Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 50 Perry County Central 46
Buckhorn pulls out a much needed win down the stretch in a very tough back and fourth game
Big win for Da Horn.
First ever win for Buckhorn at home over Perry.
First ever regular season win over Perry for the horn
CatsFan is correct.

Big Al's last year at Perry, the Horn blew out the Commodores at John C. and eliminated them in the first round of district. One of the best shooting performances I've seen. Zack Gay down low and Andy Blank from deep. That was a pretty good team and they go super hot.

Matt Day's senior season they beat Perry at Leslie County in a close one. They hit a three with the game tied late. Buckhorn lost in the finals to Knott Central that year, a rematch of the WYMT Mountain Classic finals earlier in the year where Matt Day set the single game scoring record after launching a three at the buzzer in a losing effort. He stole it from Camron Justice who broke it the same game lol

Then Connor Hoskins's senior year they beat Perry in the 14th Region Championship in overtime at Knott Central.

Until last night, every time Buckhorn beat Perry was to knock them out of the playoffs. I'd have to look it up, but I don't think there have been many game between these two teams played at Buckhorn.
I don’t know why buckhorn was so pumped up after the game. Perry is not good and buckhorn should have beat them worse. Buckhorn has underachieved all year. They should have beat perry this year.
(02-07-2021, 12:21 AM)hitter Wrote: I don’t know why buckhorn was so pumped up after the game. Perry is not good and buckhorn should have beat them worse. Buckhorn has underachieved all year. They should have beat perry this year.
What has happened to PCC’s basketball program?
Without saying it, I think we all know.
Yeah they dont have any recruits playing this year Critical Thinker. I guess the kid from Buckhorn hasnt helped you any huh? Fact of the matter is, I think it will be a PCC/Hazard final in the district if the draw goes like it normally does. Perry is struggling without Duff but the talent level is still good enough to beat any team in the region on a good night. Wouldnt just count them out just yet because they lost at Buckhorn. Anyone with half a brain cell knows the Horn is a tuff place to play. And Breathitt beating Leslie at Leslie like they did would have to make Leslie fans scratch their heads a little. Maybe Leslie had some kida out. IDK. Regions still wide open. Perry is a little down but they are not out just yet.
Very seldom does Leslie have a mountain boy transfer to Leslie and we’ve still always been a decent team in the toughest district in the region without one. Kids transferring isn’t what grinds my gears. Adults going out of state to search for kids to play basketball at the high school level is my problem. To be one of the biggest schools in the region no one should have to do that year in and year out. I want kids to succeed and I hope Perry gets better, but don’t go seek out kids that these mountains that Perry did not develop just to have those Perry kids sit the bench.
(02-11-2021, 05:27 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Yeah they dont have any recruits playing this year Critical Thinker.  I guess the kid from Buckhorn hasnt helped you any huh?  Fact of the matter is, I think it will be a PCC/Hazard final in the district if the draw goes like it normally does.  Perry is struggling without Duff but the talent level is still good enough to beat any team in the region on a good night.  Wouldnt just count them out just yet because they lost at Buckhorn.  Anyone with half a brain cell knows the Horn is a tuff place to play.  And Breathitt beating Leslie at Leslie like they did would have to make Leslie fans scratch their heads a little.  Maybe Leslie had some kida out.  IDK.  Regions still wide open.  Perry is a little down but they are not out just yet.
Disagree, Perry is 100% out.
Ofcourse you would disagree, your a Leslie fan. You guys probably wont make it out of the district. Glad you are having a decent season for a change.
What's the odds Hazard draws Leslie for like the 5th time in 8 years.. seems fishy!
Now, anyone can lose on any given night. Perry is down but that doesn’t mean that they can’t beat Leslie on a good night. Very possible. I was just addressing that some Perry homers on here always have the argument that they don’t need those out of state recruits to win and this might of settled that debate. Like I said, I hope those Perry kids have a better season. One of the best times of their lives. It’s just means more to succeed with our mountain kids rather than the latter. I’m just glad those kids are getting to play.
Good post Critical Thinker. I have hated the recruiting that has went on at Perry for some time now. The basketball culture is nothing like it used to before the recruiting started. From what I can tell its all Perry kids now. Duff was a Jtown transfer. Hopefully the culture and pride will get back to the way it used to be at PCC. I hope nothing but the best for Leslie County to.
Thanks Dukeboy. I would love to see the culture come back. Our mountain kids should come number 1. I often hear that there a lot of kids young and in high school that don’t bother to play because they don’t think there’s any use to practice for years when someone will just come to push them back once they get to high school. Eastern Kentucky sports are all on the same boat, I want all our kids to succeed.
(02-11-2021, 09:29 PM)4ever witness Wrote: What's the odds Hazard draws Leslie for like the 5th time in 8 years.. seems fishy!

lol
Go to one of the draws and tell me how fishy they are.
Perry will be a tough out for any of these teams come district tourney time.
This is obviously the first time Buckhorn and Leslie have beaten Perry in the regular season. I’m sure both those teams want to prove they can do it again when it matters and Perry wants to get some revenge.
All I know is I’m looking forward to the district tourney this year. Gonna be some great games