Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamarcus Russell Agrees To Six Year Deal With Raiders
Just seen it on ESPN, deal is six years worth 68 million dollars. Russell was the last of the first round picks to be signed, and just in case everyone forgot he was the #1 pick out of LSU. So what does everyone think about this deal? I know for one thing its about time!
Bout time.
Tru dat.
Too little too late if he had any chances of playing this season. Their starting QB this past weekend didn't do too bad of a job going 30-40 for over 300 yards and threw just one pick. Also it was their head coaches first game, Janakowski missed 4 FG's, and if not for the late turnovers they would have won the game after coming back from a 17-0 deficit to take a 21-20 lead late in the game. I don't think the Raiders will be the worst team in the league but they will be close to the bottom, maybe 4-5 wins.
You know pro athletes only play for the love of the game. I guess that is why JaMarcus held out into the season. Because I guess to truly love the game you need an insane amount of money. I know that these guys play hard and they deserve good money, but this is ridiculous for an player who hasn't taken a regular season snap and wasn't that outstanding in college.
I totally agree. No one ever heard of him until the Notre Dame game last season.
From NFL.com

Russell update

[Image: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/cat...hefter.jpg] No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell is scheduled to fly Tuesday from Mobile, Ala., to Oakland with the hope of signing his contract and attending the Raiders practice Wednesday.

However, after a negotiating session that went to 1:30 a.m. PT Tuesday, the deal still was not finalized. Russell's representatives still are reviewing the contract's language and want to go over it with Russell and his family.

When signed, it is expected to be a six-year deal. The Raiders then will be granted a two-week roster exemption for Russell.
What other language does he need? He is guaranteed $38 million his first three seasons whether or not he plays a down and could possibly make $68 million over the lenght of the contract. Either he is wanting every penny of the $68 mill or his lawyer/agent can't read. Take what they have offered, Al Davis is very tight with his checkbook and I'm sure he will not up it in any way. He could be trying to pull the same thing Bo Jackson did when he refused to sign with Tampa Bay.