Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 57 Paintsville 56
Big win on the road for the Bobcats
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Talk about a team that’s hot!!!!! Nice win on the road.
Big time win for coach Newsome.

Where’s all those dudes saying beat somebody At?

Is at Paintsville good enough?

Bobcats are rolling
Bobcats with their first meaningful win in the Derrick Newsome era. They’ve been playing good Basketball as of late. Right now with they way some things have happened in the Region in the last week. I would have the Bobcats third behind JC and Belfry.
(02-23-2021, 12:34 AM)BoyWonder14 Wrote: Bobcats with their first meaningful win in the Derrick Newsome era.  They’ve been playing good Basketball as of late.  Right now with they way some things have happened in the Region in the last week. I would have the Bobcats third behind JC and Belfry.
“Little” boy wonder. You’ve been pretty quiet since the big Pikeville cancelled their game against BL to play Jenkins and didn’t want no part of rescheduling. I know Pikeville can’t wait til the creeker era is over and you all have moved along.
(02-23-2021, 01:40 AM)BLK Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 12:34 AM)BoyWonder14 Wrote: Bobcats with their first meaningful win in the Derrick Newsome era.  They’ve been playing good Basketball as of late.  Right now with they way some things have happened in the Region in the last week. I would have the Bobcats third behind JC and Belfry.
“Little” boy wonder. You’ve been pretty quiet since the big Pikeville cancelled their game against BL to play Jenkins and didn’t want no part of rescheduling. I know Pikeville can’t wait til the creeker era is over and you all have moved along.
What’s your infatuation with Pikeville?   No one on this thread mention them.   Pikeville has a game against Valley on Saturday and will determine the district 1 seed.  Pikeville doesn’t care about a meaningless regular season game against BL.  They beat them in a neutral site game where the region is also held.   If they meet in the region and BL beats a wounded Pikeville team then congratulations.   

Also you’re response is why some people on this site call out BL fans.  I gave BL credit and you clap back like you all just won the Super Bowl.  I think BL has a good coach who it seems is finally getting the parents to buy in.  

Not every thing in life is about Pikeville man.  As soon as BL fans realize that comparing yourself to Pikeville succees in any sport isn’t worth it the better off their lives will be.   Enjoy BL win over Paintsville and stop trying to bring Pikeville up and living in their shadow. 

One more thing.  You mention Pikeville dodging BL.  What about the last 4 years BL refused to play them.   Even to the extent of dropping out of a Christmas tournament at PBurg cause they got matched up with them?    BL has a decent team now and you got your chest out.    Where’s that same energy the last 4 years?
After watching this game JC is. head and shoulders above these 2 teams.
One more thing and this will be my last comment on BL basketball team that isn’t about a win or a loss. BL fans seem pretty happy with the coach after a good win last night but in the off-season fans like BLK wanted to keep Short. Also BLK didn’t think BL should accept Howell back and he wasn’t the PG BL needed. Maybe he was afraid Howell would take someone else minutes. During the season BL has had parents wanting their kids to quit and have talked to other High Schools about moving their kids. The thing with BL is they can’t get out of their own way. Cheer for every kids success and stop getting mad when someone loses a starting job or doesn’t get to play.

I hope for BL sake that all that behind the scenes noise is done and buys in to what Newsome is trying to build. He will be there for a long time so you either buy in or jump off the boat now. I can guarantee you he doesn’t care what any parent thinks.

Let me see.  Pikeville cancels a game to a team they beat on a neutral site to make sure they get all their district games in bc that's how they determine the #1 seed for district tourney unlike the 58th who will only take the 1st meeting. Yep BLK you hit the nail on the head their dodging alright haha.  They do what they normally do at Pikeville and that's care about hanging banners at BL well they celebrated that paintsville win like they won the 57 district tournament I mean I seen live feed that they stormed the court and they're was even a mentioning of going to Disney world bc of it.  Act like you all have been there before.  I know it's far and few between times but you have won meaningful games in the past 100 years.  Act like it.  Fans like you is the reason no1 can get behind the school when they do good things.  
(02-23-2021, 09:52 AM)Nolietotell Wrote:

