Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Russell 2021
Aug. 7th Scrimmage  Bourbon County & Paintsville at Bourbon County 6:00 pm
Aug. 14th Scrimmage-  West Jessimine -H 7:00 pm.
Aug. 20th. Boone County- A 8:00 pm
Aug. 28th.Raceland- H 7:30 pm- Hall of fame night
Sept. 3rd- Fleming County- H 7:30 pm JFL night
Sept. 10th Lawrence County- A 7:30 pm
Sept. 17th Montgomery County- H 7:30 pm- Homecoming
Sept. 24th Paul Laurence Dunbar- A 7:30 pm
Oct. 1st Open
Oct. 8th Greenup County- A 7:30 pm
Oct. 15th Ashland- H 7:30 pm
Oct. 22nd East Carter - A 7:30 pm
Oct. 29th. West Carter- H 7:30- Senior Night
How many starters are returning for the Devils?
Wheelersburg (OH) is showing a 9/3 game vs Russell

https://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/6057797
(01-25-2021, 06:41 PM)EagleFan89 Wrote: Wheelersburg (OH) is showing a 9/3 game vs Russell

https://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/6057797

The Schedule I posted came from TJ Maynard's twitter it shows Fleming County on 9/3 at Russell and a return trip to Fleming County in 22.
Something must have changed from the original schedule TJ Maynard post on his twitter on 1/8/21 until now. Reddevilsfball the official twitter for Russell football just posted the Wheelersburg game with the rest of the schedule. The schedule is the same that I posted with @Wheelersburg on 9/3 instead of Fleming County at home.
(01-29-2021, 03:08 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Something must have changed  from the original schedule TJ Maynard post on his twitter on 1/8/21 until now. Reddevilsfball the official twitter for Russell football just posted the Wheelersburg game with the rest of the schedule. The schedule is the same that I posted with @Wheelersburg on 9/3 instead of Fleming County at home.

I see Russell going 9-1 or 8-2. Depending on Ashland and Belfry, I believe we see the Red Devils carry TJ to his first State Championship.
(02-21-2021, 07:08 AM)Oleballcoach Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 03:08 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Something must have changed  from the original schedule TJ Maynard post on his twitter on 1/8/21 until now. Reddevilsfball the official twitter for Russell football just posted the Wheelersburg game with the rest of the schedule. The schedule is the same that I posted with @Wheelersburg on 9/3 instead of Fleming County at home.

I see Russell going 9-1 or 8-2. Depending on Ashland and Belfry, I believe we see the Red Devils carry TJ to his first State Championship.

Russell will be starting a new qb and lose their main running back. I'm not ready to say Russell will even make it to the district championship game.
Oleballcoach Wrote:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Something must have changed  from the original schedule TJ Maynard post on his twitter on 1/8/21 until now. Reddevilsfball the official twitter for Russell football just posted the Wheelersburg game with the rest of the schedule. The schedule is the same that I posted with @Wheelersburg on 9/3 instead of Fleming County at home.

Russell loses quite a bit....especially the Conley kid.  He'll be difficult to replace.  However....IMO, Belfry won't stand in anyone's way on the road to a championship.   Belfry is in full rebuild mode.  OL, QB, backfield, LB"S, DE's.    Not saying there isn't talent on the roster....because there is....but.....   Not a tremendous amount of experience and with Covid still in the picture....I can see this being a mid 1990's Belfry team.   competitive in some games.....and blown out in others.   gonna take a season or two...before they find their groove again.   By that time...could Belfry be 2A???  possible
(02-21-2021, 06:13 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Oleballcoach Wrote:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Something must have changed  from the original schedule TJ Maynard post on his twitter on 1/8/21 until now. Reddevilsfball the official twitter for Russell football just posted the Wheelersburg game with the rest of the schedule. The schedule is the same that I posted with @Wheelersburg on 9/3 instead of Fleming County at home.

