Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Commodores 2021
The Dores lost a lot of Seniors from this years squad.  What do they have coming back?  Can they win the district?
(01-26-2021, 01:45 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: The Dores lost a lot of Seniors from this years squad.  What do they have coming back?  Can they win the district?

Only way they win the district is if Johnson Central quits playing football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • MaroonPancakes
JC can be beat. Remember Franklin County? JC lost a lot. Maybe Perry, Letcher and Harlan County can close the gap. Replacing Dylan Preston wont be easy.
Perry Central can win their district.... just not the same district that JC is in.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Perry, Letcher, and Harlan are still a year away from competing for that district. JC lost Preston, Russell, Willis, Price, Wright, and Holbrook that played big roles last year. Preston, Willis, and Russell will be hard the replace on the offense while Price will be a bigger hit on D. JC has kids ready to step up and take over.

Now 2022 may be the year that district could be up for grabs. JC will lose almost their entire line(4 I think), QB, 2 linebackers, both corners, both defensive ends and I’m sure I’m missing a couple more.
I guess JC should just reclassify and play 6A. Seems like they are wasting their time in 4A. All the teams in the district should just crown them the 1 seed without playing them in the regular season. Maybe the Bengals or Marshall can play them. Im glad JC is good but shiiiiiit they run it every dang time. Seems like someone could come up with something to at least give them a decent game. JC is hometown boys to. Not like Belfry. I know it sounds like Im cutting at JC but if I didnt think I could beat them, then hell I guess Id quit playing football. Tired of hearing that oh god we play JC crap. Get better or quit.
(01-28-2021, 01:07 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: JC can be beat.  Remember Franklin County?  JC lost a lot.  Maybe Perry, Letcher and Harlan County can close the gap.  Replacing Dylan Preston wont be easy.

Please never put Perry in the same sentence as Franklin County. Mason Lawson will step in and carry the load.
(01-28-2021, 02:23 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 01:07 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: JC can be beat.  Remember Franklin County?  JC lost a lot.  Maybe Perry, Letcher and Harlan County can close the gap.  Replacing Dylan Preston wont be easy.

Please never put Perry in the same sentence as Franklin County. Mason Lawson will step in and carry the load.

Was wondering when someone would bring this up, yes JC is beatable but they’re not just going away. They have a very good feeder system in place and talent is coming up in the program consistently. Hard to tell from year to year, especially with big classes graduating but I’d never count JC out of the race for the district, region, or state titles.
I think people gave Hazard just about as much chance against Pikeville last year.

Everyone knows what JC brings to the table. JC fans better be glad their kids and coaching staff aren't as complacent as their fanbase.
(01-28-2021, 01:13 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Perry Central can win their district.... just not the same district that JC is in.

I remember when Perry beat Johnson Central in 2011 and you had a total meltdown. You are SO arrogant and unlikable it's really amazing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes barkgoesthecat's post:
  • Pulp Fiction
(01-29-2021, 10:18 AM)barkgoesthecat Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 01:13 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Perry Central can win their district.... just not the same district that JC is in.

I remember when Perry beat Johnson Central in 2011 and you had a total meltdown. You are SO arrogant and unlikable it's really amazing.

I had a meltdown too, just looked a little different lol
I hope PCC and all the other teams in the district improve to a level they are competing for the district title. All teams are beatable, but it is also fair to say JC is on a different level right now. Since the re-alignment they are 12-0 in district play with a combine score of 611-65. Only once has a district foe scored more than one TD on them(PCC in a 75-24 loss). There is no doubt that Perry County has the athletes to get it done though. They also have a first class facility. They have proven it in the past. IMO high school football is 90% coaching. Best of luck to the commodores.
(01-26-2021, 01:45 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: The Dores lost a lot of Seniors from this years squad.  What do they have coming back?  Can they win the district?

No. They cant.