Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski 55 Belfry 13
Pulaski put it on Belfry great win
Way to go Maroons!
Ouch...

Tough loss for the Pirates.
Did Pulaski key on the quarterback and shut the run game down?
Belfry had several turnovers in bad spots and Pulaski made them pay.And Belfry Only had 36 players,i dont know when there was only 36 to show up for game with Belfry..
WOW! It may be a long season for the Pirates.
(08-20-2021, 11:48 PM)cuppett777 Wrote: Belfry had several turnovers in bad spots and Pulaski made them pay.And Belfry Only had 36 players,i dont know when there was only 36 to show up for game with Belfry..
Huge population decline. Huge senior class departure. Transfer departures. Small incoming freshman class this year. 

18-21 freshman coming in next year and the following year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • cuppett777
I knew Belfry would be down but wow.
Look at the Pirates schedule they could easily go 0-5 and will be underdogs in all those games.
Belfry defense needs to find that guy that’s a head hunter. Everyone sitting back, laying on blocks and no one getting to the ball. Arm tackling and waiting on someone else to make a play.
Offensively QB situation is all wrong in my eyes. Find a QB that can make good decisions and let FB’s pound the middle and Dixon and Hatfield share the load. Any Belfry fan knows it all starts up front. (The true pirate legends).
Dixon at QB adds pressure to make reads especially under center. Takes the ball out of his hands in big play situations more than usual. Defenses focus on one player and rightfully so. If Belfry is going with this style, then put Dixon in shotgun with two good backs on each side and let them get downhill finding holes.
Congratulations to Pulaski Co. they flat out smashed Belfry in the mouth and took them to the wood shed. Better athletes in the silver and maroon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VELVET CLOSER's post:
  • BoondockSaint
Well looks like the Man amoung boys couldnt handle the boys from Pulaski County. 1 guy cant do it all.
Has there been any thought of putting Rudy Blackwell at running back? I remember him running the ball in middle school. He was impressive then but not sure what happened. I know he got injured not too long ago but Dixon definitely needs some help back there. Can't have all 11 guys on D key on him every play and expect that to work.
Congratulations Pulaski.
Someone in attendance please give us the details how it got this ugly. What needs to change going forward? Something better change quick or next Friday could get ugly in a hurry. I think if Dixon is gonna be qb it needs to be out of shotgun. At least 75% of the snaps. Maybe move him around as well. When I looked at the schedule I thought the Pulaski was the one non district we were most likely to win so that's scary to think about what the next 4 games could be if Belfry doesn't improve.
Surely someone else can play quarterback. It just doesn’t make sense to me. And it also does not help him one bit to get ready for the next level. Kinda blows my mind.
I went back and watched 3 quarters of the game and Belfry's offense with Dixon at QB really wasn't as bad as some are acting like. Belfry just doesn't have anyone with near the talent that Dixon has to compliment him. #7 and #5 are good, but they don't run like Dixon. The biggest problems with the offense are fixable. Whenever you take a career RB and put him under center, you're going to have some exchange issues. They fumbled 2-3 snaps last night that Pulaski recovered. Dixon also fumbled a kickoff return that Pulaski recovered. Just very sloppy football from Belfry and the Maroons made them pay.

Pulaski has a good team. Very little mistakes and that offense they run comes at you fast. They spread the ball around to a lot of different guys and they all have really good hands. Belfry did miss a lot of tackles, but again, that stuff is fixable.

Problem is, Belfry's schedule isn't getting easier. So the Pirates may have more losses this year than many are used to, but come playoff time, if this team is healthy, they're still a threat to win class AAA.

Congrats Pulaski!
All time winningest coach in state history. 7 State Championships. No one else on here is more qualified to put players in positions to make team its best. Not one State Championship was ever won in August
[-] The following 3 users Like Truewords's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BoondockSaint, Slic Ric
(08-20-2021, 11:48 PM)cuppett777 Wrote: Belfry had several turnovers in bad spots and Pulaski made them pay.And Belfry Only had 36 players,i dont know when there was only 36 to show up for game with Belfry..
My team only has that many players as a 5A school. sad story. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • cuppett777
Everyone is talking about the QB situation and the offense having problems ummmm there was 55 points given up. I believe I would worry about that side of the ball a little more if I was a Belfry fan. JS
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • BoondockSaint, cuppett777
Didn't see the game....but from what I've been told.....Belfry had several starting O-Lineman out with various injuries. That being said.....the Pirates took a butt kicking...plain and simple. Gonna be interesting too see how Haywood and Staff develop this team moving forward. After this tail kicking, the good news is you can only go up. Can't get any lower.
[-] The following 2 users Like OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • #55PirateFan, cuppett777
(08-21-2021, 09:57 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Everyone is talking about the QB situation and the offense having problems ummmm there was 55 points given up. I believe I would worry about that side of the ball a little more if I was a Belfry fan. JS
I agree. Was able to watch game on WYMT. Belfry as always has a very weak pass defense. Been this way for many years. They struggled with getting pressure on QB. #22 got after him some and forced movement but almost always had someone open down field. Pass coverage and called coverage need vast improvement for run in playoffs