Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Trump Pardon Spree
(12-24-2020, 12:48 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 12:28 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...rt/617397/

“Remarkably, Mason predicted Donald Trump’s pardon of Paul Manafort and Roger Stone more than 230 years ago.

Back in 1787, when the Constitutional Convention was drafting the part of the Constitution that would soon become the presidential pardon power, Mason unequivocally opposed the provision. The president, he said, “ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself. It may happen, at some future day, that he will establish a monarchy, and destroy the republic. If he has the power of granting pardons before indictment, or conviction, may he not stop inquiry and prevent detection”

Trump has given the Founding Fathers plenty of reason to toss and turn in their graves.
Mason lost the debate over pardons more than 230 years ago, just as you have lost this one, although he presented his argument more eloquently. Your argument would have been more timely at the end of the Obama and Clinton presidencies.

We made it to the day where an authoritarian will encourage lawlessness and then he will pardon his criminals.  

I know you’re trying to tie this to former Democrat presidents to distract from the obvious malfeasance but you’re struggling, Hoot, you have a few tells. Big Grin
(12-24-2020, 01:07 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 12:28 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...rt/617397/

“Remarkably, Mason predicted Donald Trump’s pardon of Paul Manafort and Roger Stone more than 230 years ago.

Back in 1787, when the Constitutional Convention was drafting the part of the Constitution that would soon become the presidential pardon power, Mason unequivocally opposed the provision. The president, he said, “ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself. It may happen, at some future day, that he will establish a monarchy, and destroy the republic. If he has the power of granting pardons before indictment, or conviction, may he not stop inquiry and prevent detection”

Trump has given the Founding Fathers plenty of reason to toss and turn in their graves.
Mason lost the debate over pardons more than 230 years ago, just as you have lost this one, although he presented his argument more eloquently. Your argument would have been more timely at the end of the Obama and Clinton presidencies.

We made it to the day where an authoritarian will encourage lawlessness and then he will pardon his criminals.  

I know you’re trying to tie this to former Democrat presidents to distract from the obvious malfeasance but you’re struggling, Hoot, you have a few tells. Big Grin
Actually, you are struggling because you know so little of your own country's history. I think you were shocked to learn that every other president in modern history pardoned more people than Donald Trump has. Now, to save face you have tried to make a "quality" argument. The problem with that approach is that there has probably never been a president who issued more dubious pardons than Bill Clinton.

As I said, I really have no problems with presidents and governors having the power to grant pardons and clemency but you are really twisting yourself into knots in trying to demonize Trump for doing something that all of his predecessors have done. I am glad that you are not a judge. I have never seen such a lack of objectivity paired with such pervasive hypocrisy.
(12-24-2020, 01:25 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Actually, you are struggling because you know so little of your own country's history. I think you were shocked to learn that every other president in modern history pardoned more people than Donald Trump has. Now, to save face you have tried to make a "quality" argument. The problem with that approach is that there has probably never been a president who issued more dubious pardons than Bill Clinton.

As I said, I really have no problems with presidents and governors having the power to grant pardons and clemency but you are really twisting yourself into knots in trying to demonize Trump for doing something that all of his predecessors have done. I am glad that you are not a judge. I have never seen such a lack of objectivity paired with such pervasive hypocrisy.
Wrong again, Hooter.  All this winning... Big Grin

Go back to my first post. You just ASSumed I was talking about quantity of pardons.

I never expected Trump to pardon more than presidents who used the pardon as mercy.  I fully expected him to frivolously pardon his cronies with no restraint.  He isn’t disappointing.
(12-24-2020, 11:10 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 01:25 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Wrong again, Hooter.  All this winning... Big Grin

Go back to my first post. You just ASSumed I was talking about quantity of pardons.

I never expected Trump to pardon more than presidents who used the pardon as mercy.  I fully expected him to frivolously pardon his cronies with no restraint.  He isn’t disappointing.
More revisionist history. You are the one who assumed. Trump rightfully has no mercy for terrorists, such as those some of his Democrat predecessors pardoned. None of those Trump has pardoned pose a threat to society and the individuals who were targeted simply because they supported Trump never posed any threat.

I can imagine the outrage you would be expressing if Trump was pardoning the kind of violent thugs that Obama and Clinton pardoned or if he pardoned a felon who had contributed heavily to his campaign while living abroad as a fugitive from justice. What a hypocrite!
The thread title;  "Trump Pardon Spree"

spree

/sprē/

noun: spree; plural noun: sprees

definition-    a spell or sustained period of unrestrained activity of a particular kind.

Hoot's immediate and completely germane response was to point out the fact that Trump has granted fewer pardons than any president in the past 2 centuries. As usual, Cardfan changed his tack when he got pinned, which as always was again, immediate, and the spate of dodging and distortion and deceit became abundantly evident.

