Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 48 Estill County 47
Powell wins it with a put back with 4.2 seconds left.
watched the game online don't understand estill thinking at end of game why not throw it long instead of inbounding under powell goal amd not wanting to run it up the court. Dumb call by estill staff
(01-22-2021, 11:10 PM)Hammerin' Hank Wrote: watched the game online don't understand estill thinking at end of game why not throw it long instead of inbounding under powell goal amd not wanting to run it up the court. Dumb call by estill staff
agreed, had two timeouts and that’s what was drawn up?
Will Powell ever make a change at Head Coach? Jones slows his teams down to a Crawl and allows teams to hang around late which leads to games being closer than they should be. He hasn’t won the region coaching at one of the bigger schools in the region for 20+ years. The Powell County boys change coaches every 3-4 years if they don’t win but Jones never gets put on the hot seat. Powell should dominate the 56th district 7 out of 10 years and that’s just not the case.
(01-23-2021, 09:55 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Will Powell ever make a change at Head Coach? Jones slows his teams down to a Crawl and allows teams to hang around late which leads to games being closer than they should be. He hasn’t won the region coaching at one of the bigger schools in the region for 20+ years. The Powell County boys change coaches every 3-4 years if they don’t win but Jones never gets put on the hot seat. Powell should dominate the 56th district 7 out of 10 years and that’s just not the case.
you’d be surprised how many of the players aren’t very fond of Jones. i agree he needs to be on the hot seat and should’ve been a long time ago. his granddaughter graduates this year though and i believe he will retire afterwards. he coached her in volleyball so i believe that’s why he has stuck around the last few years
Congratulations to the Lady Pirates for their district win, and to the Lady Engineers for their valiant effort!