Let me see.  Pikeville cancels a game to a team they beat on a neutral site to make sure they get all their district games in bc that's how they determine the #1 seed for district tourney unlike the 58th who will only take the 1st meeting. Yep BLK you hit the nail on the head their dodging alright haha.  They do what they normally do at Pikeville and that's care about hanging banners at BL well they celebrated that paintsville win like they won the 57 district tournament I mean I seen live feed that they stormed the court and they're was even a mentioning of going to Disney world bc of it.  Act like you all have been there before.  I know it's far and few between times but you have won meaningful games in the past 100 years.  Act like it.  Fans like you is the reason no1 can get behind the school when they do good things.  
Well if they would’ve won the 57th it wouldve been a hell of a thing to celebrate since they play in the 58th ??. 

great win bobcats celebrate all you want winning is suppose to be fun. Keep it up!!
(02-23-2021, 06:54 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:

Well if they would’ve won the 57th it wouldve been a hell of a thing to celebrate since they play in the 58th ??. 

great win bobcats celebrate all you want winning is suppose to be fun. Keep it up!!

Whoops that one went over your head I'm sorry.  I was being Very Very Sarcastic.  They played paintsville at paintsville and won which is why I stated 57th.  I'm shocked I gotta explain that one.  But yeah you're right winning is supposed to be fun but it's also supposed to be classy.  Not storming the court on a regular season match-up and coming into that game if I'm right IMSN WPRG D&D all had BL ranked above the tigers so shouldn't they have won that game anyways. It was a good win for them it was their first legit win against a regional contender in years but Like I said many many times in the past the Fans destroy it for the kids.  Mostly adult fans....  anything else you care for me to explain or put into more simple words for ya southeast
(02-23-2021, 07:10 PM)Nolietotell Wrote:

Whoops that one went over your head I'm sorry.  I was being Very Very Sarcastic.  They played paintsville at paintsville and won which is why I stated 57th.  I'm shocked I gotta explain that one.  But yeah you're right winning is supposed to be fun but it's also supposed to be classy.  Not storming the court on a regular season match-up and coming into that game if I'm right IMSN WPRG D&D all had BL ranked above the tigers so shouldn't they have won that game anyways. It was a good win for them it was their first legit win against a regional contender in years but Like I said many many times in the past the Fans destroy it for the kids.  Mostly adult fans....  anything else you care for me to explain or put into more simple words for ya southeast
No I’m good on the explanations I don’t need a dude from the head of the holler who thinks he’s cool because he can claim Pikeville now explaining anything to me. If you are so salty you can’t let kids enjoy a win not much more I can say. Derrick has the bobcat train rolling it’s sure to bring haters out. I don’t care if they had a parade down Main Street. They have plenty to be happy about. Have zero clue about parent crap no do I care I saw a bunch of happy ones last night. BBFL. We’ll see you in a couple weeks if you are lucky enough to make it.
(02-23-2021, 07:35 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 01:40 AM)BLK Wrote: Let me see.  Pikeville cancels a game to a team they beat on a neutral site to make sure they get all their district games in bc that's how they determine the #1 seed for district tourney unlike the 58th who will only take the 1st meeting. Yep BLK you hit the nail on the head their dodging alright haha.  They do what they normally do at Pikeville and that's care about hanging banners at BL well they celebrated that paintsville win like they won the 57 district tournament I mean I seen live feed that they stormed the court and they're was even a mentioning of going to Disney world bc of it.  Act like you all have been there before.  I know it's far and few between times but you have won meaningful games in the past 100 years.  Act like it.  Fans like you is the reason no1 can get behind the school when they do good things.  

No I’m good on the explanations I don’t need a dude from the head of the holler who thinks he’s cool because he can claim Pikeville now explaining anything to me. If you are so salty you can’t let kids enjoy a win not much more I can say. Derrick has the bobcat train rolling it’s sure to bring haters out. I don’t care if they had a parade down Main Street. They have plenty to be happy about. Have zero clue about parent crap no do I care I saw a bunch of happy ones last night. BBFL. We’ll see you in a couple weeks if you are lucky enough to make it.

