Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Berea
Ray Valentine has stepped down after 5 games into the season. He was hired in the off-season.
wow, did something happen in Berea that soured him. I mean i realize that sometimes you take a job and realize its not for you and get out. But what is the potential impact from this. If your a AD or Principal would you want to hire a guy who quits 5 games in. Gotta be a little more to this
(02-11-2021, 07:42 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: wow, did something happen in Berea that soured him.  I mean i realize that sometimes you take a job and realize its not for you and get out.  But what is the potential impact from this.  If your a AD or Principal would you want to hire a guy who quits 5 games in.  Gotta be a little more to this

There is a lot more to this. I will not go into very much detail, but the choice was given to the coach to resign or be fired. Many things went into this, but the core issue was coach conduct, not the on court product.
If what I heard is true then, he deserved to be fired.
then it is what it is.
What happened?
Cussing players. Was told either resign or be fired.
(02-13-2021, 10:08 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Cussing players. Was told either resign or be fired.
How much cussing?
Yet players who were cussing receive no discipline at all. Make sense right.
(02-13-2021, 11:00 PM)OhHereWeGo Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 10:08 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Cussing players. Was told either resign or be fired.
How much cussing?
Not sure just know theirs a video going around of him cussing players.
I will share what I can. First off, he turned a lot of parents against he by down grading the accomplishments of the team and coaching staff from the season prior quite regularly. Secondly, he drove multiple assistants to resign due to his actions and treatment of both players and staff which would be considered very unprofessional. He became very difficult to work with and cooperate with. The way he spoke to kids went way beyond just foul language, and could be considered belittling and bullying beyond an acceptable standard. His refusal to met with parents and faculty when concerns were raised made it difficult to address issues. All of this was brought to light when a practice, which happened in place of a cancelled game, was filmed and broadcast live via youtube as previously scheduled. With multiple people within the school system and influence on the school from outside witnessed the practice and his antics, he was given the choice to resign or be fired.
Bad look for Berea.