Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Anyone Think Biden May NOT be Inaugurated on Wednesday?
Anyone think the inauguration may not take place this week?  There are more National Guard troops in Washington than we have in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.  Both the Attorney General and the director of homeland security was recently fired. Even the Deputy Secretary of HS is a stand-in. He was never confirmed by the Senate. Do you have confidence in law enforcement with the absence of leadership?

What if Trump orders the National Guard and DHS to stand down? Is that inconceivable?  Will they follow the Constitution ? 

So, I ask you again, do you believe it likely or unlikely that Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. will be inaugurated at noon on January 20 ???
I like his middle name.
Big Grin

Where are the folks with the theories ?

Some folks were on some Q stuff and finding that wasn’t real.

(It was a liberal punking you.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(01-17-2021, 11:41 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I like his middle name. 
Big Grin

Liar. Nobody has been posting "Q stuff." You and your comrades are the only people who I have read mentioning QAnon theories.
Cucinelli  told 60 Minutes that it was unimaginable that troops would stand down if ordered by the President. 

A couple weeks ago, I would have found it unimaginable that some kook from Arkansas would break into Nancy Pelosi's office, prop his feet up on her desk, and steal some of her mail.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-17-2021, 11:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Big Grin

Liar. Nobody has been posting "Q stuff." You and your comrades are the only people who I have read mentioning QAnon theories.

lots of Qooter info if you crossreference some posts. 

Don’t deny now...

(01-18-2021, 12:09 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Cucinelli  told 60 Minutes that it was unimaginable that troops would stand down if ordered by the President. 

A couple weeks ago, I would have found it unimaginable that some kook from Arkansas would break into Nancy Pelosi's office, prop his feet up on her desk, and steal some of her mail.

Troops will not stand down.  

We will see Proud Boys, 3%, and any other white supremacists smashed this go around.
  • Gitback Coach
(01-18-2021, 12:22 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
Big Grin

Don’t deny now...

(01-18-2021, 12:09 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Cucinelli  told 60 Minutes that it was unimaginable that troops would stand down if ordered by the President. 

We will see Proud Boys, 3%, and any other white supremacists smashed this go around.
As I said, you are a liar and that is what makes your posts so boring, repetitive, and predictable. You do not know enough to do otherwise.
(01-18-2021, 12:38 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Big Grin

Don’t deny now...

As I said, you are a liar and that is what makes your posts so boring, repetitive, and predictable. You do not know enough to do otherwise.

which posts are lies?
  • Gitback Coach
(01-17-2021, 10:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Anyone think the inauguration may not take place this week?  There are more National Guard troops in Washington than we have in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.  Both the Attorney General and the director of homeland security was recently fired. Even the Deputy Secretary of HS is a stand-in. He was never confirmed by the Senate. Do you have confidence in law enforcement with the absence of leadership?

What if Trump orders the National Guard and DHS to stand down? Is that inconceivable?  Will they follow the Constitution ? 

So, I ask you again, do you believe it likely or unlikely that Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. will be inaugurated at noon on January 20 ???
Most likely, Joe Biden will be sworn in as our illegitimate president on January 20.

There is a very remote possibility that Donald Trump will keep his oath of office and try to prevent that from happening. A president's first duty is to ensure national security and defend the Constitution "against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Unfortunately, although I believe that Trump won the election and he has compelling evidence that one or more foreign governments manipulated the election, I also believe that he would stand very little chance of succeeding in thwarting the installment of Biden as president.

Republican state legislatures had the constitutional authority to convene special sessions and investigate all of the election irregularities and all of them failed to do so. It is hard to blame Trump for not taking action that would almost certainly fail and land him in prison. I don't expect that Trump to go down in history as the second coming of Patrick Henry. Patrick Henry was surrounded by patriots and the patriots in Trump's corner are badly outnumbered by the traitors around him.

When Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, the Chinese Communist Party will effectively control our federal government by proxy. It will be a very sad day, not only for this country, but for Hong Kong, Taiwan, and every country that has a Pacific coastline.

