Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden and Democrat Agenda
Besides COVID relief what Biden and Democrat agenda items excite you folks the most?  Not to leave conservatives out, which ones stick in your craw the most? 

Here are my top 5 

1. Shoring up Obamacare, so it can transform into a single-payer option.  
2. $15 Minimum wage.  I know it's not part of an upcoming bill, but within Biden's term it will happen.  
3. Modernizing infrastructure featuring renewable and clean energy.  
4. Eradication of Student loans:  can be a stroke of a pen or a process.
5.  DC and PR statehood. 

Gonna be a good 4 years.   Smile Smile
I wonder if Joe will ever get to work on his own platforms.

So far he has had to deal with Trump Flu, Trump Economy, Trump insurrection, and Texas Republicans’ public works failures.
(02-16-2021, 10:47 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Besides COVID relief what Biden and Democrat agenda items excite you folks the most?  Not to leave conservatives out, which ones stick in your craw the most? 

Here are my top 5 

2. $15 Minimum wage.  I know it's not part of an upcoming bill, but within Biden's term it will happen.  
5.  DC and PR statehood. 

Comrade,  I mean firestarter,  I'm convinced you awake in the morning thinking of something you can say to lift Mr. Gibson' systolic bp another few points.  Did you forget :

6.   Adding three justices to the SCOTUS  ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(02-19-2021, 12:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 10:47 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Besides COVID relief what Biden and Democrat agenda items excite you folks the most?  Not to leave conservatives out, which ones stick in your craw the most? 

Here are my top 5 

5.  DC and PR statehood. 

Comrade,  I mean firestarter,  I'm convinced you awake in the morning thinking of something you can say to lift Mr. Gibson' systolic bp another few points.  Did you forget :

6.   Adding three justices to the SCOTUS  ?

I wholeheartedly agree, but I don’t think Joe will try it.  Maybe if the Senate and House majority jumps in 2022, which he could make that happen by adding two states Big Grin
Schumer says the Senate will pass COVID relief 3 before March 14th.

So within the month, we will now see how brave Biden’s agenda will be.
(02-23-2021, 09:29 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Schumer says the Senate will pass COVID relief 3 before March 14th.

There is nothing brave about growing wealthy doing China's bidding by selling out his own country.
(02-23-2021, 09:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:29 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Schumer says the Senate will pass COVID relief 3 before March 14th.

There is nothing brave about growing wealthy doing China's bidding by selling out his own country.
I have never been more certain Biden will not sell our country to China now that you have said it, Hooter.  Thank you !!! Big Grin  

In all seriousness, I was referring to the issues I mentioned earlier in the OP.
(02-23-2021, 09:44 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

I have never been more certain Biden will not sell our country to China now that you have said it, Hooter.  Thank you !!! Big Grin  

In all seriousness, I was referring to the issues I mentioned earlier in the OP.
You're too late, Comrade Cardfan. China Joe sold this country out years ago. The cost of his influence has far outstripped the rate of inflation. Poor Hunter has been saddled with a 50% Big Guy tax for 30 years.
(02-23-2021, 09:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You're too late, Comrade Cardfan. China Joe sold this country out years ago. The cost of his influence has far outstripped the rate of inflation. Poor Hunter has been saddled with a 50% Big Guy tax for 30 years.

I hate that for Hunter. 

How much did Trump take when he screwed the nation out of HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS in a China trade war?
(02-23-2021, 10:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

I hate that for Hunter. 

How much did Trump take when he screwed the nation out of HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS in a China trade war?
Do you think China celebrated Biden's inauguration because they believe that he will be tougher to deal with than Trump was? What kind of fool, aside from Comrade vector, do you expect to believe that to be true? A Biden presidency was China's dream and it is why they have been investing in the Biden family for so many years.
(02-23-2021, 10:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: There is nothing brave about growing wealthy doing China's bidding by selling out his own country.

I hate that for Hunter. 

