Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 56 Clay County 54
Final,  Uoset on Log Mountain
Well I thought Clay’s schedule was the easiest I have ever seen them play, but I guess I was mistaken. Schedule must be pretty rough with an 9 - 5 record. Really hard to believe with the players they have on the team.
Pretty decent lead again...this time in the 4th qtr. Feel bad for the kids...
My oh my oh my....  The obvious question - was the talent and expectations for this class overblown or was the talent there and just not sufficiently developed the last few years?
(02-23-2021, 01:21 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: My oh my oh my....  The obvious question - was the talent and expectations for this class overblown or was the talent there and just not sufficiently developed the last few years?
The talent is there in this class but I believe a toddler could have done a better job with this group that the current coach.  It's sad that small town politics have destroyed the Clay County basketball tradition and program.  I really feel bad for the kids but because of who the coach is and the connections that are there no one will stand up and say anything.  If any other coach would have had the results that the current coach has in his career...he would have been ran off several years ago.  Clay had a very easy schedule this year and has already got 5 losses....with multiple losses coming at home.
I don't fully get all the negativity on Clay County right now, they last to North Laurel (who hasn't?), split with Corbin, Pulaski County (not a great loss but not terrible), Knox Central on the road, and Bell County on the road. I get Clay County is expected to win region titles year in and year out, but they haven't had a horrible year like some are acting.
I think Bell was 7th or 8th coming into the year - not sure it's that big of an upset...
(02-23-2021, 07:28 PM)HCS Wrote: I think Bell was 7th or 8th coming into the year - not sure it's that big of an upset...

Definitely was not that big of an upset. Certainly not terribly surprised that Bell won.  Other than North , the 13th has been schizophrenic this season. It's North, then six or seven teams that could win against each other on a given night.
I think it’s more than just this year. I think it’s the underachieving the last 3 years. How about making those that were responsible for the hire wear shirts that say “We hired Coach Gray and we’re proud of it!” ?
(02-23-2021, 02:29 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: I don't fully get all the negativity on Clay County right now, they last to North Laurel (who hasn't?), split with Corbin, Pulaski County (not a great loss but not terrible), Knox Central on the road, and Bell County on the road. I get Clay County is expected to win region titles year in and year out, but they haven't had a horrible year like some are acting.
You must not be from Clay or you would understand.  This group of kids should at the very least have 1 region title already but instead they have only played in one regional tournament.  Corbin talent wise is not better than Clay but they have a better coach.......Pulaski surely isn't better but evidently have a better coach.......North is hands down better but getting beat down by that many on your home court shows Clay doesn't have a coach.......Bell talent wise is no where near Clay...but I'd take Sizemore as a coach any day of the week......Knox is a good team but a coach would have a game plan to neutralize Turner.....and of course Clay doesn't.......do you see the common denominator in all this equation???????  So yes every Clay fan has a right to be negative and critical because most fans knew this was going to happen 3 years ago when they forced Marcum out and hired what they have now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cchsfan4life's post:
  • nedreader