Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Trump Be Convicted in the Senate ???
(01-25-2021, 07:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:45 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 05:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: What makes you think that Portman is a "Yes" vote. Just wishful thinking again on your part?
Well to be honest he has witnessed the insurrection first hand but so has a lot of people and now that he doesn't have to run for another term he can vote to cut the turd off 
If the IG confirm that the Turd and people in the DOJ was working on a plan to overthrow the election big trouble for the Turd
As I suspected, nothing but wishful thinking. Trump left office with a higher job approval rating that Biden had after only 2-1/2 days on the job. Republicans who hope to have a future in national politics are not going to ignore the fact that McConnell is extremely unpopular among Republicans and Trump is still popular despite being the victim of two sham impeachments. Trump is also a powerful fund raiser who already has a large campaign war chest that could be used to help allies or finance primary opponents.

Before Joe Biden is forced to turn the presidency over to Kamala Harris, I predict that he will be one of the most unpopular presidents in the history of this country. Be sure to mark that down and let's check his job approval numbers as he leaves the White House. I am looking forward to it and I don't think that we will have a long wait to see if I am right.
you must be following a Rasmussen  poll you can do better than that
The Rasmussen poll has been asking the same question using the same methodology since before Obama was elected. I'll bet you liked reading Obama's 67 percent approval rating in the days after he first took office.  Biden is less popular than Trump, despite Tump being impeached twice with no evidence of a crime and despite the mainstream media running stories about him every day that were over 90 percent negative. You just can't handle the truth! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"After Trump lost the election, Rasmussen suggested that Vice President Mike Pence should overturn the election results. Trump and his allies made contested claims of fraud in the election."
That's all i need to hear from this right wing nut poll 

Rasmussen Reports - Wikipedia
(01-25-2021, 08:04 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:45 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Well to be honest he has witnessed the insurrection first hand but so has a lot of people and now that he doesn't have to run for another term he can vote to cut the turd off 
If the IG confirm that the Turd and people in the DOJ was working on a plan to overthrow the election big trouble for the Turd
As I suspected, nothing but wishful thinking. Trump left office with a higher job approval rating that Biden had after only 2-1/2 days on the job. Republicans who hope to have a future in national politics are not going to ignore the fact that McConnell is extremely unpopular among Republicans and Trump is still popular despite being the victim of two sham impeachments. Trump is also a powerful fund raiser who already has a large campaign war chest that could be used to help allies or finance primary opponents.

Before Joe Biden is forced to turn the presidency over to Kamala Harris, I predict that he will be one of the most unpopular presidents in the history of this country. Be sure to mark that down and let's check his job approval numbers as he leaves the White House. I am looking forward to it and I don't think that we will have a long wait to see if I am right.
you must be following a Rasmussen  poll you can do better than that
The Rasmussen poll has been asking the same question using the same methodology since before Obama was elected. I'll bet you liked reading Obama's 67 percent approval rating in the days after he first took office.  Biden is less popular than Trump, despite Tump being impeached twice with no evidence of a crime and despite the mainstream media running stories about him every day that were over 90 percent negative. You just can't handle the truth! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"After Trump lost the election, Rasmussen suggested that Vice President Mike Pence should overturn the election results. Trump and his allies made contested claims of fraud in the election."
That's all i need to hear from this right wing nut poll 

Rasmussen Reports - Wikipedia
(01-25-2021, 02:04 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 11:57 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: At this point I can only see only two Senators possibly voting to convict Trump. A guilty vote IMHO would be political suicide for the member doing so. But McConnell is said to be in pretty bad health so, even though a guilty vote would finish it for him, he would be within a month of 85 if he makes it through the whole term. Romney is so far out in space nobody really cares what he does. He'll get primaried if he runs again in 2025.

I'm going to respectfully disagree again TRT. You may be right , but I think there will be quite a few more than two voting to convict. I think McConnell is the key. He's capable of bringing some votes his way if he wants to nail Trump.

I used to think I had something of an idea what makes the man tick. You take his dogged persistence of maintaining the 60 rule out of the equation, and at this point I give him and Schumer a 50/50 split. Pun intended.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More evidence against the Turd

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentag...d=msedgdhp
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-26-2021, 02:27 PM)vector#1 Wrote: More evidence against the Turd

This thread foretells another sad situation of eating crow by our resident conservatives.
(01-26-2021, 05:37 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

This thread foretells another sad situation of eating crow by our resident conservatives.

