Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th 14th Region Rankings
Not been many games played at all the past few days.  Just going on whats happened.  

1.  Hazard - Addition of Duff makes them deeper.
2.  Knott Central
3.  Wolfe County
4.  Breathitt County
5.  Leslie County
6.  Perry Central
7.  Letcher Central
8.  Estill County
9.  Buckhorn
10.  Cordia
I wouldn't have Perry that high, considering that Buckhorn beat them.
I wouldn’t have perry in there at all. Owsley should be in and perry out
Perry lost by 5 at KCC last night I heard. Buckhorn game was a fluke. They had just lost their best player that week also. They do have a 20 point win over Wolfe. Who else can say that? Perry has struggled I agree but they will beat any of the bottom teams on a neutral floor.
I agree that Perry is a bit of an anomaly.
They beat Wolfe in Campton and it wasn’t close.
They had Hazard and Knott on the ropes and let them off the hook, but they’ve also lost to Leslie and Buckhorn.

I don’t see how you can put them really high on any top ten list with their record, but find me a team who WANTS to play Perry in an elimination game this postseason.
Well maybe if Perry had some big time wins against Jackson City, Cordia, Bath County, Menifee County and teams like that I could put them up their with Breathitt and Leslie. Would any of our teams beaten Madison Southern? Probably not. Would any of them beat Knott and Knott. Doubtful. 1 bad game vs Buckhorn just doesnt make them that bad. Maybe Perrys coach needs to schedule a lot of easy wins. Thats how most people here rate these teams. Not quality of their opponents.
Is hazard the real deal? I haven’t got a chance to watch them but from what I’ve been told they turned it around since the start of the season. Only lost 2 games that was at the beginning of the season with the exception of a really good Harlan county team.
Perry is the best 3-9 squad I’ve watched. If they keep playing hard like I’ve seen, and have some people step up and help with scoring, Perry could definitely pull an upset. I was impressed with how they played Knott at Knott. Would have been horrible for Knott to lose at home on senior night for that crew.