If Biden is sworn in and implements the radical left agenda as he has promised to do, Republicans may not win the White House again in my lifetime. 
(01-18-2021, 12:51 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
Big Grin

Don’t deny now...

which posts are lies? 
Go away, pest.
(01-18-2021, 01:03 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 10:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Anyone think the inauguration may not take place this week?  There are more National Guard troops in Washington than we have in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.  Both the Attorney General and the director of homeland security was recently fired. Even the Deputy Secretary of HS is a stand-in. He was never confirmed by the Senate. Do you have confidence in law enforcement with the absence of leadership?

Most likely, Joe Biden will be sworn in as our illegitimate president on January 20.

There is a very remote possibility that Donald Trump will keep his oath of office and try to prevent that from happening. A president's first duty is to ensure national security and defend the Constitution "against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Unfortunately, although I believe that Trump won the election and he has compelling evidence that one or more foreign governments manipulated the election, I also believe that he would stand very little chance of succeeding in thwarting the installment of Biden as president.

Republican state legislatures had the constitutional authority to convene special sessions and investigate all of the election irregularities and all of them failed to do so. It is hard to blame Trump for not taking action that would almost certainly fail and land him in prison. I don't expect that Trump to go down in history as the second coming of Patrick Henry. Patrick Henry was surrounded by patriots and the patriots in Trump's corner are badly outnumbered by the traitors around him.

When Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, the Chinese Communist Party will effectively control our federal government by proxy. It will be a very sad day, not only for this country, but for Hong Kong, Taiwan, and every country that has a Pacific coastline.

If Biden is sworn in and implements the radical left agenda as he has promised to do, Republicans may not win the White House again in my lifetime. 

Sincere question, Hoot. What would you like to see happen on Wednesday? What should Trump do? What should supporters around him do?
  • Cardfan1
(01-18-2021, 01:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 11:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Liar. Nobody has been posting "Q stuff." You and your comrades are the only people who I have read mentioning QAnon theories.

Don’t deny now...

which posts are lies? 
Go away, pest.
Come on, Qooter 

tell us where you are now.  

keep that nose clean.
(01-18-2021, 01:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Sincere question, Hoot. What would you like to see happen on Wednesday? What should Trump do? What should supporters around him do?
I'm not sure what I would like to see happen, so I am just going to sit back, wait, and observe. I have never seen anything like what is going on in DC right now. 25,000 troops to secure an inauguration that Biden has requested be a largely virtual event? They are checking IDs of everybody driving in and OUT of the area.

I can say one thing for sure, all of the Democrats' moves to suppress free speech and conservatives' access to social media and threats to punish Trump and his supporters after January 20 are not making a smooth transition to a Biden administration likely. Trump supporters and most conservatives are angry at Democrats and they are angry at RINOs like McConnell for betraying Trump. I understand that the G.O.P. did a lot of fundraising with the pitch that proceeds would be used to help ensure a fair election but the funds never made it to the Trump legal team.

If Trump plans to do anything but fly AF-1 to Florida on Wednesday, he has done a really good job of keeping his plans a secret - and I think too many people would have to be involved to avoid leaks to the media. Biden does seem very frightened. He canceled a tour of the inauguration site and a rehearsal that was planned and there are reports that he has insisted that the FBI vet all of the National Guard troops that will be present to ensure that they will not be turning on him. The fence and razor wire around the area makes it look like a prison.
(01-18-2021, 02:06 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 01:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:22 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: lots of Qooter info if you crossreference some posts. 

Don’t deny now...

which posts are lies? 
Go away, pest.
Come on, Qooter 

tell us where you are now.  

keep that nose clean.
Does your mommy know that you are still up annoying people on the internet?
(01-18-2021, 02:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I'm not sure what I would like to see happen, so I am just going to sit back, wait, and observe. I have never seen anything like what is going on in DC right now. 25,000 troops to secure an inauguration that Biden has requested be a largely virtual event? They are checking IDs of everybody driving in and OUT of the area.