Haha obviously you did need the explanation bc I had to give you one I asked if you needed more. And I don't think I'm cool bc I claim pikeville I could care less about being cool something I like about pikevile is 1 I have friends and family that attend there and 2 they like to win and so do I  yea I may not of been a all time greats or even a good hs player but there's something I got that you probably don't. Pieces of nets from championship teams that I contributed to in HS.  Yes pieces as in multiple from districts to regions.  The thing is coach Newsome does have them going at what seems to be the right time but it still isn't post season.  Anything happens then.  The bobcats were rolling this time last year and lost to pburg.  Heck 2 years ago everyone had gave up on FC and their 2 regular season wins but yet they rolled into districts and went home the Champs.  Like I stated the fans ruin it just like BLK and just like you.  players never asked for adults to act the way they do  thats why I never say anything about the kids.they can celebrate ever how they want but for adults to act like they just won a state championship when they actually won a regular season match-up against a team they're ranked ahead of is embarrassing There's a couple of Bl fans on here that see it for what it is and I respect them.  And its funny you say I'm salty I played all 4 years in HS and if I recall correctly BL only watched my team and I cut down nets and they never got to themselves ANY of the years. Even cut down nets in the infamous DOME.  So how's that being salty. 
Impressive win for the Betsy Layne program. Congrats!
(02-23-2021, 08:44 PM)Nolietotell Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:54 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote: Well if they would’ve won the 57th it wouldve been a hell of a thing to celebrate since they play in the 58th ??. 

Haha obviously you did need the explanation bc I had to give you one I asked if you needed more. And I don't think I'm cool bc I claim pikeville I could care less about being cool something I like about pikevile is 1 I have friends and family that attend there and 2 they like to win and so do I  yea I may not of been a all time greats or even a good hs player but there's something I got that you probably don't. Pieces of nets from championship teams that I contributed to in HS.  Yes pieces as in multiple from districts to regions.  The thing is coach Newsome does have them going at what seems to be the right time but it still isn't post season.  Anything happens then.  The bobcats were rolling this time last year and lost to pburg.  Heck 2 years ago everyone had gave up on FC and their 2 regular season wins but yet they rolled into districts and went home the Champs.  Like I stated the fans ruin it just like BLK and just like you.  players never asked for adults to act the way they do  thats why I never say anything about the kids.they can celebrate ever how they want but for adults to act like they just won a state championship when they actually won a regular season match-up against a team they're ranked ahead of is embarrassing There's a couple of Bl fans on here that see it for what it is and I respect them.  And its funny you say I'm salty I played all 4 years in HS and if I recall correctly BL only watched my team and I cut down nets and they never got to themselves ANY of the years. Even cut down nets in the infamous DOME.  So how's that being salty. 

No lies to tell as a user name is a sure sign you rarely tell the truth and are self conscious knowing people know that about you. If you have net pieces you stole them or bought them on eBay. I knew you’d be along to stick up for the fam when you got out of bed. You and your friend boy wonder keep a closer eye on BL than you do UK. Bobcats at heart I guess. Getting excited when they fail and making fun of any small accomplishment. 

I’ve been on here for years and rarely comment on anything. After watching you 2 and the milkcrate/pizza roll boy post your BS it didn’t take long to figure out why you are so concerned.  

And I don’t have anything against Pikeville little boy wonder. They got a good coach and probably some good kids from Pikeville. I don’t see none of the regular Pikeville kids tripping players on other teams and acting like cocky brats. Only the imports. And who plays on BL team means nothing to me. With this new equality act I might worry about it in the future if any of these guys decide to play on the girls team. I think the coach is doing good and like watching them play every chance I get. They must be playing the right ones so more power to them. 

As far as going to Disney and storming the courts I think that guy has something wrong with him (special needs ?‍♂️). I’d be ashamed if I was you to make fun of him. 

