Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden Executive Order Shutting Down Keystone
(01-29-2021, 01:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 12:29 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 11:56 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Ok, so like always there is so much to clean up in this thread. You all bounce from topic to topic in each thread. So lets go to the unions. Hoot and TRT how does right to work strengthen unions?

So dealing with jobs, Biden's idea with producing cars with lithium batteries (just an idea that is point, but was on his platform, think of it was Trump Building a wall, therefore, I personally do not put stock into it, but none the less it is his platform). This idea is suppossed to have the effect of 1 million new jobs).

In the idea of government spending to prop up companies, the defense department probably would like to weigh in on this topic.

In the idea of government leading scientific research, I give you NASA.

In the pipeline, is it not true the pipeline would cut across the heartland of the US where the food supply is mostly grown. If there was a leak in that area what does it do to the US?
It doesn't matter what you can say if the Dear Leader gives it the OK then TRT and Quooter will kiss the ring

They are not in there right minds
I see that you once again have nothing to contribute to the thread except for insults. At least you are consistent.
Has there been 1 time you and TRT disagree with the Dear Leader i am waiting in suspense
(01-29-2021, 11:56 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Ok, so like always there is so much to clean up in this thread. You all bounce from topic to topic in each thread. So lets go to the unions. Hoot and TRT how does right to work strengthen unions?

So dealing with jobs, Biden's idea with producing cars with lithium batteries (just an idea that is point, but was on his platform, think of it was Trump Building a wall, therefore, I personally do not put stock into it, but none the less it is his platform). This idea is suppossed to have the effect of 1 million new jobs).

In the idea of government spending to prop up companies, the defense department probably would like to weigh in on this topic.

In the pipeline, is it not true the pipeline would cut across the heartland of the US where the food supply is mostly grown. If there was a leak in that area what does it do to the US?
The right to work strengthens individuals, not unions. It is the responsibility of unions to sell individuals on the value of union membership, not the government's.

Australia, Chile, and China dominate the world's production of lithium. The U.S. ranks no better than 8th. China (including Hong Kong) also leads the world in the production of lithium-ion batteries. Biden seems determined to do everything in his power to strengthen China's position in the world, both economically and militarily.

China will increase its manufacturing capacity and increase its use energy produced from fossil fuels so that the U.S. government can subsidize the use of more expensive non-fossil fuel energy sources. The net result will be higher CO2 emissions and a less competitive U.S. manufacturing sector.

The Constitution requires that the federal government provide for the security and defense of the nation. Using a competitive bidding process among private companies is more efficient than the government owning manufacturing plants. Subsidizing companies to avoid being solely dependent on foreign companies during war time makes sense. Subsidizing companies for political reasons is nonsense.

Space travel and launching private satellites into orbit became cost effective only after opening the market to private enterprise and competition. NASA is not as great of an example as you seem to believe. Sometimes government needs to do basic research where there is no profit motive for the private sector, but such expenditures often result in zero return on the investment. In most cases, the greatest innovation in technology has been the result of private individuals and companies recognizing potential market appeal of a product, manufacturing it, and then selling it.

It is unlikely that a pipeline leak would be any more damaging to the environment than one of Warren Buffet's trains hauling petroleum wrecking. Buffet donates large sums of money to Democrat campaigns in exchange for political decisions that are contrary to the public interest, such as the one that Biden made regarding the pipeline. The people who will lose their jobs are just out of luck because they could not muster a better bid for Biden's services.
(01-29-2021, 01:26 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

It doesn't matter what you can say if the Dear Leader gives it the OK then TRT and Quooter will kiss the ring

I see that you once again have nothing to contribute to the thread except for insults. At least you are consistent.
Has there been 1 time you and TRT disagree with the Dear Leader i am waiting in suspense
Please hold your breath while you are waiting because I have detailed my disagreements with Donald Trump many times. I will not repost them for your benefit because you contribute nothing in return for the knowledge that I dump on you at regular intervals.
(01-29-2021, 01:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Please hold your breath while you are waiting because I have detailed my disagreements with Donald Trump many times. I will not repost them for your benefit because you contribute nothing in return for the knowledge that I dump on you at regular intervals.
So by your silence you are just fine and dandy with everything your Dear Leader has that's what i thought
(01-29-2021, 02:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 01:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 12:29 PM)vector#1 Wrote: It doesn't matter what you can say if the Dear Leader gives it the OK then TRT and Quooter will kiss the ring

So by your silence you are just fine and dandy with everything your Dear Leader has that's what i thought
Lean to search. You have been here long enough to have remembered by many posts in which I have criticized Donald Trump. Most of my criticism came when he was running in 2016 but I have criticized him on occasion since. How can anybody who goose steps religiously with the Democrats' marching orders criticize anybody else for supporting a politician? I would say it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, but it is more like a burnt, sooty pot calling the shiny stainless steel skillet black. You are the poster boy of sycophants.

