Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Paintsville 2021
So Paintsville doesn’t have a opening for a teachers position. They would have to hire on staff, or locally. Or get ready...... Be hire, take away from your biggest rival......

Randy Vanderhoof 

Not going to happen, but if I was them I would at least make the call.
(02-19-2021, 11:52 PM)Oleballcoach Wrote: So Paintsville doesn’t have a opening for a teachers position. They would have to hire on staff, or locally. Or get ready...... Be hire, take away from your biggest rival......

Randy Vanderhoof 

I’m asking here, but didn’t Jordan Ray or Chandler teach? They both left with Chirico so that would be a teaching position or two open...
Going back to Coach Sullivan, why would he walk into a program behind the eight ball ? Why would he go in knowing that the lower grade talent pool is looking as bad as it is. Looking at this season alone, Paintsville has a few skilled players returning but didn't they lose something like 75% of tackles on defense to graduation ? If Paintsville was a larger school with a promising feeder program then it would be more appealing to any candidate that would be interested. Coach Sullivan will be coaching from the sidelines of Pikeville once again this fall.
^ To gain head coaching experience to prepare him for his inevitable return to Pikeville. Not saying he should or he even would, that that is one reason.
Coach Mac is retiring after Issac graduates in two years in my opinion. Coach Sully is the definite favorite to take over there so why would he go to Paintsville for two years?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-20-2021, 01:00 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 11:52 PM)Oleballcoach Wrote: So Paintsville doesn’t have a opening for a teachers position. They would have to hire on staff, or locally. Or get ready...... Be hire, take away from your biggest rival......

Randy Vanderhoof 

I’m asking here, but didn’t Jordan Ray or Chandler teach? They both left with Chirico so that would be a teaching position or two open...

Ray was still in school at Morehead I believe and I thought Chandler was a Lawyer

Randy Vanderhoof 

Who?
(02-20-2021, 05:27 PM)Redneck Wrote:

Randy Vanderhoof 

Who?
He used to be the head coach at Raceland if I’m not mistaken.

Randy Vanderhoof 

[quote pid="2302673" dateline="1613789535"]
Coach Vanderhoof seems to be content with his role as being an assistant without the responsibilities associated with being a head coach.   At this stage of his career I would be very surprised to see him in another head coaching role again.
[/quote]
(02-20-2021, 07:04 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

Randy Vanderhoof 

[quote pid="2302673" dateline="1613789535"]
Coach Vanderhoof seems to be content with his role as being an assistant without the responsibilities associated with being a head coach.   At this stage of his career I would be very surprised to see him in another head coaching role again.

[/quote]
I said it wasn’t going to happen, but it would be the type of big time hire they would look for. 

Being content with his role, I would say he understands what he should be doing in his role. 

I would also say for the right job and school he would give being the head man a shot again. 

But this isn’t about him, however about Paintsville
Kinda surprising to me Arms and Melvin are not even being considered. How about Hager from Floyd Central, is he being considered?
(02-21-2021, 10:28 AM)Budsqueezer Wrote: Kinda surprising to me Arms and Melvin are not even being considered. How about Hager from Floyd Central, is he being considered?
Pretty sure Arms burned that bridge years ago, but that doesn’t mean they won’t give him the opportunity. As for Melvin, I’m sure they’re considering him, he’s most definitely earned it. How do we know that Melvin is interested in being a head coach? He is a family man. His little boy is at the age that he’ll be playing football himself. I know I absolutely hate missing my boys games cause of work.
I'm not familiar with Brian Melvin. What are his credentials? Is he currently an assistant? Just one opinion, I think if Paintsville promotes their top assistant and finds another good assistant they could possibly just roll right on.
(02-21-2021, 04:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm not familiar with Brian Melvin. What are his credentials? Is he currently an assistant? Just one opinion, I think if Paintsville promotes their top assistant and finds another good assistant they could possibly just roll right on.
Played at Paintsville in the late 90s early 2000s- Offensive and defensive lineman. 

Has been an assistant coach since Chirico arrived and maybe even a few years before that. Primary on the defensive side of the ball. 

I am assuming he would be interested but I can’t confirm. If Paintsville truly does not have a teaching position open, options are very limited, IMO.
(02-21-2021, 05:44 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 04:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm not familiar with Brian Melvin. What are his credentials? Is he currently an assistant? Just one opinion, I think if Paintsville promotes their top assistant and finds another good assistant they could possibly just roll right on.
Played at Paintsville in the late 90s early 2000s- Offensive and defensive lineman. 

Has been an assistant coach since Chirico arrived and maybe even a few years before that. Primary on the defensive side of the ball. 

I am assuming he would be interested but I can’t confirm. If Paintsville truly does not have a teaching position open, options are very limited, IMO.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like Paintsville should create a new teaching position.
What’s the latest?
QB coach @ Pikeville college getting this job from what I was told. Hoskins is last name I believe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Budsqueezer's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(02-28-2021, 09:38 AM)Budsqueezer Wrote: QB coach @ Pikeville college getting this job from what I was told. Hoskins is last name I believe.
Trevor Hoskins would be a good hire IMO
Why would a college coach go backwards in his career?
^ Maybe he’s a family man and wants to settle down in this area long term. In my opinion, this would be a very good hire if he is indeed the next coach. Seems like a very ‘solid’ guy.
(02-28-2021, 02:41 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Why would a college coach go backwards in his career?
Most assistants at small colleges (NAIA and even MSU) don’t make as much money as high school head coaches.
(02-28-2021, 02:41 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Why would a college coach go backwards in his career?
To see if he can match wits with some of the greatest to ever do it. You know, test yourself against the legends, like Raceland’s head coach for example!!
(03-01-2021, 01:27 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
To see if he can match wits with some of the greatest to ever do it. You know, test yourself against the legends, like Raceland’s head coach for example!!
This doesn’t have to be about Raceland and I was asking a legit question. The reason I was asking it was the concern with Paintsville hiring a college coach. Most college coaches wanna move up and go to bigger better schools. So if this guys endgame to to move up that latter could Paintsville be going through this process again in two or three years ?
(03-01-2021, 07:39 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 01:27 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
This doesn’t have to be about Raceland and I was asking a legit question. The reason I was asking it was the concern with Paintsville hiring a college coach. Most college coaches wanna move up and go to bigger better schools. So if this guys endgame to to move up that latter could Paintsville be going through this process again in two or three years ?
Same could be said with any hire. Paintsville will always be a 1A school so you will always have the risk of coaches leaving for better opportunities... see Coach Chirico as an example. 

All you can do is hire the best fit for your program and go from there.
Hoskins has been announced as Paintsville’s head coach. I don’t know him but I’m hearing a lot of good things.

I think this is a very solid hire and look forward to the product he puts on the field.
(03-07-2021, 04:50 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Hoskins has been announced as Paintsville’s head coach. I don’t know him but I’m hearing a lot of good things.

I think this is a very solid hire and look forward to the product he puts on the field.

He’s a great guy and a brilliant football dude. And young so he’ll keep that Coach Chirico player relationship going with the kids. This is the best hire Paintsville could have ever done.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL