Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie Frye Traded To Seattle Seahawks
Just seen it on ESPNews. Played one half with the Browns and looked absolutely horrible so they trade him to Seattle for an undisclosed draft pick. So the duties of quarterbacking has been left to Derek Anderson and possibly Brady Quinn? What does everyone think?
Good news for all the Quinn supporters. I saw this as well. Now that Frye is gone do they even have a QB to fill in for the 3rd string spot?
Nope, Quinn was the third string man, Anderson being the second and Frye was the starter. So they now only have 2 QB's with no experience what so ever. They will more than likely go out and try to sign someone with at least some experience.

GRIZZ Wrote:Good news for all the Quinn supporters. I saw this as well. Now that Frye is gone do they even have a QB to fill in for the 3rd string spot?
I would say they may want to go after Byron Leftwich but I believe be got picked up by the Giants.
GRIZZ Wrote:Good news for all the Quinn supporters. I saw this as well. Now that Frye is gone do they even have a QB to fill in for the 3rd string spot?

HORRIBLE news for the Quinn supporters. Cleveland's line is horirble, if they throw him in there with no experience, he'll get killed and never recover- Tim Couch all over again.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I hope Quinn sees a little time this season but not like Couch. I'm just glad Frye is outta there. He looked worse than anybody I've ever seen yesterday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cleveland is signing Ken Dorsey, who they just let go a few days ago.
They have Quinn as 2nd now.
BFritz Wrote:HORRIBLE news for the Quinn supporters. Cleveland's line is horirble, if they throw him in there with no experience, he'll get killed and never recover- Tim Couch all over again.

Could be Tim Couch all over again but then again it may not. Quinn is already a fan favorite because he is from Dublin, OH, he wants to be there, so they may cut him a little more slack. The Browns have been around 8 seasons and Tim was going in on an expansion team. The fans know how bad the Browns have been unlike Tim because the Dog Pound had high expectations for the Browns during Tim's time there due to their past and were anxious to finally have a football team back after their last one moved to Baltimore. If Quinn can win 5-6 games throughout the season, with a possible upset of Cincinnati or Pittsburgh he will be a hero.
GRIZZ Wrote:Could be Tim Couch all over again but then again it may not. Quinn is already a fan favorite because he is from Dublin, OH, he wants to be there, so they may cut him a little more slack. The Browns have been around 8 seasons and Tim was going in on an expansion team. The fans know how bad the Browns have been unlike Tim because the Dog Pound had high expectations for the Browns during Tim's time there due to their past and were anxious to finally have a football team back after their last one moved to Baltimore. If Quinn can win 5-6 games throughout the season, with a possible upset of Cincinnati or Pittsburgh he will be a hero.

OK, but while the line's still horrible, all the pressure may not let him develop into an NFL QB.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
^True. Joey Harrington comes to mind as one.
One thing's for sure, this is the best possible thing that could've happened to Charlie Frye! A person would have to be crazy to want to play behind that sorry line in Cleveland...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]