Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 96 Harlan County 75
The Jags continue to roll.
Told you so...
Very impressive win for North. Coach Jones could use an offensive coordinator. Their offense is as stagnant as I’ve seen. Too much one on one and honestly too much micromanagement from coach. With a roster like Harlan County has, there’s no reason they shouldn’t be scoring 80-85 per game, but they average in the mid 60’s according to KHSAA website. 65 ppg will not get it done in today’s game. With your two primary ball handlers being able to take anyone off the dribble and two shooters in Carmichael and Huff who are both among the state’s best, it’s definitely a head scratcher as to why the coach isn’t utilizing his strengths.
If I heard the final stats right, Sheppard ‘only’ had 18, which to me makes the win even more impressive. Sorta proves North has enough firepower to beat good teams without relying on Sheppard to get 30 or 40.
(02-10-2021, 10:43 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: If I heard the final stats right, Sheppard ‘only’ had 18, which to me makes the win even more impressive. Sorta proves North has enough firepower to beat good teams without relying on Sheppard to get 30 or 40.
He did only have 18 but he also added 17 assist.  That is what makes him such a great player and North a really good team.....he gets others involved and for his talent is one of the most unselfish kids I've seen play.  Anything can happen on any given night but It will take North beating themselves and another team playing lights for out for them not to win the Regional tournament this year.
(02-10-2021, 10:43 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: If I heard the final stats right, Sheppard ‘only’ had 18, which to me makes the win even more impressive. Sorta proves North has enough firepower to beat good teams without relying on Sheppard to get 30 or 40.

Agree! North Laurel is going to be a tough out for anyone.
I'm predicting the Jags are one of the last teams standing this season, I believe they poses the potential to win it all in 2021, and repeat next and the year after, unless some athletes opt out to a prep school. The foundation of this team's built around sophomores, with only 1 senior, and 2 Juniors.