Do you think China celebrated Biden's inauguration because they believe that he will be tougher to deal with than Trump was? What kind of fool, aside from Comrade vector, do you expect to believe that to be true? A Biden presidency was China's dream and it is why they have been investing in the Biden family for so many years.

I guess they were happy someone was in office that may not cause a nuclear Holocaust.  If they wanted more money all they needed was Trump to stay in office.  China was cleaning our clock.

All the money in the world won’t help if there is no planet to spend it. 

A Biden presidency is the world’s dream. The only world military superpower is no longer ruled by an unstable diapered despot.

Hooter, besides handing China the keys to everything where do you do stand on the Biden agenda mentioned in this thread.  I sure would like to debate something sensible if you can do that.
(02-23-2021, 10:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:44 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I have never been more certain Biden will not sell our country to China now that you have said it, Hooter.  Thank you !!! Big Grin  

I hate that for Hunter. 

I guess they were happy someone was in office that may not cause a nuclear Holocaust.  If they wanted more money all they needed was Trump to stay in office.  China was cleaning our clock.

A Biden presidency is the world’s dream. The only world military superpower is no longer ruled by an unstable diapered despot.

Hooter, besides handing China the keys to everything where do you do stand on the Biden agenda mentioned in this thread.  I sure would like to debate something sensible if you can do that.
I doubt that Biden does anything over the next four years that I will find acceptable. So far, most of what he has done has been to rescind Trump's executive orders with no regard for the consequences. His whole agenda has been just like his campaign, anti-Trump. Trump's America first agenda was popular and it was effective. Biden's plan to renew the crooked deal that Obama negotiated will be a disaster for the Middle East if he does not come to his senses. Isolating Iran with trade deals among Israel and Arab nations was exactly the right strategy to pursue to balance Iran's power in the area. Negotiating with Iran and sending American troops back into Syria makes absolutely no sense.

I could go down your bullet points of Biden's agenda but there is no point wasting my time and yours. I will wait until his actions fail and then point them out. Gasoline prices will skyrocket under Biden if he continues his crusade against the fossil fuels sector of the economy. The only person in Washington who has been wrong on as many issues as Biden is John Kerry, IMO. If they had their way, we would probably be losing the Cold War with the Soviet Union, assuming that WW III had not already been fought. You might as well start blaming Trump for all of Biden's failures because there will be no relief from them.
(02-23-2021, 11:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You're too late, Comrade Cardfan. China Joe sold this country out years ago. The cost of his influence has far outstripped the rate of inflation. Poor Hunter has been saddled with a 50% Big Guy tax for 30 years.

I hate that for Hunter. 

I doubt that Biden does anything over the next four years that I will find acceptable. So far, most of what he has done has been to rescind Trump's executive orders with no regard for the consequences. His whole agenda has been just like his campaign, anti-Trump. Trump's America first agenda was popular and it was effective. Biden's plan to renew the crooked deal that Obama negotiated will be a disaster for the Middle East if he does not come to his senses. Isolating Iran with trade deals among Israel and Arab nations was exactly the right strategy to pursue to balance Iran's power in the area. Negotiating with Iran and sending American troops back into Syria makes absolutely no sense.

I could go down your bullet points of Biden's agenda but there is no point wasting my time and yours. I will wait until his actions fail and then point them out. Gasoline prices will skyrocket under Biden if he continues his crusade against the fossil fuels sector of the economy. The only person in Washington who has been wrong on as many issues as Biden is John Kerry, IMO. If they had their way, we would probably be losing the Cold War with the Soviet Union, assuming that WW III had not already been fought. You might as well start blaming Trump for all of Biden's failures because there will be no relief from them.
1. Trump did nothing but attempt to erase the Obama presidency. I know you are obtuse, but to fail to acknowledge that is just plain ignorant.  

1a.  Can we please rescind Trump’s presidency?  I’ll just take the dumpster fire that was January 2020 to January 2021.

