Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SHOULD Trump be (1)Tried and (2) Convicted in the Senate ???
(02-02-2021, 09:24 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 11:46 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 08:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:05 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Trump's top advisor

People actually send her money. A president actually sought her advice. I actually watched that again.
No wonder people from other countries make fun of us . Even my friends and colleagues who are people of faith are embarrassed by these prosperity gospel scoundrels.

(02-01-2021, 07:58 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: I got a little flash for you, I ain't buyin. Possibly you think you'll be able to talk your way out of trouble when surety brings the day of reckoning? You mocked the Church here, and you've done it in the recent past.

I have friends and colleagues who are people of great faith and they are openly disgusted by prosperity scoundrels like Paula White, Kenneth Copeland, and Benny Hinn. All of these people have been exposed for duping believers. I mention this because I think vector was being critical of Paula and her association with 45 and not the Church in general. Just sayin'.

Yes and to that end I am totally with you Hound. Some folks are just born gullible and as such are easy marks for the charlatans out there. And as the Lord said, these guys/gals will always be around. Some even claiming to be the Christ. But those easy marks represent a small minority of the Church. Most Christians are sage, and many of those are dynamic thinkers grounded in reality. Like the Apostles for example.

But there has been an ongoing political rationale out there of which a flamboyant DJT is a showman flimflam man who has duped 75 million into voting for him. And it follows that those 75 million are glassy eyed cultists. Church going red necks wearing hunter orange, burping tobacco juice and talking through their noses about their latest 80 round clip acquisition. All of which is a reprehensible attempt by the left to form a narrative which links low IQ with a belief in God and an allegiance to Trump. Which of course is an affront to the entire Republican Party, but vastly more significantly, is just another miserable attempt of affront to the Lord Himself.

That is why I quoted God is not mocked. I apologize for the confusion
I have never questioned your sincerity in your faith. My friends and colleagues at school, like you, are very sincere and they live their lives as evidence of that sincerity. I do have a problem with the Paula Whites, however.  I don't think she represents true believers well. Do you know who she is blaming now for the criticism that is coming at her?  She is blaming the Church. It's not atheists, she says, but the Church.

LOL. I heard Jimmy Swaggart one day about 30 years ago, talking about having car trouble and was stranded on the side of  the road. So he got out and anointed his engine with oil, got back in, fired it back up and away he went. I don't think Swaggart or White and many others represent the true Church well at all.

But as I say, the Lord has warned me not to judge because He will take care of it. And obviously He allows it all to go on. My job is to warn people of the terrors soon to come and THE ONE ark of safety which of course, is the Son of God.

I used to watch Swaggart about every week(before the prostitute thing). He was a very engaging speaker, very charismatic,  and an extremely talented musician. I think his son Donnie does most of the preaching now. I remember he used to rail against the very things he was engaging in at the time. Really a shame because he was obviously blessed with a lot of gifts. Not many families include  three people as supremely talented as Swaggart, Gilley, and Jerry Lee.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHOULD Trump be (1)Tried and (2) Convicted in the Senate ??? - by Old School Hound - 02-02-2021, 10:49 PM