They probably haven’t been there before so they can’t be cool like you. I just hope BL don’t cancel the rest of the season cause your not behind them. That would be awful. (That’s sarcastic for short bus’ers). 

#creekersinmaroon
#legendsonthecreek

And “southeast18”, $5 says he didn’t know the difference in 57th and 58th. 
(02-27-2021, 11:53 PM)BLK Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:54 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote: Well if they would’ve won the 57th it wouldve been a hell of a thing to celebrate since they play in the 58th ??. 

No lies to tell as a user name is a sure sign you rarely tell the truth and are self conscious knowing people know that about you. If you have net pieces you stole them or bought them on eBay. I knew you’d be along to stick up for the fam when you got out of bed. You and your friend boy wonder keep a closer eye on BL than you do UK. Bobcats at heart I guess. Getting excited when they fail and making fun of any small accomplishment. 

I’ve been on here for years and rarely comment on anything. After watching you 2 and the milkcrate/pizza roll boy post your BS it didn’t take long to figure out why you are so concerned.  

And I don’t have anything against Pikeville little boy wonder. They got a good coach and probably some good kids from Pikeville. I don’t see none of the regular Pikeville kids tripping players on other teams and acting like cocky brats. Only the imports. And who plays on BL team means nothing to me. With this new equality act I might worry about it in the future if any of these guys decide to play on the girls team. I think the coach is doing good and like watching them play every chance I get. They must be playing the right ones so more power to them. 

As far as going to Disney and storming the courts I think that guy has something wrong with him (special needs ?‍♂️). I’d be ashamed if I was you to make fun of him. 

They probably haven’t been there before so they can’t be cool like you. I just hope BL don’t cancel the rest of the season cause your not behind them. That would be awful. (That’s sarcastic for short bus’ers). 

#creekersinmaroon
#legendsonthecreek

And “southeast18”, $5 says he didn’t know the difference in 57th and 58th

Hey BLK.  go and look and see what I haven't told the truth on here  about.   Everything I've said has been nothing but facts Bd that's the thing with You And your crew you can't handle cold hard facts.  Everything is in black and white but you don't want to look at it.  And as far as the net pieces. I was apart of 2 regional championship teams and a 3 time district champion.  Can you say the same.  I bet not.  See you get on here after bl rattles off a decent win and pikeville has a loss but where was you the other night when they got ran out of the gym.  It was all crickets  see the problem I have and I've had it with BL fans for over 20 years is that when you win you run your mouth how everyone better look out but when you lose its nothing but excuses. And when you do win very rarely it is but when you do you want the media to go all out.  Actually I can recall a certain player on the team getting recognition on a media outlet and his poor little daddy didn't think the article was written good enough so he had to throw a fit on the media guy. Again not the kids fault. But the parents.  Daddy must've been trying to live through his boys eyes just because he never won anything.   And its funny idk the difference between the 57th and 58th. Seems like I won a few of those 58th titles.
(02-27-2021, 11:53 PM)BLK Wrote:

#creekersinmaroon
#legendsonthecreek

And “southeast18”, $5 says he didn’t know the difference in 57th and 58th. 
Listen man idk who you are and frankly don’t care but I commented on this post saying it was a good win for BL and then you come at me.   I never mentioned any kids as they are minors and it isn’t the right thing to do.   Would you please stop talking about the kids that once played at BL in Elementary school. Get over them dude.   No one brings them up on here in a negative light except butt hurt BL fans like you.  Heck the majority of Bl fans don’t care as they have moved on a long time ago as I’m sure those kids did too.   I comment on Bl post because it seems like it’s the only threads on here.   I watch 15th region basketball.  One good thing from Covid is I can watch them all from home.  I watch the Belfry and East ridge game last night but no one makes a thread on that game.    

Just keeps kids out of it man.  I’m sure if you have a problem with those kids families you can contact them yourself.    I gave an opinion on the Bl game and commented on Newsome coaching.
This thread has played out.