LOL, so like always the guy who couldn't clean up his own litter box thinks he/she can decide what my own thread is about. How do 40 executive orders which will result initially in the permanent layoff of 120 thousand jobs in the energy industry strengthen unions tivtime? And for the nth time, WHAT will America replace fossil fuels with? The nenewable energy field supplies 3% of all US energy consumption. Surely a teacher, inventor, renewable energy whiz like yourself could enlighten us.

The rest of your post is just too shallow and ill thought out to merit response.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let's at least be honest enough to admit a few things there vector. In my mind and many others in this land, Trump has been a very good president and I was a strong supporter. I disagree with DJT and Lou Dobbs about bringing the troops home, because I believe a strong US military presence across the globe is essential for national defense. And you can believe even though Rachel hasn't told you to, that China agrees with me. They've got a troop presence to our south in northern Venezuela, and they control the Panama Canal Zone for crying out loud, and there is more. Frankly, I believe the vast majority of folks to include DJT in some areas, have underestimated the socio/economic/military threat America faces from her enemies. But at the head of the list of threats IMHO, is globalism, and Trump had his ducks in a row in that regard.

Additionally, I think it is reprehensible the way the federal government treats retired people who were self sufficient their whole working lives, while they (govt) just hand stuff out to people in the prime of their life because they darn well think they're too good to work. I sent him a letter about that directly criticizing his lack of concern to that end.

Trump owned government sponsored health care, complete with pre-existing conditions. That law forces people like myself to pay for the care of people who game the system for the needs of everything in this life, and for nothing ventured at all on their part. All of which places tremendous and immoral financial strain on the elderly. These folks deserve a little ease in their last years. Not have to choose between their own healthcare and food, or their own healthcare and keeping a roof over their heads. I could go on, but I know for a fact I have been very clear about all of these things on this forum for the past decade. Feel free to look it up.

Now let's get to you there vector. If you ever had an original thought, you didn't post it on this forum. I have little respect for an opinion that I know comes to a person via lunchroom hot air.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-30-2021, 05:54 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Let's at least be honest enough to admit a few things there vector. In my mind and many others in this land, Trump has been a very good president and I was a strong supporter. I disagree with DJT and Lou Dobbs about bringing the troops home, because I believe a strong US military presence across the globe is essential for national defense. And you can believe even though Rachel hasn't told you to, that China agrees with me. They've got a troop presence to our south in northern Venezuela, and they control the Panama Canal Zone for crying out loud, and there is more. Frankly, I believe the vast majority of folks to include DJT in some areas, have underestimated the socio/economic/military threat America faces from her enemies. But at the head of the list of threats IMHO, is globalism, and Trump had his ducks in a row in that regard.

Additionally, I think it is reprehensible the way the federal government treats retired people who were self sufficient their whole working lives, while they (govt) just hand stuff out to people in the prime of their life because they darn well think they're too good to work. I sent him a letter about that directly criticizing his lack of concern to that end.

Trump owned government sponsored health care, complete with pre-existing conditions. That law forces people like myself to pay for the care of people who game the system for the needs of everything in this life, and for nothing ventured at all on their part. All of which places tremendous and immoral financial strain on the elderly. These folks deserve a little ease in their last years. Not have to choose between their own healthcare and food, or their own healthcare and keeping a roof over their heads. I could go on, but I know for a fact I have been very clear about all of these things on this forum for the past decade. Feel free to look it up.