I can say one thing for sure, all of the Democrats' moves to suppress free speech and conservatives' access to social media and threats to punish Trump and his supporters after January 20 are not making a smooth transition to a Biden administration likely. Trump supporters and most conservatives are angry at Democrats and they are angry at RINOs like McConnell for betraying Trump. I understand that the G.O.P. did a lot of fundraising with the pitch that proceeds would be used to help ensure a fair election but the funds never made it to the Trump legal team.

If Trump plans to do anything but fly AF-1 to Florida on Wednesday, he has done a really good job of keeping his plans a secret - and I think too many people would have to be involved to avoid leaks to the media. Biden does seem very frightened. He canceled a tour of the inauguration site and a rehearsal that was planned and there are reports that he has insisted that the FBI vet all of the National Guard troops that will be present to ensure that they will not be turning on him. The fence and razor wire around the area makes it look like a prison.
It must be kinda surreal to see all that, especially where you are familiar with the area.
(01-18-2021, 02:21 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

It must be kinda surreal to see all that, especially where you are familiar with the area.
I stay out of DC as much as possible. I can step out on my patio at night and hear traffic on the Beltway but aside from visiting my son occasionally, we stay in the suburbs. When we get together, my son usually visits us. DC is a horrible place to drive and finding a parking spot is the worst part. It is also a very dangerous city after dark and many areas are not much safer during the day.

The Metro system is pretty nice and is the best way to see the tourist attractions but panhandlers and petty theft are a problem after dark, even in parts of northern Virginia. A couple of years ago, the DC City Council decriminalized jumping the turnstiles to avoid paying fares on the Metro and the fines are not enough to make it worthwhile for police officers to arrest the thieves.

But I enjoyed walking to the Metro Station, hopping on the train, and riding the escalator straight to the office building where I worked in Arlington. Now, I drive to a military base, which is not nearly as convenient. I am lucky to to be driving away from DC in the morning because the commute toward DC in the morning is one of the worst in the country.
(01-18-2021, 02:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 02:21 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 01:03 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Most likely, Joe Biden will be sworn in as our illegitimate president on January 20.

I stay out of DC as much as possible. I can step out on my patio at night and hear traffic on the Beltway but aside from visiting my son occasionally, we stay in the suburbs. When we get together, my son usually visits us. DC is a horrible place to drive and finding a parking spot is the worst part. It is also a very dangerous city after dark and many areas are not much safer during the day.

The Metro system is pretty nice and is the best way to see the tourist attractions but panhandlers and petty theft are a problem after dark, even in parts of northern Virginia. A couple of years ago, the DC City Council decriminalized jumping the turnstiles to avoid paying fares on the Metro and the fines are not enough to make it worthwhile for police officers to arrest the thieves.

But I enjoyed walking to the Metro Station, hopping on the train, and riding the escalator straight to the office building where I worked in Arlington. Now, I drive to a military base, which is not nearly as convenient. I am lucky to to be driving away from DC in the morning because the commute toward DC in the morning is one of the worst in the country.

I can't even imagine commuting in and around DC. Just what you described raised my stress level.
I want Biden to prove me 100% wrong in who I voted for, I want him to be the greatest President the United States has ever had, I pray for nothing but prosperity for every American. Therefore as of Bidens inauguration time I will be a blank slate patriot. The new President can do some great things, but I'm afraid the obsession with TRUMP will doom this administration from the jump. Old Trumpster owns a lot of real estate in the all the democrats noggins.

