Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 77 Clay County 63
Final from Corbin  .    Teams going in opposite directions .   Fourth straight win for the Hounds . Third straight loss for the Tigers.
Will the administration in Clay ever swallow their pride, admit their mistake and hire a new coach? Or will Clay just sink lower and lower each year? Will Gray leave after this year and the administration then say the new coach isn’t any better even though there’s not nearly the talent there has been the last 3 years? I think everyone would agree that Gray was a bad mistake.
(02-20-2021, 01:02 AM)nedreader Wrote: Will the administration in Clay ever swallow their pride, admit their mistake and hire a new coach?  Or will Clay just sink lower and lower each year?  Will Gray leave after this year and the administration then say the new coach isn’t any better even though there’s not nearly the talent there has been the last 3 years?  I think everyone would agree that Gray was a bad mistake.

I loved watching those Clay teams with Ritchie, Russ, and Russ, even though they beat up on everyone, including us.  Those guys were so good. So fun to watch! Rich, rich history. The last few times I've been to Clay for a game, something's seems amiss. It's just not the same. The magic's gone. Clay won 120 straight at home at one point. Teams were beaten before they took the court. Now, teams go in believing they can win.
Corbin places five players in double figures . Hounds with some nice adjustments at halftime, outscores the Tigers by  20 in the second half .
It’s a shame. Sexton is gonna go down as the man that destroyed clay county basketball. An outsider from Knox. Putting people in positions that can’t do the job. From a talent perspective, three years ago we should of had a great chance to win region, last year should of won the region, this year clearly the second best team with a chance to win it, but nothing to show for it. I really hate it for our county and the kids that has to go through it. The worse thing is that this team is all seniors and the future looks even worse as gray has ran all the other players off. People should run for those board seats and ship him back to Knox. Clay county was a basketball county, but no more. No leadership for the team and a politician for a superintendent. I love clay, but this is ridiculous.
Is Sexton from Knox Co. Never heard of the guy before he was named the super in Clay. He may have done a fine job with academics, finances, etc and he may not know much about sports which is fine. But, whoever he is listening to about the basketball hire doesn’t have a clue.
(02-20-2021, 12:04 PM)nedreader Wrote: Is Sexton from Knox Co.  Never heard of the guy before he was named the super in Clay.  He may have done a fine job with academics, finances, etc and he may not know much about sports which is fine.  But, whoever he is listening to about the basketball hire doesn’t have a clue.
Hoskins (chairman of the board) . Gray (coach) is Hoskins boss at the newspaper.  Sexton (superintendent) afraid he will get voted out if board ain’t happy.  How these clowns get elected for positions is beyond me.  Amon couch was the man that should be and still be the superintendent of clay, he was for the kids and the betterment of the sports programs and academics. He wasn’t a politician that’s for sure.  Look at everything back then how it was and look now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waynes_'s post:
  • 64SUR