Now let's get to you there vector. If you ever had an original thought, you didn't post it on this forum. I have little respect for an opinion that I know comes to a person via lunchroom hot air.
I also think Russia and Iran also have a big hand in Venezuela all this happened under your Dear Leader's Watch while you and Quooter sit by and cheered him on for being the best president in your lifetime.
I figured such a scab worker like yourself should of put a lot of your money back but i guess you didn't now if you had been a hard working union man your health care should be in pretty good shape but you didn't want that you wanted that extra .50 cent a hour
I would agree with you on taking better care of the elderly whether they worked or not and for sure do away with taxing SS benefits
As a U.S. Senator, Joe Biden voted to tax Social Security twice - first in 1983 and again in 1993. Maybe his Chinese master will allow Joe Biden, the President, to fix those mistakes.
(01-30-2021, 08:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: As a U.S. Senator, Joe Biden voted to tax Social Security twice - first in 1983 and again in 1993. Maybe his Chinese master will allow Joe Biden, the President, to fix those mistakes.
President Biden made a mistake on voting to tax SS benefits and yes once he get's this Trump Flu under control and if a bill reaches his desk then YES he will correct his mistake now your Dear Leader wanted to do away with the payroll tax which would put a end to SS
(01-30-2021, 08:22 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 08:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: As a U.S. Senator, Joe Biden voted to tax Social Security twice - first in 1983 and again in 1993. Maybe his Chinese master will allow Joe Biden, the President, to fix those mistakes.
President Biden made a mistake on voting to tax SS benefits and yes once he get's this Trump Flu under control and if a bill reaches his desk then YES he will correct his mistake now your Dear Leader wanted to do away with the payroll tax which would put a end to SS
Biden voted to tax Social Security benefits twice. It was no mistake. He knew what he was doing.
(01-30-2021, 08:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Biden voted to tax Social Security benefits twice. It was no mistake. He knew what he was doing.
I agree what about the Dear Leader wanting to do away with the payroll tax? Any comments on that
but let's not forget the reason they wanted to tax SS benefits Regan and Clinton to try to get the debt under control 
If they can get a bill to President Biden desk he will correct his mistake
(01-30-2021, 08:30 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
I agree what about the Dear Leader wanting to do away with the payroll tax? Any comments on that
but let's not forget the reason they wanted to tax SS benefits Regan and Clinton to try to get the debt under control 
Biden voted to tax Social Security benefits twice. That is something you cannot blame on Trump. Trump proposed suspending the payroll tax to give individuals and small businesses some relief from COVID-19 related expenses. You and your sidekick are the biggest political sycophants ever to post in this forum. Straight party line dialog - the kind of mindless propaganda that the CCP spreads and the same kind that the former USSR disseminated. Do you get paid for such blather? Because I cannot thing of why else somebody would make such fools of themselves.
(01-30-2021, 05:25 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

LOL, so like always the guy who couldn't clean up his own litter box thinks he/she can decide what my own thread is about. How do 40 executive orders which will result initially in the permanent layoff of 120 thousand jobs in the energy industry strengthen unions tivtime? And for the nth time, WHAT will America replace fossil fuels with? The nenewable energy field supplies 3% of all US energy consumption. Surely a teacher, inventor, renewable energy whiz like yourself could enlighten us.

The rest of your post is just too shallow and ill thought out to merit response.

There will only be 35 permanent full time jobs lost due to the Keystone Pipeline stoppage.
(01-30-2021, 09:18 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

There will only be 35 permanent full time jobs lost due to the Keystone Pipeline stoppage.
Source? Construction jobs are by definition temporary but new construction is a sign of a healthy economy. The loss of thousands of construction jobs related to the cancelation of the pipeline project is not a minor impact on the economy. The cancelation of the pipeline project is nothing but a big payoff to Warren Buffet for his support of Democrat campaigns.
(01-30-2021, 08:02 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 12:29 PM)vector#1 Wrote: It doesn't matter what you can say if the Dear Leader gives it the OK then TRT and Quooter will kiss the ring

I also think Russia and Iran also have a big hand in Venezuela all this happened under your Dear Leader's Watch while you and Quooter sit by and cheered him on for being the best president in your lifetime.
I figured such a scab worker like yourself should of put a lot of your money back but i guess you didn't now if you had been a hard working union man your health care should be in pretty good shape but you didn't want that you wanted that extra .50 cent a hour
I would agree with you on taking better care of the elderly whether they worked or not and for sure do away with taxing SS benefits

ttt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-31-2021, 12:20 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 01:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I see that you once again have nothing to contribute to the thread except for insults. At least you are consistent.