One thing for certain good bad or ugly the Nations Press well assure that the regular American Joe Taxpayer is held in complete darkness. All I wants the truth, when the press refuses to even acknowledge an issue such as the Hunter B fiasco I can't help but believe he was up to no good. Report it show us what really happens, it's all we ask.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oldtiger's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(01-18-2021, 09:58 PM)Oldtiger Wrote: I want Biden to prove me 100% wrong in who I voted for, I want him to be the greatest President the United States has ever had,  I pray for nothing but prosperity for every American.  Therefore as of Bidens inauguration time I will be a blank slate patriot.  The new President can do some great things, but I'm afraid the obsession with TRUMP will doom this administration from the jump.  Old Trumpster owns a lot of real estate in the all the  democrats noggins. 

One thing for certain good bad or ugly the Nations Press well assure that the regular American Joe Taxpayer is held in complete darkness.  All I wants the truth, when the press refuses to even acknowledge an issue such as the Hunter B fiasco I can't help but believe he was up to no good.  Report it show us what really happens, it's all we ask.
As far as the Old Trumpster owning real estate in the democrats noggins i know you have it backwards
Need to look no farther then what happened on Jan. 6 2021
The Dear Leader(you call Old Trumpster) gave a pep rally based on a lie and the Flock soak it all up in there noggins and we have all seen the results of what i call brain washing(you call real estate)
Criminals normally are at the forefront of society's conversation.  Trump and minions will be no different as law and order is exacted on them for their many crimes and malfeasance over this calendar year. 

Biden is doing his best to exorcise Trump, but until justice is done and "all legal options are exhausted" Big Grin it will be hard for this country to concentrate on any of Biden's plans.  In the meantime, he can clean up some of Trump's mess (Flu, economy, vaccine, diplomacy). 

To the OP, I read a doozy this weekend posted online by some fine folks.   

Apparently, Trump and Biden are going to do the Nick Cage and John Travolta Face/Off with Biden going to jail and Trump continuing to lead the nation. 

Big Grin  Big Grin
Sadly, it's a fairly popular theory.  I read it a few places. 

Nationwide deprogramming is needed.
  • Gitback Coach
(01-18-2021, 09:58 PM)Oldtiger Wrote: I want Biden to prove me 100% wrong in who I voted for, I want him to be the greatest President the United States has ever had,  I pray for nothing but prosperity for every American.  Therefore as of Bidens inauguration timWthat the regular American Joe Taxpayer is held in complete darkness.  All I wants the truth, when the press refuses to even acknowledge an issue such as the Hunter B fiasco I can't help but believe he was up to no good.  Report it show us what really happens, it's all we ask.
Oh, I so agree!!!  When I was a kid, I used to hate the six o'clock hour when mom and dad would turn on either Walter Cronkite or the Huntley/Brinkley Report.  Now, I would LOVE to see journalists like that!!!  And this isn't a liberal/conservative thing anymore.  I don't trust ANY of the news outlets to give me facts without a liberal dose of "their" interpretation.

Just recently a story broke about the Pfizer vaccine killing a number of  people in Norway.  What wasn't reported in the initial story was that all these people were in an extended care facility, had numerous co-morbid issues and all over 85 years of age.

Like Joe Friday, all I want are the facts.

I believe I have enough sense to form my own opinion.
(01-19-2021, 01:43 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 09:58 PM)Oldtiger Wrote: I want Biden to prove me 100% wrong in who I voted for, I want him to be the greatest President the United States has ever had,  I pray for nothing but prosperity for every American.  Therefore as of Bidens inauguration timWthat the regular American Joe Taxpayer is held in complete darkness.  All I wants the truth, when the press refuses to even acknowledge an issue such as the Hunter B fiasco I can't help but believe he was up to no good.  Report it show us what really happens, it's all we ask.
Oh, I so agree!!!  When I was a kid, I used to hate the six o'clock hour when mom and dad would turn on either Walter Cronkite or the Huntley/Brinkley Report.  Now, I would LOVE to see journalists like that!!!  And this isn't a liberal/conservative thing anymore.  I don't trust ANY of the news outlets to give me facts without a liberal dose of "their" interpretation.

Just recently a story broke about the Pfizer vaccine killing a number of  people in Norway.  What wasn't reported in the initial story was that all these people were in an extended care facility, had numerous co-morbid issues and all over 85 years of age.

