Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1)Alabama 52 (3)Ohio State 24 (CFP National Championship)
Some are calling this Alabama team the greatest ever, much like was done with LSU last year.  What do you all think?
Like ever other championship for the last year, put an asterisks beside this one.
I figured Bama would win pretty easy but I expected Ohio State to score more points after their Clemson game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^Me too. We did a family comp, and I chose Bama 54-36. I was surprised when it appeared that OSU just stopped playing.
Alabama is good, really good. but comparing them to the Joe burrow led LSU championship team I gotta disagree. That LSU team was the real deal
(01-12-2021, 12:08 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: Alabama is good, really good. but comparing them to the Joe burrow led LSU championship team I gotta disagree. That LSU team was the real deal

I’d like to see that game. I think this Bama team goes score for score with them. But then it all comes down to who has the better QB for me and I’d take LSU to win.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The best team that I have ever seen was the 1995 Nebraska team. Keep in mind this team put up 53.2 points a game with a rushing attack.

"The Cornhuskers scored 638 points (53.2 per game) while only allowing 174 (14.5 per game). Their average margin of victory was 38.6 points, and their lowest margin of victory, against Washington State, was 14 points. The Cornhuskers successfully defended their 1994 national championship by defeating 2nd ranked Florida 62–24 in the Fiesta Bowl, at the time the second largest margin of victory ever between a No. 1 and No. 2 school (behind 1945 Army 48–0 over Notre Dame)[1] They are regarded by many as the greatest college football team of all time."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Neb...tball_team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Oledad92
(01-12-2021, 12:56 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 12:08 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: Alabama is good, really good. but comparing them to the Joe burrow led LSU championship team I gotta disagree. That LSU team was the real deal

I’d like to see that game. I think this Bama team goes score for score with them. But then it all comes down to who has the better QB for me and I’d take LSU to win.
I think burrow would pick that bama defense apart, that team lost a lot of players. if I can find the computerized simulation link I'll post it just to have s little fun

(01-12-2021, 02:54 PM)Westside Wrote: The best team that I have ever seen was the 1995 Nebraska team.  Keep in mind this team put up 53.2 points a game with a rushing attack.

"The Cornhuskers scored 638 points (53.2 per game) while only allowing 174 (14.5 per game). Their average margin of victory was 38.6 points, and their lowest margin of victory, against Washington State, was 14 points. The Cornhuskers successfully defended their 1994 national championship by defeating 2nd ranked Florida 62–24 in the Fiesta Bowl, at the time the second largest margin of victory ever between a No. 1 and No. 2 school (behind 1945 Army 48–0 over Notre Dame)[1] They are regarded by many as the greatest college football team of all time."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Neb...tball_team
I've watched them on ESPN classic, they was fun to watch. Defiantly up there in the top two. Football was a little different back then too. A lot rougher! I'm pondering my thoughts on the old Miami hurricanes team that was considered pretty darn good too. I wanna say late 80s? Either way I think its hard to choose we've been privileged to see some dandy's
What a passing game!!! Looks like pass defense just does not exist.
(01-14-2021, 07:23 PM)BlueSky Wrote: What a passing game!!! Looks like pass defense just does not exist.

Good offense beats food defense especially  in college
#BBFL