There are, unfortunately, a good number of senators who wouldn't vote to convict regardless of what evidence is revealed. No disrespect to some of our conservative friends  on here, but some of them would not vote to convict if they heard Donald say in his own voice that he meant to incite a riot in order to overturn the election results.  My mother would not vote to convict him if he had taken a gun to the Capitol and shot Pelosi and Pence. I suspect there are those on here that would be in agreement with my mother.
(01-26-2021, 07:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

There are, unfortunately, a good number of senators who wouldn't vote to convict regardless of what evidence is revealed. No disrespect to some of our conservative friends  on here, but some of them would not vote to convict if they heard Donald say in his own voice that he meant to incite a riot in order to overturn the election results.  My mother would not vote to convict him if he had taken a gun to the Capitol and shot Pelosi and Pence. I suspect there are those on here that would be in agreement with my mother.
Do you think that every Democrat in the Senate would honestly vote to convict if a Democrat had given the same speech that Trump did and was being tried? The number of honorable men and women in Congress represents a small percentage of the total, regardless of party. You probably think there are more such people who are Democrats and I believe more Republicans fit that description, but the numbers are small and they grow smaller with every election, IMO. Most of the Senators will be voting based solely on how their vote will impact their careers and that reflects very poorly on our federal government.

Others, like Mit Romney will be voting to settle personal grudges against Donald Trump, who hurt Romney's feelings by insulting his presidential campaign. Anger and hatred should never prevent an elected representative from casting ethical votes based on facts and what is in the best interests of his constituents, state, and nation.
If he gets by with it, Donald Trump has composed a method of overtaking our govt.

Of course Trump did it, so it ultimately failed like everything he does.

Let’s imagine when someone like Obama does this regardless of political party. Someone who can get all of his voters to be incensed enough to support insurrection more than the bumbling fool we just had.

Senate held a vote to toss the impeachment trial and it went just as anyone would imagine 55-45.

House managers have an opportunity to sway 12 that’s about as good of a chance as they could ask for.

BUT that doesn’t bode week for Trump and other minions when it comes to the 14th Amendment.

Bye bye Ted, Hawley, and other seditionists.
You’re never gonna be president now! :D
(01-26-2021, 07:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Do you think that every Democrat in the Senate would honestly vote to convict if a Democrat had given the same speech that Trump did and was being tried? The number of honorable men and women in Congress represents a small percentage of the total, regardless of party. You probably think there are more such people who are Democrats and I believe more Republicans fit that description, but the numbers are small and they grow smaller with every election, IMO. Most of the Senators will be voting based solely on how their vote will impact their careers and that reflects very poorly on our federal government.

Others, like Mit Romney will be voting to settle personal grudges against Donald Trump, who hurt Romney's feelings by insulting his presidential campaign. Anger and hatred should never prevent an elected representative from casting ethical votes based on facts and what is in the best interests of his constituents, state, and nation.
After 245 years we have never had a president like the Turd one lie after another
I hope we never have another one like the Turd there's nothing to compare him too in this country i believe he would of done the same thing in 2016 if he lost the election
(01-26-2021, 08:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: If he gets by with it, Donald Trump has composed  a method of overtaking our govt.

Of course Trump did it, so it ultimately failed like everything he does.

Let’s imagine when someone like Obama does this regardless of political party. Someone who can get all of his voters to be incensed enough to support insurrection more than the bumbling fool we just had.

Senate held a vote to toss the impeachment trial and it went just as anyone would imagine 55-45. 

House managers have an opportunity to sway 12 that’s about as good of a chance as they could ask for.

BUT that doesn’t bode week for Trump and other minions when it comes to the 14th Amendment. 

Bye bye Ted, Hawley, and other seditionists.
You’re never gonna be president now! Big Grin
LOL House managers couldn't sway anyone to come out of a burning building they have such little credibility.
(01-26-2021, 08:45 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 07:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

After 245 years we have never had a president like the Turd one lie after another
I hope we never have another one like the Turd there's nothing to compare him too in this country i believe he would of done the same thing in 2016 if he lost the election
You voted for a traitor. How many traitors do you think that this nation will survive serving in the White House? In fact, Democrats had a traitor carrying the Articles of Impeachment to the U.S. Senate. Sleeping with a Chinese honeypot spy is not a disqualifier for government service if you are a Democrat.

