Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 27 Ravens 20
Final from the home opener on MNF! Who Dey Baby! So how did everyone enjoy Chad Johnson's TD Celebration?
well, we (Steelers) still dey, lol......but it was a good game, and a good gut check for Cincy...its gonna be a fun year for the division!
Really good game to watch. Very physical. Both teams played good, but the Bengals defense really surprised me.

WHO DEY!!!
I agree, should be a 3-way race for the division, will be great to watch.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:well, we (Steelers) still dey, lol......but it was a good game, and a good gut check for Cincy...its gonna be a fun year for the division!
I was extremely disappointed in Johnson's TD celebration. He hyped it up so much and it was weak.
Big props go out to the Bengals defense, who carried the team on a night where the offense was sputtering. I wasn't all that surprised that Rudi couldn't get much going against Ray Lewis and crew, but I was disappointed that Carson kept missing open receivers in the first half. With all the short fields he had from the turnovers, we should have had at least 20 points by halftime.

Still, gotta love that defense! They only allowed the Ravens into the end zone once, scored a touchdown of their own, and forced 6 turnovers (including the game-saver). Hopefully this is a good sign of what we may see from these guys the rest of the year.

Now, about that kick coverage... :eek:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ha...and you guys were worried during the preseason.
Beef Wrote:ha...and you guys were worried during the preseason.

Guilty. But then tonight the defense wins the game for them. I was a bit disappointed in the DBs, but the front 7 looked real good and actually got a good pass rush and played solid run defense too.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Defense impressed me to the point that I now feel better about the season outlook. Hopefully, Carson's sub par performance was a blessing in disguise. Maybe he has the bad game out of his system, which was AGAINST a great defense. But him playing that badly while the Bengals still getting the win says alot about the entire team. Good opening game, could not ask for a better outcome.
lol...Fritz, I hate to disagree with you again, but I thought the Cincy D looked great in all phases of the game. They stepped up and made HUGE plays all game night, and disrupted any flow Baltimore got into...like I was saying, this is going to be a great year our division..congrats to your Bengals, I thought they played a smart game. Wasnt their best game offensively, but when your playing the Ravens, your team rarely plays their best offense, with all those words of kindness, I hope my Steelers smash them in the face when we play them, lol!
BFritz Wrote:Guilty. But then tonight the defense wins the game for them. I was a bit disappointed in the DBs, but the front 7 looked real good and actually got a good pass rush and played solid run defense too.
Woo Hoo!! Ocho Cinco baby!! Celebration was weak, but hey there's always next week, and the week after, and the week after, etc.
Big win for the Bengals. Home game against a division opponent. I know it was only the first game but I really thought it was a must game for them. After they way they finished the season last year, they needed to come out and make a statement.

Isn't it funny how much better a defense looks when they come out and ATTACK the line of scrimmage instead of letting the offense dictate to them? You have to be aggessive, take some chances and go after the QB & our D did that last night. Now they need to be consistent, play with that same fire every game & not regress back to their old ways.

The Bengals offense looked sluggish at times, but a defense like the Ravens will do that to you. I know Carson missed some throws, but folks if Carson Palmer is our main conern then we are in great shape. I will put my money on him any day of the week. I'd like to see us throw to the tight end more and we desperately need for that third receiver to emerge. As for the lack of production by the offense in the second half, I put that on the coaches. The Ravens made adjustments at halftime and it didn't look like we did a very good job making adjustments in our gameplan.

Bottom line is we are 1-0. Carson didn't bring his "A game" and we still managed to defeat the defending AFC North champs. No letdowns next week and lets go 2-0.

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol...Fritz, I hate to disagree with you again, but I thought the Cincy D looked great in all phases of the game. They stepped up and made HUGE plays all game night, and disrupted any flow Baltimore got into...like I was saying, this is going to be a great year our division..congrats to your Bengals, I thought they played a smart game. Wasnt their best game offensively, but when your playing the Ravens, your team rarely plays their best offense, with all those words of kindness, I hope my Steelers smash them in the face when we play them, lol!

