angel, etc.  These televangelists pray over him like he is delivering the world from evil.  They never prayed for Obama, W, Clinton, or H.W. like this.  They may have been mentioned in passing at maybe 9/11 or during wartime, but not routinely in every message.  

I have heard people talk about "God sent Trump" to lead us, and him losing or being removed for his crimes is an act against God.  

There are millions of people who feel this way.  

If I am judged for speaking the proven truth about Trump, they ain't none of us getting in. 

BTW, Obama, Nancy, Joe, Democrat haters will be turned away from the Pearly Gates too using your dogma.
(01-15-2021, 12:21 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 12:47 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:

And your less than witty and doctrinally illiterate post made to Hoot about judging is just as weak. YOU have indeed judged Trump's moral character and his standing with Christ. And you will be judged just as harshly as you have judged Trump for doing so, as I have posted. Or, you can drop the act that absolutely nobody believes or is impressed with excepting of course vector, and let up off the laugh icon for 2 seconds.  I mean I get it. There is zero by way of evidence that the President has broken the law, and if not the 20 something percent of the left, history will restore the record.

Are you online much?   

TRT, there is literal religious imagery portraying Trump as Christ, at the hand of God, fighting the devil, as an angel, etc.  These televangelists pray over him like he is delivering the world from evil.  They never prayed for Obama, W, Clinton, or H.W. like this.  They may have been mentioned in passing at maybe 9/11 or during wartime, but not routinely in every message.  

I have heard people talk about "God sent Trump" to lead us, and him losing or being removed for his crimes is an act against God.  

There are millions of people who feel this way.  

If I am judged for speaking the proven truth about Trump, they ain't none of us getting in. 

BTW, Obama, Nancy, Joe, Democrat haters will be turned away from the Pearly Gates too using your dogma.

The internet is a cesspool of nastiness Cardfan, one can find anything he wants to on the internet. But lies are still lies and imagery be damned, Christ is Savior and no true Christian believes anything else.

But allow me to amend my post, you lie viciously. But that's it Cardfan, when wrong the left's default setting is always the doubledown.

As I have posted the Scriptures clearly state that it is the Lord Who establishes Kings and Presidents etc. They are not all good Kings and Presidents because the people they rule get what they ask for. Especially when a people turn their backs on Him, chief among whom and as in the case of Israel, whose people know their nation was always intended to be the leaders of God's outreach to the world.

At one point in Israel's past the people, in similar fashion as has the US, turned their backs on God. Beginning in 2 Chronicles 12 the Lord gives us a list of Israel's bad apple kings. Beginning with Rehoboam who was Solomon's son, believe it or not, but he presided over the split of Israel which saw the appearance of the northern kingdom of Israel and the southern kingdom of Judah. There are 10 more to follow, all of whom being idol worshipers and who did evil in the sight of the Lord and caused great harm to befall Israel, culminating in the Babylonian captivity.

But you're right, outside of bowing before Christ in true repentance for one's sin, nobody's getting in. Nobody. Which is why your contempt for the Church, for which out of ignorance you regularly pronounce judgment, is so absurd. I believe America presently teeters on a similar brink as did Israel. We murder without regard millions of innocent babies. We pass laws in contravention to the law of God. We have banned mention of Him in the public square as our leaders pray to Brahma. I have no doubt that Billy Graham and his wife's  observation with regard to the United States' immediate future is on the money.

"MY HEART ACHES FOR AMERICA" 

Some years ago, my wife, Ruth, was reading the draft of a book I was writing. When she finished a section describing the terrible downward spiral of our nation’s moral standards and the idolatry of worshiping false gods such as technology and sex, she startled me by exclaiming, “If God doesn’t punish America, He’ll have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.” ----Billy Graham
https://billygraham.org/story/billy-grah...r-america/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]