What you say may be true, but the other side of the coin is way worse. The fact is, there is no evidence whatsoever. Just another political stunt by Dems and they are going to look like idiots (again) in the trial.
After the vote that was taken yesterday, without hearing the evidence, it appears that that a trial would pretty much be a waste of time .
(01-27-2021, 11:52 AM)The Outsider Wrote: After the vote that was taken yesterday, without hearing the evidence, it appears that that a trial would pretty much be a waste of time .

You know, you're right, it would be. But not because this is a prima facie affair that the Republicans have colluded with each other to ignore for political reasons. What happened is self evident, and there is such a thing as judging for one's self what is fact and what is fiction. I really do not need some media goof to explain to me what I saw.

I listened to the speech along with so many millions of others. No way did Trump incite insurrection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
An unconstitutional impeachment trial of former president who has already left office would be a colossal waste of time. It is a pretty safe bet that no more than five Republicans will vote for conviction because it would be tough to explain voting for a conviction in what one believes is an illegal trial. With the possible exception of Susan Collins, there is no political upside for a Republican voting to convict.
If the Republican Senators don't have the backbone i believe the voters

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...d=msedgdhp
(01-27-2021, 03:48 PM)vector#1 Wrote: If the Republican Senators don't have the backbone i believe the voters

You have to be the most gullible poster in this forum. A very large number of Republicans have changed their registration to support former President Trump. They are encouraging Trump to found a new party but Trump is apparently going to be working to reform the Republican Party instead.

It's bad enough that the left wing media would assume that most Republicans changing their registration are doing so because of the Capitol riot. The fact that people like you believe and spread such lies is pathetic.
(01-27-2021, 04:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 03:48 PM)vector#1 Wrote: If the Republican Senators don't have the backbone i believe the voters

You have to be the most gullible poster in this forum. A very large number of Republicans have changed their registration to support former President Trump. They are encouraging Trump to found a new party but Trump is apparently going to be working to reform the Republican Party instead.

It's bad enough that the left wing media would assume that most Republicans changing their registration are doing so because of the Capitol riot. The fact that people like you believe and spread such lies is pathetic.

the dude who is trailing the lies Trump, Wood, Rudy, and Powell told is calling someone gullible Big Grin 

Hooter, if Republicans can’t enforce the law and punish the leaders of an insurrection then unity should be over. This should be 4 miserable years for Republicans.  Pack the court, add two states, universal healthcare, and whatever the hell drives conservatives nuts.
(01-27-2021, 07:49 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

the dude who is trailing the lies Trump, Wood, Rudy, and Powell told is calling someone gullible Big Grin 

Hooter, if Republicans can’t enforce the law and punish the leaders of an insurrection then unity should be over. This should be 4 miserable years for Republicans.  Pack the court, add two states, universal healthcare, and whatever the hell drives conservatives nuts.
It will be four miserable years for every American. Elections have consequences. Rigged elections have even worse consequences. For people who have no desire to work, you probably won't notice the difference.
(01-27-2021, 08:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

It will be four miserable years for every American. Elections have consequences. Rigged elections have even worse consequences. For people who have no desire to work, you probably won't notice the difference.

gonna be great. 
A govt building and caring for its citizens and the future not the wealthy. 

no more trumpty dump and his minions lying to Americans about false election fraud. Fingers crossed we will some of these crooks in jail or destitute for their defamation.
(01-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

gonna be great. 

no more trumpty dump and his minions lying to Americans about false election fraud. Fingers crossed we will some of these crooks in jail or destitute for their defamation.
Tell Quooter and TRT there Dear Leader has a couple job offers he looking for someone to represent him they would make a great choice
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-31-2021, 02:00 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 04:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You have to be the most gullible poster in this forum. A very large number of Republicans have changed their registration to support former President Trump. They are encouraging Trump to found a new party but Trump is apparently going to be working to reform the Republican Party instead.

gonna be great. 

Tell Quooter and TRT there Dear Leader has a couple job offers he looking for someone to represent him they would make a great choice
Propagandist.
This must one of Q’s vocabulary words this week.

Big Grin
(02-01-2021, 03:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: This must one of Q’s vocabulary words this week.

Big Grin
Conspiracy nut.