Don't get me wrong, they didn't look horrible, but the front 7 stole the show, when it's always been the DBs that have been superior. D looked good, win's a win.

Bengal Cat Wrote:Big win for the Bengals. Home game against a division opponent. I know it was only the first game but I really thought it was a must game for them. After they way they finished the season last year, they needed to come out and make a statement.

Isn't it funny how much better a defense looks when they come out and ATTACK the line of scrimmage instead of letting the offense dictate to them? You have to be aggessive, take some chances and go after the QB & our D did that last night. Now they need to be consistent, play with that same fire every game & not regress back to their old ways.

The Bengals offense looked sluggish at times, but a defense like the Ravens will do that to you. I know Carson missed some throws, but folks if Carson Palmer is our main conern then we are in great shape. I will put my money on him any day of the week. I'd like to see us throw to the tight end more and we desperately need for that third receiver to emerge. As for the lack of production by the offense in the second half, I put that on the coaches. The Ravens made adjustments at halftime and it didn't look like we did a very good job making adjustments in our gameplan.

Bottom line is we are 1-0. Carson didn't bring his "A game" and we still managed to defeat the defending AFC North champs. No letdowns next week and lets go 2-0.

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That post is so beautiful.............. Bengals make me happy to wake up in the morning, and I'm pumped and confident.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Guilty. But then tonight the defense wins the game for them. I was a bit disappointed in the DBs, but the front 7 looked real good and actually got a good pass rush and played solid run defense too.

I was actually pleased with Leon Hall, I thought he played very well to be his first game. O'Neal was adequate, but I wish Joseph had been available.

I thought the safeties showed plenty of room for improvement, though. Jackson looks a step slow, and Madieu Williams still did not look like the Madieu of 2005. It is time for him to take a big step forward.

That said, the front 7 was stout! Landon Johnson and Robert Geathers were beasts, and the signing of Lemar Marshall looks like a steal right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well, we (Steelers) still dey, lol......but it was a good game, and a good gut check for Cincy...its gonna be a fun year for the division!

One game a year anyway!~
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
The thing the Bengals need to guard against is a letdown this week in Cleveland. If they were to go in there unprepared and not ready to play, then anything could happen. We see it all the time. A loss to Cleveland would trump the win over the Ravens. So lets stay focused, take care of business by defeating an inferior Browns team then we have some real momentum going into Seattle.

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bengal Cat Wrote:The thing the Bengals need to guard against is a letdown this week in Cleveland. If they were to go in there unprepared and not ready to play, then anything could happen. We see it all the time. A loss to Cleveland would trump the win over the Ravens. So lets stay focused, take care of business by defeating an inferior Browns team then we have some real momentum going into Seattle.

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything could happen, but I think I could line up as a defensive linemen and get to their QB because their offensive line is that bad. Their offense is in a tornado of hell right now, and, with the way our D played against the Ravens, we'll eat the Browns alive.
More Cowbell Wrote:I was actually pleased with Leon Hall, I thought he played very well to be his first game. O'Neal adequatewas , but I wish Joseph had been available.

I thought the safeties showed plenty of room for improvement, though. Jackson looks a step slow, and Madieu Williams still did not look like the Madieu of 2005. It is time for him to take a big step forward.

That said, the front 7 was stout! Landon Johnson and Robert Geathers were beasts, and the signing of Lemar Marshall looks like a steal right now.

I guess I'm not looking at it from the standpoint of him (Hall) being a rookie in his opening regular season game in the NFL, but you're right, looking at it that way, he didn't play too bad, and he'll only improve.

Safeties could have been a lot better, and I think we need O'Neal to play a lot better.

