Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT MOUNTAIN CLASSIC finals tonight who ya got
I like this game tonight.   Knox Central has a pretty good ball club.    I really like the speed they play and they just seem smooth.   I have also been really impressed with Harlan Co as well.  They just seem to have that little IT factor with them.   I like the toughness they play with and they are gonna need that to get past Knox.

I look for Noah Trent to hit his avg of 21 but he's gonna need 28 for Harlan to hang.

I look for Jevonte Turner to have a nice night as well.   He is gonna need his 20 pts a game.   I roll with 25 for him tonight and his ability to distribute and make decissions.

The player i think makes the biggest impact this evening is Gavin Chadwell.

Saying that I like em both and both will have something to say at the end of the year

Knox Central 79
Harlan Co 76

This may come down to the last few seconds and is worth the price of admission.   But we get it live streamed for us tonight.

https://www.wymt.com/sports/
wow Harlan Co up 14 - 0 in the first

Central is starting to settle down a little bit. 17 - 6 Harlan

at the end of 1 Harlan 22 to 17

at the half Harlan Co 44 - Knox Central 41

at the end of 3 its Harlan Co 59 Knox Central 55

Central did go up by as many as I believe 7 in the 3rd but Harlan Co battles back. Shaping up to be a hell of a final quarter of play
and the final Knox Central 74 Harlan Co 70
Great game. Nothing better than mountain basketball
Here's  the take from a friend of mine who watched the game. He posted the following:

" Wow what a game!!!
Knox Central reigned supreme in a thriller in the 34th annual WYMT Mountain Classic in an all 13th Region Final. 
In a game that began with Harlan Co. starting the game netting 2 at the foul line due to a pre-game ‘T’ served to Knox Central for getting caught dunking, the Blacks Bears continued to get a quick start seeing them make their first 5 shots of the game including 4 3’s jumping out to a 17-0 lead in the first couple minutes of the game. 
The Panthers, not looking at all rattled, kept their composure, and began to chip away at that lead, edging closer, having Harlan Co. up at the end of the 1st quarter, 24-17. 
Knox continued in the 2nd quarter to close the gap, ending the period with a last second 3 ball by Sr. Andrew Sizemore making it 44-41 at the half, and the closest the Panthers had gotten since the beginning minutes of the game. 
Before I continue I really can’t contain myself just what an incredible game this was, and the phenomenal clutch shooting on both sides of the court. Both teams have sensational shooters who dependably just kept knocking down shot after shot. 
Harlan’s sophomore Daniel Carmical had 6 threes, and his form is a delight. 6’5” Freshman Trent Noah for Harlan is such a strong, smooth and balanced player that plays beyond his years and will undoubtedly be talked about throughout his high school career. Harlan’s Jr Jackson Huff has a nice complete game and was hitting his share of clutch shots, and Sr. Tyler Cole put up 15+ points of his own. Even 8th grader Maddox Huff came off of the bench and hit a clutch shot, and showed great body control and finesse for a kid his age. 
Knox Central was led by the calm and cool Sr. Jevonte Turner who netted somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 points. Another huge contributor for the Panthers was Jr. Isaac Mills, one of 7 Mills players on the Panther squad. Sr. Andrew Sizemore had his share of clutch shots, and Sophomore KT Turner came into the game making an impact scoring 7 just about as soon as he took to the floor. Freshman Gavin Chadwell is quite a load down low and crowds the paint. I understand that he’s already a great football player and I’m not surprised one bit. 
At the 6:30 mark of the 3rd quarter Knox Central finally tied the game, and at the 5:30 mark took their first lead, and then it was back and forth for there on out. The 3rd period ended with Harlan County still on top 59-54. 
The 4th quarter was again intense with back and forth leads, and both teams knocking down clutch shots. The game was tied at 70 with 1:30 remaining. At the :43 mark Knox had the ball and scored at their first opportunity making it 72-70 with about :23 remaining on the clock. Noah for Harlan, facing intense defence on their possession, was called for travelling having them to have foul, but still with fouls to give. Harlan had the ball with 8 seconds on the clock, and Knox stole it on the inbound pass at the baseline, and fired it ahead to Turner who threw down a dunk as the exclamation point to their victory as time ran off the clock. 
Though I’m not terribly on top of B-Ball in the 13th Region, In my estimation this game was an instant classic, and anyone who was lucky enough to catch the game would probably agree. "