Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are Some of Your All-Time Favorite Recurring Skits on SNL ???
Throughout the history of SNL, there have been some pretty funny skits, many of them recurring sketches .

What are some of your favorites?  I'll start with a few and you guys can add to the list with your faves.

BARRY GIBB TALK SHOW(Fallon &Timberlake)

WILL FERRELL AS HARRY CARAY

MAN DOWN BY THE RIVER(Chris Farley)

JEOPARDY w/FERRELL

NPR'S DELICIOUS DISH-(SCHWEDDY BALLS)

MR ROBINSON'S NEIGHBORHOOD(Eddie Murphy)

Here's a Barry Gibb Talk Show(guests- "Nancy Pelosi,"  "Ann Coulter,"  "Bill Richardson" ) -   Jimmy & Justin never fail to make me laugh with these sketches. How Fallon maintains his composure and stays in character I have no idea.

Church Lady
Wayne's World
More Cowbell
Van Down by the River
Super Fans (Da Bears)
Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger
The skit where Candice Bergan (sp?) forgets her line and Gilda Radner goes off in a classic improv
Phil Hartman doing Bill Clinton in McDonald's
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Two wild and crazy guys with Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd.

Point/Counterpoint with Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd.

The Coneheads with Curtin, Akroyd, and Laraine Newman.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
My all-time favorite skit was James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub, with Eddie Murphy in some kind of gold swim trunks doing a perfect impersonation of James Brown. Also Eddie doing a Stevie Wonder impression with Stevie Wonder himself. You just had to see it. Young Eddie Murphy was the funniest guy ever.
It’s not really a skit, but I’ve always liked Weekend Update. The guys doing it now, Michael Che and Collin Jost, I think are really good. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were great, Chevy Chase of course, and the most underrated of all, Norm McDonald.
For recurring skits, I loved Jeopardy, and now Black Jeopardy with Kenan Thompson as host. (Watch the one with Tom Hanks as the white contestant, it’s just the best). And like OSH, Barry Gibb talk show always just put me under, I think Timberlake is the best of all the guest hosts. (Dick in a Box, anybody.)
(02-04-2021, 09:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Two wild and crazy guys with Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd.

Point/Counterpoint with Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd.

The Coneheads with Curtin, Akroyd, and Laraine Newman.

"Jane, you ignorant sl*t. "

Good ones, Hoot.

This skit makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I watch it. Never fails . Ever. I used to watch Harry do Cubs' games on WGN. The random things he would say in the middle of an inning kept me in stiches. Plus, he would bumble names all the time. Can't remember the Reds' player, but I know Harry once mispronounced the guy's name three different ways during a single at-bat.

See if this skit with Jeff Goldblum cracks you up like it does me?

Sadly, SNL was hijacked and turned into a liberal propaganda show.