Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 64 Leslie 63
Final
Not as bad as last time, but still a disappointing loss.
(02-14-2021, 04:13 PM)MaroonPancakes Wrote: Not as bad as last time, but still a disappointing loss.
Free Throws were the difference in this game.  Breathitt 12/18 Leslie 1/4 Close game for all 4 quarters. Really good game. Leslie still had chances to win.  Was called for 3 straight travel violations to take the lead in the fourth.  This Leslie team is extremely close to busting it wide open.  I look for a blowout win against a struggling Perry team.
(02-14-2021, 04:39 PM)CriticalThinker Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 04:13 PM)MaroonPancakes Wrote: Not as bad as last time, but still a disappointing loss.
Free Throws were the difference in this game.  Breathitt 12/18 Leslie 1/4 Close game for all 4 quarters. Really good game. Leslie still had chances to win.  Was called for 3 straight travel violations to take the lead in the fourth.  This Leslie team is extremely close to busting it wide open.  I look for a blowout win against a struggling Perry team.
Turnovers and free throws have been the story of our season. We clean that up and we'll be a contender.
As bad as Perry is, Leslie and Breathitt are on the same level. Only way Leslie blows out Perry is if the bus tires blow out going to Hyden. Leslie may win in Lewis Gymnasium but it will be 10 or less.
Looks like Leslie can't get a fair called game. Every game I've watched lately has been Notorious. Think the eagles are starting to figure it out. Still not playing there best but it's about to be peaking season in the last 5 weeks of season. Breathitt can shoot it. Will be a hard team to beat come region in their home gym.
Breathitt and Leslie both will be teams that can knock anyone in the region out, not sure either can put three games togather to win the whole thing, but who knows, the region is very balanced.