Did you ever get to the bottom of Obamagate or did it just die from the Trump Flu

This video basically tells everything

Just saw a story reported a few Guardsman removed from Inauguration duty due to ties with far-right groups.

I don't want to sensationalize, because that would mean 24,998 (give or take) passed some extremely intense vetting. And those folks most likely had no plans of doing anything to hamper the transfer of power to Joe Biden.

This and the some of the attackers at the Capitol tell us how deep this stuff can run. Fringe political groups left and right are violent and dangerous to our democracy. We are at a crossroads where we bring people back to common sense or keep shoving people to the sides.
(01-19-2021, 05:07 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Just saw a story reported a few Guardsman removed from Inauguration duty due to ties with far-right groups.

I don't want to sensationalize, because that would mean 24,998 (give or take) passed some extremely intense vetting.  And those folks most likely had no plans of doing anything to hamper the transfer of power to Joe Biden. 

This and the some of the attackers at the Capitol tell us how deep this stuff can run.  Fringe political groups left and right are violent and dangerous to our democracy.  We are at a crossroads where we bring people back to common sense or keep shoving people to the sides.

So true.  About six years ago, I got to thinking about these kind of groups and wondering if something like Germany and Hitler could ever rise to power here. I kinda shrugged it off as pretty unimaginable at the time. The last few years have changed my view. We all should be concerned and should never, EVER take our democracy for granted again.

(01-19-2021, 01:43 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Good post granny.   Also thank you and oldtiger for saying something that I believe wholeheartedly---  root for the guy in office to improve all of our lives. I want him/her to keep us safe, keep us healthy, make us prosperous. I have never liked Trump. I didn't like him when he was conning people as a liberal Democrat(wouldn't have voted for) and don't like him now as a pretend conservative  conning people. However, when he took office, though I was highly skeptical, I wanted to him to keep us safe, keep us healthy, and make us prosperous. In other words, I wished him success. That's what a true patriotic American does. Anyone who does not wish Joe Biden success in keeping Americans safe, well, and prosperous are psedo-patriots. They need self-reflection.
  • Cardfan1
Stop watching the national news outlets, you'll be much happier, all we East Kentuckians really need to know is if the interstate is open, did the Cats win and if we need to stock up on milk and bread for a pending snow storm. Nothing else has any effect on us American Hillbillies, what else can the politicians take or do to us that hasn't already been done, Appalachian people are irrelevant to the rest of America.

However

When the proverbial doo doo hits the fan; and it will, these ole hillbillies will still be standing strong to rebuild, we may or may not be a lot of things, but the one thing I know we are, is resilient!!!!! We'll be the last ones standing.
Virtually ALL of the efforts to suppress free speech and forcibly "reprogramming" people for having dissenting political opinions from their own is coming from liberals. Yet, these same people who would enthusiastically violate our constitutional rights have never stopped calling Trump an authoritarian and worse. We will soon have an actual authoritarian regime in the White House. Let's see how many liberals accuse Joe Biden of being a Nazi. Take a good look at the fence and troops that will be surrounding Biden tomorrow. Never has a president been inaugurated with so much security in place. F-E-A-R is not a good look for the President of the United States.

Let me be the first to state that I do not wish the new administration success, as they define that word. I sincerely hope that their efforts to create Democrat voters by granting citizenship to who knows how many people who are in this country fails miserably because of public opinion. I also hope that they fail to expand the Supreme Court beyond nine members. In addition, I hope that they fail to make Washington, DC, Puerto Rico, or any other area controlled by the United States into new states.

There is almost nothing that the Biden/Harris administration has promised to do that I can support, so wishing them success in implementing their agenda is not something that I cannot do and I do not believe that they will be sensitive enough to public opinion to pursue a more moderate agenda in response to public opinion.
Hoot,
There wouldn’t be a fence if Trump didn’t set his horde on Congress—-Republicans and Democrats.