Well so much for honesty. You weren't a bit interested in when and if we criticized DJT now were you?

Venezuela is a communist regime and frankly, whoever's feeding you info probably first read about it in one of my posts. Neither Russia or Iran have any kind of "big hand" in Venezuela. I posted some time back that Russia has a few rusty old has-been war birds down there. Further. Money changed hands between China and Panama prior to May of 2017 when China and Panama first publicly announced their deal giving control of Margarita Island Port to China. But in May of 2017 the FBI was on Gen Flynn's case, and administration officials who should have been patriots for America, were instead busy leaking secret intel,  as the attempt to overthrow a duly elected president was already in high gear. And you can bet Obama knew all about the Panama deal but heck, they already gave Russia control of US uranium reserves because the left is all-in on globalism, and he let it slide. Just like he did when he ceased funding to NASA which torpedoed US space superiority. And US astronauts had to hitch rides with the Russian space program.

But here is how long this stupidity has gone on and it started on Bill Clinton's 'watch' ; (and it was back when journalism still existed in the land.)

China’s Control of Panama Canal Feared

Los Angeles Times Archive
Oct. 6, 1999 12 AM PT
From Associated Press
WASHINGTON — 
"Americans will not stand for Chinese control of the Panama Canal, a group that includes retired military officers said today.
Dumping a 4-foot-high pile of 250,000 petitions near the Capitol Building, the group opposed to a Hong Kong business’ lease on canal ports appealed to Congress to ensure the canal stays open to U.S. shipping.
Under a 1977 agreement, the last U.S. forces are pulling out of Panama on Dec. 31, turning over the canal to Panama.
The petitions call upon Congress to investigate claims that the Clinton administration has allowed China to become the canal’s “gatekeeper” after U.S. forces leave." 

As to your idiotic comments about my career. I am in grand shape actually, but most working men are not. I made A LOT more than 50 cents extra an hour, and I did it under the strict auspices of my trades union. But when Obama said my healthcare premiums would go down he lied. EVERYBODY who pays for heath insurance saw their rates go-up big time, and their coverages go-down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-31-2021, 12:39 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Well, you better get with  Wayne Christian ASAP and settle him down a bit. Big Grin  Keystone is just the tip of the iceberg, but no way are we talking just 35 jobs.                 

Wayne Christian:
"The Paris Climate Accord will cost the U.S. economy "6.5 million jobs and $3 trillion in economic growth by 2040."

Renewable forms of energy provide 3% of US energy needs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-29-2021, 01:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I see that you once again have nothing to contribute to the thread except for insults. At least you are consistent.

ttt
First NO one has seen the Dear Leader's Health plan that included covering pre-existing conditions 
Maybe he mailed you a letter and showed you his plan i don't know but it never was released to the public

(01-30-2021, 08:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Biden voted to tax Social Security benefits twice. That is something you cannot blame on Trump. Trump proposed suspending the payroll tax to give individuals and small businesses some relief from COVID-19 related expenses. You and your sidekick are the biggest political sycophants ever to post in this forum. Straight party line dialog - the kind of mindless propaganda that the CCP spreads and the same kind that the former USSR disseminated. Do you get paid for such blather? Because I cannot thing of why else somebody would make such fools of themselves.
Liar "If re elected i will eliminate the payroll tax"

(01-31-2021, 01:47 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 01:26 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Has there been 1 time you and TRT disagree with the Dear Leader i am waiting in suspense

ttt
First NO one has seen the Dear Leader's Health plan that included covering pre-existing conditions 
Maybe he mailed you a letter and showed you his plan i don't know but it never was released to the public

(01-30-2021, 08:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 08:22 PM)vector#1 Wrote: President Biden made a mistake on voting to tax SS benefits and yes once he get's this Trump Flu under control and if a bill reaches his desk then YES he will correct his mistake now your Dear Leader wanted to do away with the payroll tax which would put a end to SS
Liar "If re elected i will eliminate the payroll tax"

Propagandist.
^^ There is no way we're having this conversation with vector. Somebody else is feeding him answers which are not relevant in the first place; and which vector can't quite articulate accurately in the second.