Front 7 was DIRTY, against a line gave up the 2nd least number of sacks last season. Cleveland's line's like a piece of paper, our front 7 will eat it up!
Bengal Cat Wrote:The thing the Bengals need to guard against is a letdown this week in Cleveland. If they were to go in there unprepared and not ready to play, then anything could happen. We see it all the time. A loss to Cleveland would trump the win over the Ravens. So lets stay focused, take care of business by defeating an inferior Browns team then we have some real momentum going into Seattle.

You know, I hope they don't have a letdown this weekend either. But even if they did, I still don't think it would matter. Cleveland would probably struggle to beat LSU! Smile

I am actually hoping that Marvin sees this game for what it really is, a chance to get guys healthy. This is not the game to try to get injured players on the field. That means Levi, Big Willie, Ghiaciuc, Joseph, maybe even Graham, take the day off. Oh, and hopefully we will see Ryan Fitzpatrick under center for the second half, with Carson getting some rest on the sideline.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:You know, I hope they don't have a letdown this weekend either. But even if they did, I still don't think it would matter. Cleveland would probably struggle to beat LSU! Smile

I am actually hoping that Marvin sees this game for what it really is, a chance to get guys healthy. This is not the game to try to get injured players on the field. That means Levi, Big Willie, Ghiaciuc, Joseph, maybe even Graham, take the day off. Oh, and hopefully we will see Ryan Fitzpatrick under center for the second half, with Carson getting some rest on the sideline.

No doubt the Browns are outmatched vrs our Bengals on Sunday and theres no way the Browns should be in this game. All I'm saying is, lets come out with the same fire and intensity we had vs Baltimore and put them away early. Then we might can rest some of those starters. Don't let an inferior team hang around to the point where a fluke play or bad call might cost you the game. (see last seasons game at Tampa Bay). The Browns were embarrassed at home last week vs Pittsburgh and usually after that happens that team is fired up the next game. We beat them 30-0 in Cleveland last year. The very next game KC went into Cleveland still fighting for a playoff spot and lost to the Browns 31-28. I don't think that will happen to us. Im just saying, lets go in there and hit them early & often and get ready to go to Seattle.

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bengal Cat Wrote:No doubt the Browns are outmatched vrs our Bengals on Sunday and theres no way the Browns should be in this game. All I'm saying is, lets come out with the same fire and intensity we had vs Baltimore and put them away early. Then we might can rest some of those starters. Don't let an inferior team hang around to the point where a fluke play or bad call might cost you the game. (see last seasons game at Tampa Bay). The Browns were embarrassed at home last week vs Pittsburgh and usually after that happens that team is fired up the next game. We beat them 30-0 in Cleveland last year. The very next game KC went into Cleveland still fighting for a playoff spot and lost to the Browns 31-28. I don't think that will happen to us. Im just saying, lets go in there and hit them early & often and get ready to go to Seattle.

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with your sentiment about coming out fired up and ready to play. I hope we put up 28 points in the first half and completely put the game away early. And I'm not proposing sitting all the starters from the beginning, a la the last preseason game.

All I'm saying is this is the time to rest some injured players. We don't need Willie or Levi this week to beat the Browns, let them sit it out and get healthy for the Seahawks. Same goes for Jonathan Joseph, Eric Ghiaciuc, and even Graham if he doesn't feel 100%.

But whoever does play, needs to go out and lay the smackdown on the Browns!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell.......who do you see emerging as that third receiver until we can get Henry back?
Bengal Cat Wrote:More Cowbell.......who do you see emerging as that third receiver until we can get Henry back?

Well, I think Tab Perry had a much better game on Monday than the stats would show. I know he didn't catch any balls, but he got himself open several times and Carson didn't get him the ball. I guess their timing isn't there, but to me if the receiver is open he's done his job, and it's up to the QB to get it to him. I was actually fairly disappointed with Palmer's play, with the exception of the deep out to Ocho Cinco, his passes were generally off-target.

I guess I'm trying to say not to give up on Tab Perry so soon. But if it's not going to be him, I would have to say the next most likely guy would be ex-Wildcat Glenn Holt.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]