BTW, Your tirade is very telling.
(01-19-2021, 09:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Hoot,
There wouldn’t be a fence if Trump didn’t set his horde on Congress—-Republicans and Democrats.

BTW, Your tirade is very telling.
I didn't write a tirade. You are confused. What I wrote is the truth. I could never in good conscience wish a traitor well as he assumes an office for which he is unfit. I would feel the same way if he had actually won a fair election. Let China wish Biden well. They paid for him.

There would be no fence and many fewer troops present if two cowards were not being sworn in tomorrow. They know that they won a rigged election. They will always be looking over their shoulders wondering if one of their accomplices will turn on them.

Biden should be more worried about his VP-elect that Trump supporters. Harris will throw Biden under the bus at the first opportunity. He better get those family pardons signed and sealed very soon.
(01-19-2021, 07:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Virtually ALL of the efforts to suppress free speech and forcibly "reprogramming" people for having dissenting political opinions from their own is coming from liberals. Yet, these same people who would enthusiastically violate our constitutional rights have never stopped calling Trump an authoritarian and worse. We will soon have an actual authoritarian regime in the White House. Let's see how many liberals accuse Joe Biden of being a Nazi. Take a good look at the fence and troops that will be surrounding Biden tomorrow. Never has a president been inaugurated with so much security in place. F-E-A-R is not a good look for the President of the United States.

Let me be the first to state that I do not wish the new administration success, as they define that word. I sincerely hope that their efforts to create Democrat voters by granting citizenship to who knows how many people who are in this country fails miserably because of public opinion. I also hope that they fail to expand the Supreme Court beyond nine members. In addition, I hope that they fail to make Washington, DC, Puerto Rico, or any other area controlled by the United States into new states.

There is almost nothing that the Biden/Harris administration has promised to do that I can support, so wishing them success in implementing their agenda is not something that I cannot do and I do not believe that they will be sensitive enough to public opinion to pursue a more moderate agenda in response to public opinion.
Hoot, I can understand you not wishing him to be successful in pushing a political agenda that goes counter to your beliefs. Admission of new states, Supreme Court expansion , immigration, taxes, etc.. and all policies that you want him to fail at is understandable and not unpatriotic. But surely any good American can say Mr. President, even though I may not like you or even respect you, I wish you success in bringing deaths from the pandemic to an end,  growing the economy so we all can prosper and feed our families, and keeping us safe from all enemies foreign and domestic.
  • Cardfan1
(01-19-2021, 09:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 07:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Virtually ALL of the efforts to suppress free speech and forcibly "reprogramming" people for having dissenting political opinions from their own is coming from liberals. Yet, these same people who would enthusiastically violate our constitutional rights have never stopped calling Trump an authoritarian and worse. We will soon have an actual authoritarian regime in the White House. Let's see how many liberals accuse Joe Biden of being a Nazi. Take a good look at the fence and troops that will be surrounding Biden tomorrow. Never has a president been inaugurated with so much security in place. F-E-A-R is not a good look for the President of the United States.

Hoot, I can understand you not wishing him to be successful in pushing a political agenda that goes counter to your beliefs. Admission of new states, Supreme Court expansion , immigration, taxes, etc.. and all policies that you want him to fail at is understandable and not unpatriotic. But surely any good American can say Mr. President, even though I may not like you or even respect you, I wish you success in bringing deaths from the pandemic to an end,  growing the economy so we all can prosper and feed our families, and keeping us safe from all enemies foreign and domestic.
Yes, I could say that but I was not writing a book. The pandemic will come to an end, one way or another but long term, the pandemic is much less a threat to this nation than Joe Biden and China are.
Oh boy... sour grapes

Got me some fireworks and nice bottle of Veuve for the wife and I.

Neighbors aren’t going to like it, but I haven’t enjoyed the past 1 year much less the other 3.

I can’t wait for these Chinese plants to put Middle class Americans first.