2. Let’s talk Iran.  Hardline didn’t work. The EU held them off 3 years after Trump left the deal before they started enriching Uranium at high levels again.  Now, why would a country sign on to a treaty when the primary powerhouse may have a numbskull back in office in another four years?  I’m no fan of Iran, but that’s just stupid. We need a United front from right and left to influence them. 

No person has ever been as wrong as you, Hooter.  No one. Please never start gambling. 

Russia can’t win a WWIII they have the sense to know that no one wins.  They just dupe some idiot to do their will.  See DJT.  
and then dupe another 70 million idiots into voting for him...look in mirror, Hooter. Big Grin
(02-23-2021, 11:31 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I hate that for Hunter. 

1. Trump did nothing but attempt to erase the Obama presidency. I know you are obtuse, but to fail to acknowledge that is just plain ignorant.  

1a.  Can we please rescind Trump’s presidency?  I’ll just take the dumpster fire that was January 2020 to January 2021.

2. Let’s talk Iran.  Hardline didn’t work. The EU held them off 3 years after Trump left the deal before they started enriching Uranium at high levels again.  Now, why would a country sign on to a treaty when the primary powerhouse may have a numbskull back in office in another four years?  I’m no fan of Iran, but that’s just stupid. We need a United front from right and left to influence them. 

No person has ever been as wrong as you, Hooter.  No one. Please never start gambling. 

Russia can’t win a WWIII they have the sense to know that no one wins.  They just dupe some idiot to do their will.  See DJT.  
and then dupe another 70 million idiots into voting for him...look in mirror, Hooter. Big Grin
You are the idiot, Comrade Cardfan. Sending a plane loaded with pallets of American cash to Iran was not a viable foreign policy. There is no way anybody can honestly argue that the Obama/Biden Middle East policy was a success. Trump's policies crippled Al Qaeda's and ISIS's operations in Iraq and Syria. Obama and Biden were in office for 8 years and failed to negotiate a single peace treaty in the Middle East and gifted Iran billions of dollars. The Iran deal that the idiots negotiated did nothing to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Now, Biden is hoping to throw more good money after bad.
(02-23-2021, 11:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Do you think China celebrated Biden's inauguration because they believe that he will be tougher to deal with than Trump was? What kind of fool, aside from Comrade vector, do you expect to believe that to be true? A Biden presidency was China's dream and it is why they have been investing in the Biden family for so many years.

You are the idiot, Comrade Cardfan. Sending a plane loaded with pallets of American cash to Iran was not a viable foreign policy. There is no way anybody can honestly argue that the Obama/Biden Middle East policy was a success. Trump's policies crippled Al Qaeda's and ISIS's operations in Iraq and Syria. Obama and Biden were in office for 8 years and failed to negotiate a single peace treaty in the Middle East and gifted Iran billions of dollars. The Iran deal that the idiots negotiated did nothing to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Now, Biden is hoping to throw more good money after bad.

Nope. I did not vote for Trump, so not an idiot. Big Grin  might be my saving grace. 

well...they were not making nuclear weapons after treaty.  They started making nuclear weapons post treaty. How much more evidence do you need?   

Trump followed Obama’s policy on terrorism.  

I always love that Iran cash conversation... what a tell that Rush told you what to think. 

FWIW, the focus on the Middle East is garbage. I support both the expansion of fossil fuels and renewable fuels here in this hemisphere, so we can let that region burn.

(02-23-2021, 10:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Do you think China celebrated Biden's inauguration because they believe that he will be tougher to deal with than Trump was? What kind of fool, aside from Comrade vector, do you expect to believe that to be true? A Biden presidency was China's dream and it is why they have been investing in the Biden family for so many years.

Nope. I did not vote for Trump, so not an idiot. Big Grin  might be my saving grace. 

well...they were not making nuclear weapons after treaty.  They started making nuclear weapons post treaty. How much more evidence do you need?   

I always love that Iran cash conversation... what a tell that Rush told you what to think. 