Russell loses quite a bit....especially the Conley kid.  He'll be difficult to replace.  However....IMO, Belfry won't stand in anyone's way on the road to a championship.   Belfry is in full rebuild mode.  OL, QB, backfield, LB"S, DE's.    Not saying there isn't talent on the roster....because there is....but.....   Not a tremendous amount of experience and with Covid still in the picture....I can see this being a mid 1990's Belfry team.   competitive in some games.....and blown out in others.   gonna take a season or two...before they find their groove again.   By that time...could Belfry be 2A???  possible

I think Russell is going to be fine, they have a couple of strong running backs one is going to be a sophomore I forget his name. 

I think passing game wise if they go to a short game and play action they’ll be just fine.
Oleballcoach you must be talking Andre Richardson-Crews. He definitely showed some promise as a Frosh in varsity action.
Russell will be loaded at the skill positions if they get a line to jell they will be very good.
(02-22-2021, 11:14 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Oleballcoach you must be talking Andre Richardson-Crews.  He definitely showed some promise as a Frosh in varsity action.

Yes sir, he is the real deal.
Bradley Rose the replacement at qb for the graduated Charlie Jachimczuk looks to be solid.
The injury bug has already hit Russell before the season starts. Ethan Oborne out for year per TJ.
Russell at Lawrence County has been moved to Thursday Sept. 9th at 7:30 pm.
(08-12-2021, 11:09 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: The injury bug has already hit Russell before the season starts. Ethan Oborne out for year per TJ.
Add Matthew Haggard out for year.
I know we mentioned Ethan Oborne out for season per TJ but if you look at the Ashland Daily Independent Preview for Russell TJ is talking about Ethan Oborne stepping in and replacing Conley this year. I don't know when the Russell Preview was completed with TJ but the date is August 20th for the date of the Russell Preview. TJ talks a few times about Ethan and Doug Oborne in the Russell Preview Article that came out today. The new QB for Russell Rose was impressive in Junior Varsity at QB and with his size he should do just fine both at the pass and the run. Another big plus for Russell is having Scott Grizzle assistant coach on the offense side of the ball and working with QB's. Grizzle was the head coach at Greenup County from 2016-2019 and those 4 years Grizzle brought along Eli Sammons at QB and he was one of the best QB in the area during those 4 years. Grizzle will help QB Rose this year and the other QB's coming in at Russell. We talk so much about Belfry, Ashland, and now Russell on how much each team loses but these 3 teams always manages to restock on both offense and defense each year. These 3 teams by end of the season will be ready to play and make noise in the Playoffs.
(08-20-2021, 12:36 PM)david_5164 Wrote: I know we mentioned Ethan Oborne out for season per TJ but if you look at the Ashland Daily Independent Preview for Russell TJ is talking about Ethan Oborne stepping in and replacing Conley this year. I don't know when the Russell Preview was completed with TJ but the date is August 20th for the date of the Russell Preview. TJ talks a few times about Ethan and Doug Oborne in the Russell Preview Article that came out today. The new QB for Russell Rose was impressive in Junior Varsity at QB and with his size he should do just fine both at the pass and the run. Another big plus for Russell is having Scott Grizzle assistant coach on the offense side of the ball and working with QB's. Grizzle was the head coach at Greenup County from 2016-2019 and those 4 years Grizzle brought along Eli Sammons at QB and he was one of the best QB in the area during those 4 years. Grizzle will help QB Rose this year and the other QB's coming in at Russell. We talk so much about Belfry, Ashland, and now Russell on how much each team loses but these 3 teams always manages to restock on both offense and defense each year. These 3 teams by end of the season will be ready to play and make noise in the Playoffs.

They Don’t just write those previews the same day they release. They are written ahead of time to prepare so they can get it ready for publishing. I heard  it from from TJ’s own mouth
about both kids being out.
I knew they didn't write the Preview the same day about Russell. That is why I was asking and was wondering if the injury had happened recently? I wasn't questioning that you didn't know and didn't know you spoke to him personally. Sorry about that.
(08-21-2021, 02:27 PM)david_5164 Wrote: I knew they didn't write the Preview the same day about Russell. That is why I was asking and was wondering if the injury had happened recently? I wasn't questioning that you didn't know and didn't know you spoke to him personally. Sorry about that.

I didn’t speak to TJ personally just stuff I hear in interviews he gives to mytowntv and wlgc etc.