Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 90 Madison Central 69
Final from Richmond.    Jags go on the road and win convincingly against  a pretty nice Madison Central team to improve to 17-0 .

Sheppard's numbers :     43 /  6 /  8  / 6 .      He's pretty good.
When you shoot that much your bound to some of them.
(02-24-2021, 01:19 AM)predict_proba Wrote: When you shoot that much your bound to some of them.

Obviously, you've never seen this kid play. He takes very few bad shots. And he is one of the better passers I've seen in a long time, not a selfish player at all. So next time at least have something to base it on when you are going to be critical of someone.
Sheppard is hands down the best player in the state regardless of class in my opinion. He can’t win Mr. Basketball but he can Gatorade player of the year in KY and I would almost guarantee he wins it.
(02-24-2021, 08:21 AM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 01:19 AM)predict_proba Wrote: When you shoot that much your bound to some of them.

Obviously, you've never seen this kid play.  He takes very few bad shots.  And he is one of the better passers I've seen in a long time, not a selfish player at all.  So next time at least have something to base it on when you are going to be critical of someone.

Absolutely.  Like all really good players, Sheppard makes his teammates better.
Apparently you have no knowledge of this kid.  If Sheppard shot as much as he should he would average 60 points a game.  He is hands down the best sophomore in the state and possibly the best player period.  He is the most unselfish player with that type of talent that I have seen in a long time.  I know a lot of people thinks he should go to a prep school, but I personally would like this North team to stay together for the next few years.  They have the potential to do special things in Laurel County.......and this is coming from a bitter rival and Clay County fan.
(02-24-2021, 12:59 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Final from Richmond.    Jags go on the road and win convincingly against  a pretty nice Madison Central team to improve to 17-0 .

Sheppard's numbers :     43 /  6 /  8  / 6 .   
I haven’t seen many of the players that might be considered the top 5 or 6 players in the state this year but Reed Shepherd is probably the best sophomore I have seen in the mountains maybe ever. The amount of skills and athleticism along with BB IQ and ability to elevate the players around him makes him IMO the best all around sophomore I have probably ever seen in the WYMT mountain area.....I have got to believe there is probably not a better combination guard in the state and I would guess he ranks very high among the best guards in the country in the sophomore class.
I just hope Calipari gives this kid the amount of attention and respect he has earned and offers him a scholly sometime in the not to distant future...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black Bear Cuz's post:
  • Old School Hound
Reed keeps on progressing, hes NBA bound. He better go somewhere he can get on the floor. At UK, who knows. Not to many KY boys get to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • CriticalThinker
Looking at the stats Reed is shooting 55% from the field and 40% from 3. So it’s not like he is forcing up horrible shots. He averages about 22 shots per game so to shoot 55% is unbelievable.

Also is there any Facebook or YouTube pages that have some of North Laurel’s games this year? I would love to watch some of their games.
Showdown between North Laurel vs. Lex Catholic will be televised on Lexington/ WKYT on Saturday, March 6 @2PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Mister D
(02-24-2021, 01:34 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Reed keeps on progressing, hes NBA bound.  He better go somewhere he can get on the floor.  At UK, who knows.  Not to many KY boys get to play.

Not too many KY boys get to play because not too many KY boys are good enough to play at UK.
(02-24-2021, 12:13 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
Apparently you have no knowledge of this kid.  If Sheppard shot as much as he should he would average 60 points a game.  He is hands down the best sophomore in the state and possibly the best player period.  He is the most unselfish player with that type of talent that I have seen in a long time.  I know a lot of people thinks he should go to a prep school, but I personally would like this North team to stay together for the next few years.  They have the potential to do special things in Laurel County.......and this is coming from a bitter rival and Clay County fan.

Thanks for supporting the 13th region. I always root for our 13th region kids and teams. I'm like you, I want to see Reed stay at North and maybe win a state title. Plus, from a selfish standpoint, I want to keep seeing this kid play.  It might benefit Corbin or Clay to see that  North Laurel team broken up, but I want to see how far they can take it.    When Clay or Harlan or one of the other 13th region teams play a Lexington or Northern KY school, I always root for our 13th region kids.

(02-24-2021, 02:26 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: Showdown between North Laurel vs. Lex Catholic will be televised on Lexington/ WKYT on Saturday, March 6 @2PM

I'm more interested in that one than any college game I've watched this year.
All the good KY boys usually go to other schools and do pretty well.
(02-24-2021, 08:49 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: All the good KY boys usually go to other schools and do pretty well.

Who in the last 5 years? Quentin Goodin is all I can think of.
(02-24-2021, 10:01 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 08:49 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: All the good KY boys usually go to other schools and do pretty well.

Quinton Snider, Justin Johnson, Tavion Hollingsworth, Carson Williams, Braxton Beverly. All have had good college careers. All of them over 1,000 points aside from Beverly. must not have thought too hard

(02-24-2021, 11:16 PM)i pocoboy18 Wrote:

Quinton Snider, Justin Johnson, Tavion Hollingsworth, Carson Williams, Braxton Beverly. All have had good college careers. All of them over 1,000 points aside from Beverly. must not have thought too hard
Cameron Justice as well had a pretty decent college career
Cal better get this kid signed!
Kid named Braxton Beverly at NC State ring a bell?

Braxton Beverly is the first that came to my mind. I think he made more threes in his first two seasons than any player in school history.
Beverly: 9, 1, and 1 in his best season
Justice: 10 and 1 at WKU

If that’s your definition of pretty good then that’s fair.
The players mentioned were great high school players, but to act like Kentucky is missing out on high level basketball players in the state is laughable.
Justin Johnson and Evan Hall done well. Think Johnson is playing over in Italy right now. Just because your not a Dairy Queen All American doesnt mean you couldnt help UK. UK has lost to a lot less talented kids this season.
(02-25-2021, 01:33 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Justin Johnson and Evan Hall done well.  Think Johnson is playing over in Italy right now.  Just because your not a Dairy Queen All American doesnt mean you couldnt help UK.  UK has lost to a lot less talented kids this season.
you are correct about Johnson, and exactly, that was my point to begin with. Kentucky has missed out on some in state players that could help us tremendously, saying we haven’t is like saying Darius Miller or Derek Willis wouldn’t have helped us. Obviously they did, so. But, that guy can have his opinion i guess lol
That's the kind of arrogance that has helped UK get to this point this season. There's no reason you don't try to mix in a Kentucky kid or two every year with the first-round NBA guys who are gone after one season.
(02-26-2021, 11:13 AM)HCS Wrote: That's the kind of arrogance that has helped UK get to this point this season. There's no reason you don't try to mix in a Kentucky kid or two every year with the first-round NBA guys who are gone after one season.

I agree.  And there is empirical evidence from the past which indicates that is a successful formula.