Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Anyone Think Biden May NOT be Inaugurated on Wednesday?
(01-19-2021, 05:07 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Just saw a story reported a few Guardsman removed from Inauguration duty due to ties with far-right groups.

I don't want to sensationalize, because that would mean 24,998 (give or take) passed some extremely intense vetting.  And those folks most likely had no plans of doing anything to hamper the transfer of power to Joe Biden. 

This and the some of the attackers at the Capitol tell us how deep this stuff can run.  Fringe political groups left and right are violent and dangerous to our democracy.  We are at a crossroads where we bring people back to common sense or keep shoving people to the sides.

So true.  About six years ago, I got to thinking about these kind of groups and wondering if something like Germany and Hitler could ever rise to power here. I kinda shrugged it off as pretty unimaginable at the time. The last few years have changed my view. We all should be concerned and should never, EVER take our democracy for granted again.

(01-19-2021, 01:43 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 09:58 PM)Oldtiger Wrote: I want Biden to prove me 100% wrong in who I voted for, I want him to be the greatest President the United States has ever had,  I pray for nothing but prosperity for every American.  Therefore as of Bidens inauguration timWthat the regular American Joe Taxpayer is held in complete darkness.  All I wants the truth, when the press refuses to even acknowledge an issue such as the Hunter B fiasco I can't help but believe he was up to no good.  Report it show us what really happens, it's all we ask.
Oh, I so agree!!!  When I was a kid, I used to hate the six o'clock hour when mom and dad would turn on either Walter Cronkite or the Huntley/Brinkley Report.  Now, I would LOVE to see journalists like that!!!  And this isn't a liberal/conservative thing anymore.  I don't trust ANY of the news outlets to give me facts without a liberal dose of "their" interpretation.

Just recently a story broke about the Pfizer vaccine killing a number of  people in Norway.  What wasn't reported in the initial story was that all these people were in an extended care facility, had numerous co-morbid issues and all over 85 years of age.

Like Joe Friday, all I want are the facts.

I believe I have enough sense to form my own opinion.
Good post granny.   Also thank you and oldtiger for saying something that I believe wholeheartedly---  root for the guy in office to improve all of our lives. I want him/her to keep us safe, keep us healthy, make us prosperous. I have never liked Trump. I didn't like him when he was conning people as a liberal Democrat(wouldn't have voted for) and don't like him now as a pretend conservative  conning people. However, when he took office, though I was highly skeptical, I wanted to him to keep us safe, keep us healthy, and make us prosperous. In other words, I wished him success. That's what a true patriotic American does. Anyone who does not wish Joe Biden success in keeping Americans safe, well, and prosperous are psedo-patriots. They need self-reflection.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Anyone Think Biden May NOT be Inaugurated on Wednesday? - by Old School Hound - 01-19-2021, 05:27 PM