Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underdogs and most improved teams of 2020-21
So, who do you guys think is the underrated teams in each region (14th, 15th & 16th) and most improved teams since the year has began.  This years regional tournament and district tournaments will be very interesting over here in the 15th.

MY PREDICTIONS:

Underrated- Shelby Valley/Betsy Layne

Most Improved- Pike Central
14th
Underrated: Perry Central
Most Improved: Breathitt
In the 15th, I think East Ridge is much improved. They could be a dangerous team in the 59th District Tournament in that first round game.
(02-25-2021, 01:10 PM)FrozenColonel Wrote: So, who do you guys think is the underrated teams in each region (14th, 15th & 16th) and most improved teams since the year has began.  This years regional tournament and district tournaments will be very interesting over here in the 15th.

MY PREDICTIONS:

I would agree with you on most improved and half of the underrated  valley seems to be overlooked alot. I would also add magoffin and east ridge in on the underrated.  The 57th and 59th again will be the hardest districts and they produce 7 of the top 10 teams in the region.
(02-25-2021, 01:48 PM)clipperw Wrote: In the 15th, I think East Ridge is much improved. They could be a dangerous team in the  59th District Tournament in that first round game.
That's who I was going to say. Don't know if ER will even make it into the regional tournament but nobody is looking forward to playing them.
(02-25-2021, 09:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 01:48 PM)clipperw Wrote: In the 15th, I think East Ridge is much improved. They could be a dangerous team in the  59th District Tournament in that first round game.
That's who I was going to say. Don't know if ER will even make it into the regional tournament but nobody is looking forward to playing them.
Oh definitely.  ER impressed me the other night.  other than Sykes they are small but they know how to play.  It sucks for one of those teams in that district bc 3 of them is well deserving of a spot in the Regional tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FrozenColonel's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-25-2021, 01:10 PM)FrozenColonel Wrote: So, who do you guys think is the underrated teams in each region (14th, 15th & 16th) and most improved teams since the year has began.  This years regional tournament and district tournaments will be very interesting over here in the 15th.

MY PREDICTIONS:

I don't think SV is underrated. Lost to Pikeville twice (by 16 at home), lost by 24 to JC at home, lost to Magoffin at home, lost to ER by 17. Not underrated, but still could have a shot to win the 15th.
East Ridge will be the favorite in the 59th!  They clicking at the right time~
(02-26-2021, 11:25 PM)Sports72 Wrote: East Ridge will be the favorite in the 59th!  They clicking at the right time~
If it's played at ER, yes. At Pikeville or SV, no.