Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Anyone Think Biden May NOT be Inaugurated on Wednesday?
(01-18-2021, 02:21 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 02:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 01:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 01:03 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 10:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Anyone think the inauguration may not take place this week?  There are more National Guard troops in Washington than we have in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.  Both the Attorney General and the director of homeland security was recently fired. Even the Deputy Secretary of HS is a stand-in. He was never confirmed by the Senate. Do you have confidence in law enforcement with the absence of leadership?

What if Trump orders the National Guard and DHS to stand down? Is that inconceivable?  Will they follow the Constitution ? 

So, I ask you again, do you believe it likely or unlikely that Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. will be inaugurated at noon on January 20 ???
Most likely, Joe Biden will be sworn in as our illegitimate president on January 20.

There is a very remote possibility that Donald Trump will keep his oath of office and try to prevent that from happening. A president's first duty is to ensure national security and defend the Constitution "against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Unfortunately, although I believe that Trump won the election and he has compelling evidence that one or more foreign governments manipulated the election, I also believe that he would stand very little chance of succeeding in thwarting the installment of Biden as president.

Republican state legislatures had the constitutional authority to convene special sessions and investigate all of the election irregularities and all of them failed to do so. It is hard to blame Trump for not taking action that would almost certainly fail and land him in prison. I don't expect that Trump to go down in history as the second coming of Patrick Henry. Patrick Henry was surrounded by patriots and the patriots in Trump's corner are badly outnumbered by the traitors around him.

When Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, the Chinese Communist Party will effectively control our federal government by proxy. It will be a very sad day, not only for this country, but for Hong Kong, Taiwan, and every country that has a Pacific coastline.

If Biden is sworn in and implements the radical left agenda as he has promised to do, Republicans may not win the White House again in my lifetime. 

Sincere question, Hoot. What would you like to see happen on Wednesday? What should Trump do? What should supporters around him do?
I'm not sure what I would like to see happen, so I am just going to sit back, wait, and observe. I have never seen anything like what is going on in DC right now. 25,000 troops to secure an inauguration that Biden has requested be a largely virtual event? They are checking IDs of everybody driving in and OUT of the area.

I can say one thing for sure, all of the Democrats' moves to suppress free speech and conservatives' access to social media and threats to punish Trump and his supporters after January 20 are not making a smooth transition to a Biden administration likely. Trump supporters and most conservatives are angry at Democrats and they are angry at RINOs like McConnell for betraying Trump. I understand that the G.O.P. did a lot of fundraising with the pitch that proceeds would be used to help ensure a fair election but the funds never made it to the Trump legal team.

If Trump plans to do anything but fly AF-1 to Florida on Wednesday, he has done a really good job of keeping his plans a secret - and I think too many people would have to be involved to avoid leaks to the media. Biden does seem very frightened. He canceled a tour of the inauguration site and a rehearsal that was planned and there are reports that he has insisted that the FBI vet all of the National Guard troops that will be present to ensure that they will not be turning on him. The fence and razor wire around the area makes it look like a prison.
It must be kinda surreal to see all that, especially where you are familiar with the area.
I stay out of DC as much as possible. I can step out on my patio at night and hear traffic on the Beltway but aside from visiting my son occasionally, we stay in the suburbs. When we get together, my son usually visits us. DC is a horrible place to drive and finding a parking spot is the worst part. It is also a very dangerous city after dark and many areas are not much safer during the day.

The Metro system is pretty nice and is the best way to see the tourist attractions but panhandlers and petty theft are a problem after dark, even in parts of northern Virginia. A couple of years ago, the DC City Council decriminalized jumping the turnstiles to avoid paying fares on the Metro and the fines are not enough to make it worthwhile for police officers to arrest the thieves.

But I enjoyed walking to the Metro Station, hopping on the train, and riding the escalator straight to the office building where I worked in Arlington. Now, I drive to a military base, which is not nearly as convenient. I am lucky to to be driving away from DC in the morning because the commute toward DC in the morning is one of the worst in the country.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Anyone Think Biden May NOT be Inaugurated on Wednesday? - by Hoot Gibson - 01-18-2021, 02:53 AM