None of Cardfan's posts are ever based in substance. Propaganda, revisionist blather, contempt, pomposity, self-delusion and with DNC talking points aplenty, the consummate troll.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(12-24-2020, 02:15 PM):DTheRealThing Wrote: The thread title;  "Trump Pardon Spree"

spree

/sprē/

definition-    a spell or sustained period of unrestrained activity of a particular kind.

Hoot's immediate and completely germane response was to point out the fact that Trump has granted fewer pardons than any president in the past 2 centuries. As usual, Cardfan changed his tack when he got pinned, which as always was again, immediate, and the spate of dodging and distortion and deceit became abundantly evident.

None of Cardfan's posts are ever based in substance. Propaganda, revisionist blather, contempt, pomposity, self-delusion and with DNC talking points aplenty, the consummate troll.
Woah Woah

trying find where you got me there...unrestrained activity...

Trump’s pardons of his cronies. 

Nail meet head. 

Boys, I can always tell when you can’t defend Fuhrer Trump’s actions when you start worrying about grammar, word choice, and syntax.  Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Cardfan1's post:
  • Old School Hound, Van Hagar
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

"I mean, my goodness, we have tax fraud and bank fraud, witness tampering, obstruction of justice, but because they were close to the president they got pardoned," he said.

Besides Flynn, Trump has recently pardoned dozens of people, including former campaign manager Paul Manafort; Charles Kushner, father of his son-in-law Jared Kushner; and former Republican congressmen Chris Collins, Duncan Hunter, Steve Stockman and Mark Sijander. Three figures who were part of the Mueller Russia investigation — Roger Stone, Alex Van Der Zwaan and George Papadopoulos — were also pardoned.
(12-24-2020, 12:45 AM)The Outsider Wrote:

He is pardoning his cohorts to protect himself and to reward their silence and dedication to him ....... and his more controversial pardons are still to come.

I think this is very accurate.
How many did Deep State Barry pardon? And how many died at their hands is the better ? Things may get very interesting over the next couple weeks. We're going to find out how many rhinos compliment the already bought chinese dems ! I'm not sure the President has enough patriot infrastructure in place to pull off squelching the communist steal.

And was the Nashville bombing done at the hands of the anarchists - or was an insider with a conscience sending a message to shore up national infrastructure at risk by the communists? They did provide a warning. Great job by the six police officers that weren't defunded who saved dozens of lives evacuating folks...

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas ! Carry on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
(12-27-2020, 01:49 PM)Spirit100 Wrote: How many did Deep State Barry pardon? And how many died at their hands is the better ? Things may get very interesting over the next couple weeks. We're going to find out how many rhinos compliment the already bought chinese dems ! I'm not sure the President has enough patriot infrastructure in place to pull off squelching the communist steal.

And was the Nashville bombing done at the hands of the anarchists - or was an insider with a conscience sending a message to shore up national infrastructure at risk by the communists? They did provide a warning. Great job by the six police officers that weren't defunded who saved dozens of lives evacuating folks...

dang...all I needed was Hillary Pizzagate, and I had Bingo.  Big Grin

If you have been following the discussion, most of Obama’s pardons and commutations centered on unfair sentencing.  The theme of Trump’s seems to be exonerating his buddies that may have committed crimes for him. Maybe pigs will fly and Trump will use his powers to free people who have been unfairly punished the rest of the way, but I am not holding my breath. 

Info is pointing toward the Nashville bomber was attempting to stop the 5G.  One could only speculate that has something to do with the wild internet conspiracy theories associated with Qanon. 

Personally, an internet outage wouldn’t be the worst thing.  Some of those garbage floating around is absolute craziness and is going to get people hurt. 

Congress refused to include state and city assistance in the stimulus bill, so they got defunded.
(12-24-2020, 03:17 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 02:15 PM):DTheRealThing Wrote: The thread title;  "Trump Pardon Spree"

spree

/sprē/

Woah Woah

trying find where you got me there...unrestrained activity...

Trump’s pardons of his cronies. 

Nail meet head. 

Boys, I can always tell when you can’t defend Fuhrer Trump’s actions when you start worrying about grammar, word choice, and syntax.  Cool

One would not think reading comprehension would be an issue for a real time revisionist wannabe such as yourself. Or possibly that was the best you had. YOU said Trump went on a pardon spree, the numbers of which are hardly unrestrained. But if my premise seems to be in question try rereading your own thread starter. Hoot countered pointing out the fact that Trump had pardoned fewer than any President since 1900.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(12-27-2020, 02:19 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 01:49 PM)Spirit100 Wrote: How many did Deep State Barry pardon? And how many died at their hands is the better ? Things may get very interesting over the next couple weeks. We're going to find out how many rhinos compliment the already bought chinese dems ! I'm not sure the President has enough patriot infrastructure in place to pull off squelching the communist steal.

If you have been following the discussion, most of Obama’s pardons and commutations centered on unfair sentencing.  The theme of Trump’s seems to be exonerating his buddies that may have committed crimes for him. Maybe pigs will fly and Trump will use his powers to free people who have been unfairly punished the rest of the way, but I am not holding my breath. 

