Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Kentucky Leaving OVC for the Atlantic Sun
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/eku...onference/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Both colleges that I graduated from will be conference foes. EKU and Bellarmine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They are starting football in this conference in the fall, so I’m assuming EKU’s football program will be transitioning over to D1. Liberty is in this conference as well.
(01-25-2021, 07:26 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: They are starting football in this conference in the fall, so I’m assuming EKU’s football program will be transitioning over to D1. Liberty is in this conference as well.

Will all the schools have a football? I know Bellarmine does not have football. Nowhere on or near campus to build an adequate football stadium. Unless they play at Old Cardinal Stadium if it has not been torn down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From what I understand, not all schools in the conference will be playing football. And Liberty, for instance, which is in the Atlantic Sun in all other sports, may still be allowed to play as an independent in football. Some of the schools in the conference that will be playing football appear to be Central Arkansas, Kennesaw St., EKU, Jacksonville St. (apparently they are leaving OVC also), and one or two more. But I'm still not sure if EKU will be considered D1 in football next year,
This is bitter sweet news. I loved EKU's history in the Ohio Valley Conference , but it was time for EKU to leave.
It worked out great for Western, I really hope it does the same for EKU.