FWIW, the focus on the Middle East is garbage. I support both the expansion of fossil fuels and renewable fuels here in this hemisphere, so we can let that region burn.
(02-24-2021, 12:12 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I guess they were happy someone was in office that may not cause a nuclear Holocaust.  If they wanted more money all they needed was Trump to stay in office.  China was cleaning our clock.

(02-23-2021, 10:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I guess they were happy someone was in office that may not cause a nuclear Holocaust.  If they wanted more money all they needed was Trump to stay in office.  China was cleaning our clock.

Are you denying that Obama sent pallets of cash to Iran? Really? What a fool!
(02-24-2021, 12:39 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:12 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 11:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I doubt that Biden does anything over the next four years that I will find acceptable. So far, most of what he has done has been to rescind Trump's executive orders with no regard for the consequences. His whole agenda has been just like his campaign, anti-Trump. Trump's America first agenda was popular and it was effective. Biden's plan to renew the crooked deal that Obama negotiated will be a disaster for the Middle East if he does not come to his senses. Isolating Iran with trade deals among Israel and Arab nations was exactly the right strategy to pursue to balance Iran's power in the area. Negotiating with Iran and sending American troops back into Syria makes absolutely no sense.

(02-23-2021, 11:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I doubt that Biden does anything over the next four years that I will find acceptable. So far, most of what he has done has been to rescind Trump's executive orders with no regard for the consequences. His whole agenda has been just like his campaign, anti-Trump. Trump's America first agenda was popular and it was effective. Biden's plan to renew the crooked deal that Obama negotiated will be a disaster for the Middle East if he does not come to his senses. Isolating Iran with trade deals among Israel and Arab nations was exactly the right strategy to pursue to balance Iran's power in the area. Negotiating with Iran and sending American troops back into Syria makes absolutely no sense.

Are you denying that Obama sent pallets of cash to Iran? Really? What a fool! Your post belongs in the "Dumb Stuff Democrats Say..." thread.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 
https://apnews.com/article/727282bdead64...9936375210

When will you learn that anything Rush told Trump to tell you was lie?

Never ...ok...I get that...over the last few months. You have believed the most ignorant and easily dispelled conspiracies.

Goodness...Hooter, for such an internet genius your internet only goes to the dumb sites. Big Grin
(02-24-2021, 12:54 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://apnews.com/article/727282bdead64...9936375210

When will you learn that anything Rush told Trump to tell you was lie? 

Never ...ok...I get that...over the last few months. You have believed the most ignorant and easily dispelled conspiracies.

Goodness...Hooter, for such an internet genius your internet only goes to the dumb sites. Big Grin
Comrade Cardfan, you need to learn to read for comprehension before you post. I said that Obama sent a plane loaded with pallets of cash to Iran. As you can see in the article below from CBS, that cash transfer took place exactly as I said that it did. You refuted a claim that I never made. This is the kind of dishonesty that has earned you the heavyweight title of BGR liars.

Of course, Obama released many more billions of dollars worth of Iranian frozen assets than the cash payment that Obama sent, but I never claimed that the total was $150 billion. You lied. Again.

Quote:Obama administration acknowledges $1.7B transfer to Iran was all cash

WASHINGTON D.C. -- The Obama administration is acknowledging its transfer of $1.7 billion to Iran earlier this year was made entirely in cash, using non-U.S. currency.\

A Treasury spokeswoman says the cash payments were necessary because of the “effectiveness of U.S. and international sanctions,” which isolated Iran from the international finance system.

The $1.7 billion was the settlement of a decades-old arbitration claim between the U.S. and Iran.

An initial $400 million cash delivery was sent Jan. 17, the same day Tehran agreed to release four American prisoners.
Biden is obviously the better choice, compared to Trump. I mean, I personally do not agree with some of his platforms but I do believe that it can be improved. He has inspired a lot of people and it just gave me goosebumps when he was inaugurated. I think that he will do a great job as president on making America great once more. Let's not judge early and watch him do his work.
Welp...I’m done with Bipartisanship :dodgy:
Dems have wavered to GOP and still NO votes from the right.