Info is pointing toward the Nashville bomber was attempting to stop the 5G.  One could only speculate that has something to do with the wild internet conspiracy theories associated with Qanon. 

Personally, an internet outage wouldn’t be the worst thing.  Some of those garbage floating around is absolute craziness and is going to get people hurt. 

Congress refused to include state and city assistance in the stimulus bill, so they got defunded.

I doubt you came up with that theme, that was just another example of libel coming from the left.

But the more likely theme, is Trump exonerated the innocents whom the various illegal investigations and kangaroo courts locked up resultant to the left's efforts to frame the President for an uncommitted crime.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had an extremely blessed Christmas Spirit and I hope yours was too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This was my thread starter...

“Trump walking the high wire with some of these. I’m sure his lawyers are telling him these people can be compelled to testify against him. Didn’t they...dang I forgot who his lawyers are.”

We’ve defined spree. Number is not indicated in its denotation.

Sorry. I didn’t say what you or Hooter thought I said.
If Trump went on a pardon "spree" then it looks like all modern presidents are guilty of the same, only more so. Congratulations to those who were guilty of political witch hunts who received Trump pardons and to their families.

• Franklin D. Roosevelt: 2,819 pardons
  • Harry S. Truman: 1,913 pardons
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower: 1,110 pardons
  • Woodrow Wilson: 1,087 pardons
  • Lyndon Johnson: 960 pardons
  • Richard Nixon: 863 pardons
  • Calvin Coolidge: 773 pardons
  • Herbert Hoover: 672 pardons
  • Theodore Roosevelt: 668 pardons
  • Jimmy Carter: 534 pardons
  • John F. Kennedy: 472 pardons
  • Bill Clinton: 396 pardons
  • Ronald Reagan: 393 pardons
  • William H. Taft: 383 pardons
  • Gerald Ford: 382 pardons
  • Warren Harding: 386 pardons
  • William McKinley: 291 pardons
  • Barack Obama: 212 pardons
  • George W. Bush: 189 pardons
  • George H.W. Bush: 74 pardons
(12-27-2020, 04:01 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 02:19 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

I doubt you came up with that theme, that was just another example of libel coming from the left.

But the more likely theme, is Trump exonerated the innocents whom the various illegal investigations and kangaroo courts locked up resultant to the left's efforts to frame the President for an uncommitted crime.
Denial is not just a river. 

Those dudes committed crimes.  

Law and order only for all but the people you support? 

They call that Hypocrisy.
Who’s begging for pardons tonight?

Joe exotic

Kushner

Lil Wayne

Don Jr.

Others?
(01-20-2021, 12:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Who’s begging for pardons tonight? 

Joe exotic

Kushner

Lil Wayne

Don Jr. 

Others?
If i was the Dear Leader i would start with the Patriots who attempted a coup on my behalf Jan 6th it wasn't there fault they was just following orders
(01-20-2021, 12:14 AM)vector#1 Wrote:

Joe exotic

Kushner

Lil Wayne

Don Jr. 

Others?
If i was the Dear Leader i would start with the Patriots who attempted a coup on my behalf Jan 6th it wasn't there fault they was just following orders
Can’t do that...they can testify against him.   That’s why nobody close will get one.  

Can’t believe he cleared Stone, Manafort, and Flynn for that very reason.  

CNN is reporting he was talked out of pardoning himself, children and GOP lawmakers.
WSJ confirming the pardon of Steve Bannon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-20-2021, 12:30 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Joe exotic

Kushner

Lil Wayne

Don Jr. 

Others?
Can’t do that...they can testify against him.   That’s why nobody close will get one.  

CNN is reporting he was talked out of pardoning himself, children and GOP lawmakers.
This is a nonsensical post, even for you.
(01-20-2021, 10:18 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Joe exotic

Kushner

Lil Wayne

Don Jr. 

Others?

Wouldn’t expect you to understand.  

Trump won’t need to start a network CourtTv will be all him and cronies.
(01-20-2021, 12:11 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Joe exotic

Kushner

Lil Wayne

Don Jr. 

Others?

What was the final pardon tally for President Trump? How does it compare to the Obama and Clinton pardon count?
(01-20-2021, 12:16 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:14 AM)vector#1 Wrote: If i was the Dear Leader i would start with the Patriots who attempted a coup on my behalf Jan 6th it wasn't there fault they was just following orders

What was the final pardon tally for President Trump? How does it compare to the Obama and Clinton pardon count?

oh god...this again.  Your connotation of spree is not the denotation.  

did he pardon anybody that was deserving?
(01-20-2021, 12:29 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:30 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Can’t do that...they can testify against him.   That’s why nobody close will get one.  

More nonsense. I am beginning to suspect that you are a bot coded by a very incompetent programmer whose first language is not English.
(01-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:29 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 10:18 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This is a nonsensical post, even for you.

More nonsense. I am beginning to suspect that you are a bot coded by a very incompetent programmer whose first language is not English.
Shhh...Hoot

some real leaders are on tv.