So vector as to plans. Why in the name of common sense would DJT need a 'plan,' when ObamaCare already had pre-existing conditions accounted for and as I said, Trump accepted the afore mentioned ACA requisite, (which is already the law BTW) and said so hundreds of times? Obama's big grandiose 'plan,'  now referred to as ObamaCare, dealt with pre-existing conditions.

But under the 'plan,' families of four were guaranteed to see their health premiums go down an average of 2,500 dollars a year. Did that happen? Absolutely not, the cost of everybody's 'plan,'  went through the roof in no small part due to working people absorbing the burdensome costs of dealing with pre-existing conditions. And free health care for anybody who couldn't or wouldn't assume the responsibility for themselves.

But originally under the conditions of the 'plan,'  if you will recall, said plan would "not cost the taxpayer one dime" in new taxes. Has ObamaCare cost taxpayers any money? You betcha. In 2012 the US Supreme Court ruled that the ObamaCare Mandate was a tax enacted by the Congress. 

"To be sure, the 2010 law succeeded in significantly improving health insurance for many people facing difficult situations. People who qualify based on their incomes can typically get essentially free care if their state expanded Medicaid or federally subsidized insurance through new online marketplaces.
https://www.rollcall.com/2020/03/10/ten-...es-abound/

All ObamaCare ever was... was a scheme to exact social justice restitution, through wealth redistribution. The problem with that notion is not all poor people are poor through no fault of their own.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-30-2021, 09:33 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Source? Construction jobs are by definition temporary but new construction is a sign of a healthy economy. The loss of thousands of construction jobs related to the cancelation of the pipeline project is not a minor impact on the economy. The cancelation of the pipeline project is nothing but a big payoff to Warren Buffet for his support of Democrat campaigns.

I agree that there will be 6-8 thousand construction jobs lost due to stopping it, which will have a big impact.  As far as a payoff to Buffet, I have no idea, although I doubt that he needs it, but greed can be a very strong motivator no matter how much money you have.
(01-31-2021, 03:44 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ There is no way we're having this conversation with vector. Somebody else is feeding him answers which are not relevant in the first place; and which vector can't quite articulate accurately in the second.

So vector as to plans. Why in the name of common sense would DJT need a 'plan,' when ObamaCare already had pre-existing conditions accounted for and as I said, Trump accepted the afore mentioned ACA requisite, (which is already the law BTW) and said so hundreds of times? Obama's big grandiose 'plan,'  now referred to as ObamaCare, dealt with pre-existing conditions.

But under the 'plan,' families of four were guaranteed to see their health premiums go down an average of 2,500 dollars a year. Did that happen? Absolutely not, the cost of everybody's 'plan,'  went through the roof in no small part due to working people absorbing the burdensome costs of dealing with pre-existing conditions. And free health care for anybody who couldn't or wouldn't assume the responsibility for themselves.

But originally under the conditions of the 'plan,'  if you will recall, said plan would "not cost the taxpayer one dime" in new taxes. Has ObamaCare cost taxpayers any money? You betcha. In 2012 the US Supreme Court ruled that the ObamaCare Mandate was a tax enacted by the Congress. 

"To be sure, the 2010 law succeeded in significantly improving health insurance for many people facing difficult situations. People who qualify based on their incomes can typically get essentially free care if their state expanded Medicaid or federally subsidized insurance through new online marketplaces.

All ObamaCare ever was... was a scheme to exact social justice restitution, through wealth redistribution. The problem with that notion is not all poor people are poor through no fault of their own.
So he didn't mail you a copy of his plan
Maybe he didn't have no plan
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-31-2021, 03:44 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ There is no way we're having this conversation with vector. Somebody else is feeding him answers which are not relevant in the first place; and which vector can't quite articulate accurately in the second.

Oh boy...
Trumpster had four years to make it better.  GOP has had 12.  

Obamacare is a losing issue for you guys.  It just keeps getting worse too because now  Nearly 70% of Americans support a public option. 

Mmmmm....mmm some socialism for the poor not just the rich.
(02-01-2021, 03:49 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Oh boy...
Trumpster had four years to make it better.  GOP has had 12.  

Obamacare is a losing issue for you guys.  It just keeps getting worse too because now  Nearly 70% of Americans support a public option. 

Mmmmm....mmm some socialism for the poor not just the rich.

Like I said. If you're typing you're lying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]