So...

Democrat leadership just needs to ask Joe Manchin what he will vote for and do it.
Will you do $11 minimum wage, Joe? Ok pass it.
Joe, can we wipe out 25k student loans and redesign a program for public service. Ok pass it.
What will you do on infrastructure, Joe?

Etc.. etc..etc..
What does WV need, Joe?
(03-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Welp...I’m done with Bipartisanship Dodgy 

So...

Democrat leadership just needs to ask Joe Manchin what he will vote for and do it.
Joe, can we wipe out 25k student loans and redesign a program for public service. Ok pass it.

Etc.. etc..etc..
What does WV need, Joe?
Well WV is one of the most Government Dependent States in the country but they vote for the ones who wants to take it away
But it's a pattern for red states they always vote for the ones who want to take there money
(03-06-2021, 02:25 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

So...

Etc.. etc..etc..
What does WV need, Joe?
Well WV is one of the most Government Dependent States in the country but they vote for the ones who wants to take it away
But it's a pattern for red states they always vote for the ones who want to take there money
West Virginia turned red because Obama and Biden did everything possible to destroy the coal mining industry. If you were ever really a coal miner, you would understand why most West Virginians are still very angry with the Democrats and why Joe Manchin can't vote in lockstep with the socialist/communist wing of your party.
(03-06-2021, 02:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

So...

Etc.. etc..etc..
What does WV need, Joe?
West Virginia turned red because Obama and Biden did everything possible to destroy the coal mining industry. If you were ever really a coal miner, you would understand why most West Virginians are still very angry with the Democrats and why Joe Manchin can't vote in lockstep with the socialist/communist wing of your party.
Quooter the Dear Leader said he was going to put the coal miners back to work 
Guess what he LIED Quooter
(03-06-2021, 02:47 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

So...

Etc.. etc..etc..
What does WV need, Joe?
Liar. West Virginia coal mining jobs increased under the Trump administration from 2017 through 2019. (I'm not sure if COVID impacted the 2020 jobs or not.) A real coal miner would understand how difficult it is to reopen coal mines after they have been closed and coal miners have been forced to find other jobs. It is difficult to justify reopening mines when an election can saddle the industry with a job killing president like China Joe. West Virginians have good reason to hate Obama, Hillary, and Biden. They went to war with the coal industry and West Virginians lost.
(03-06-2021, 03:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 02:47 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

So...

Etc.. etc..etc..
What does WV need, Joe?
Liar. West Virginia coal mining jobs increased under the Trump administration from 2017 through 2019. (I'm not sure if COVID impacted the 2020 jobs or not.) A real coal miner would understand how difficult it is to reopen coal mines after they have been closed and coal miners have been forced to find other jobs. It is difficult to justify reopening mines when an election can saddle the industry with a job killing president like China Joe. West Virginians have good reason to hate Obama, Hillary, and Biden. They went to war with the coal industry and West Virginians lost.
Once again Quooter you are not telling the truth 

Has Trump lived up to his promise to revive the US coal industry? (nsenergybusiness.com)

Well it looks like our Great President Biden in only 45 days get his first big piece of legislation passed
It took the Dear Leader almost a year before he got anything passed
I can live with it with this Covid bill, but ignore Republicans from this point on. Make them vote against every popular measure.
(03-06-2021, 04:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I can live with it with this Covid bill,  but ignore Republicans from this point on.  Make them vote against every popular measure.
Republicans are not going to work with President Biden make them look weak to Trump's Flock
I would make them vote on every single popular separate issue get them on record
This COVID bill seems to be pretty popular with 75% of Americans and even 51% of Republicans supporting it.

What a time to be alive! Democrats doing what Americans need, and Republicans are crying about cartoons.
^^^Lol Trump would have had you $2000 six months ago. You guys are too ignorant to realize you got conned. And your president is the laughing stock of the world.