Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The State "All A Classic" has been cancelled
Due to the winter storm passing through Central Kentucky,, the All "A" State Tournament scheduled to begin on Monday, February 15th, has now been  cancelled completely. I hate that for schools and especially the kids.
Dang I sure hate that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allcity33's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
The announcement came at 12:10pm, just 80 minutes prior to tip-off of the opening game, scheduled for 1:30pm

It came in the form of a one line release:

"THE 2021 All "A" Classic is cancelled. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
Was this because of weather or something else? I know some teams were already in Richmond.
At 9am a statement was issued that the schedule would be played as revised with the first game getting underway at 1:30pm. All appeared to be in order.

Things must have changed dramatically between 9am and 12:10pm when the cancellation statement was released. The things that I know are that Owensboro Catholic chose not to come, and there were transportation issues with West Carter.. Rumors are that the State Police became involved in transportation matters.

At least one game was played despite the tournament being cancelled. I assume it will count as a regular season game played at EKU. The Bethlehem Girls defeated Walton-Verona 57-37.
(02-16-2021, 05:01 PM)mudballer Wrote: Was this because of weather or something else?  I know some teams were already in Richmond.

Yes. Weather
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'm sure this has been gone over already...
but why did they have such a delay between the region tournaments and the state tournament?
I know this is a wild year and nothing is normal.
Just seemed odd to me we had teams starting off the season with the All A Classic at the regional level and then waited a month to play at the state level.
I think the All A people are meeting tomorrow to decide if there’s anyway they can still play the tournament. I heard the suggestion was 1st region plays 2nd region, 3rd plays 4th, 5th plays 6th, and so on. The team with the highest RPI would have home court advantage. Games would begin Feb 19. The second round would be the same way, with the home team being the team with the highest RPI. Semifinals would be at a designated site, of which I heard Transylvania was mentioned.

This is only what I was told. It may be true or may not. And it is only a suggestion to be discussed and voted on, supposedly tomorrow.
Great news! They All A committee meet yesterday and decided to take another shot at completing the "All A Classic". Below is the revised schedule to make it easier to get the first two rounds in.:

First round (to be completed by Thursday) – Owensboro Catholic at Clinton County; Murray at Lyon County; Evangel Christian at Kentucky Country Day (6 p.m. Wednesday); Somerset at Washington County; Robertson County at West Carter; St. Henry at Walton-Verona; Harlan at Lexington Christian; Pikeville at Knott County Central

Quarterfinals (to be completed by March 3) – Murray-Lyon County winner at Owensboro Catholic-Clinton County winner; Somerset-Washington County winner at Evangel Christian-Kentucky Country Day winner; St. Henry-Walton-Verona winner at Robertson County-West Carter winner; Pikeville-Knott County Central winner at Harlan-Lexington Christian winner

Semifinals (at EKU’s McBrayer Arena) – Friday, March 5 at 5 and 7:30 p.m. 

Final (at EKU’s McBrayer Arena) – Saturday, March 6 at 11:30 a.m.