Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See?
I know there has been threads on this topic but, hey, I wasn't around then. lol  I am interested in taking fresh look at this topic and hearing your tales of the good, bad, and ugly. Who are a few of the big acts that you've seen live? Here are a few questions that I would enjoy hearing  your thoughts on. Feel free to comment on one or more of these:

1. Who are a few of the big acts you've seen live? 

2.  What were your favorite live concerts that you attended?  Where and when? 

3.  Who were you super excited to see but left you disappointed?

4.  Were there  act(s) or shows that you had little expectations for but you left super impressed?

5.   What acts do you wish you had gotten to see but didn't ?

6.   Did you ever get to meet a performer at a show?  Who was the nicest? Who was the biggest jerk off?

7.   What's the most you ever paid for a ticket to a big name concert?   What is the least you ever paid for a big name concert ticket?

8.   Anything weird or interesting happen at a live show you attended?

9. What one concert (and at what point in time) would you like to see if you could go back in time?

I will add comments as the thread progresses. I will say I have seen a number of live concerts. I've been able to see most of the handful of acts that I really, really wanted to see.  There are a few , however, that I regret missing.   Boston(with Brad Delp) , the Bee Gees,  ELO , TOTO,  Heart, Queen(with Mercury) , Journey(with Perry) Bad Company(with Rodgers)  would all fall into that latter category.

One show that I really, really wish I could have experienced would be Jefferson Starship(with Slick and Balin in the mid seventies). I've seen Starship w/ Mickey Thomas several times.

A few of the bigger acts I've seen:   

*Elton John - many times ( always great)

*Fleetwood Mac- many times (always great , won't see without Buckingham- he's the key to the Chain)

*Starship w/ Mickey Thomas ( Mick still has the pipes)

*Chicago(one of Cetera's final shows)

*REO Speedwagon( at the Red Mile) - Cronin & Co. were great but many concertgoers were passed out drunk in the mud. lol

*Kansas

*Eddie Money(RIParadise)

*Styx

*Joan Jett

*38 Special

*The Spinners

*Rick Springfield

*John Waite( still has great pipes)

*Three Dog Night(I'm old)

*The Grass Roots( I'm older than dirt)   Btw, those who haven't heard of them, look them up. They were a terrific in their day.

I've seen a few country acts including:  Garth(stepdad gave me a ticket),  Blake Shelton(free)

What can you share with me and other music lovers about the live concerts you've attended? I can't wait to hear!!!!
Messages In This Thread
Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See? - by Old School Hound - 02-01-2021, 11:28 PM