Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wolfe County 88 GRC 79
Final from Rose Gymnasium. Great win for a Wolfe
[-] The following 1 user Likes pocoboy18's post:
  • Wolfeman
Wow! Awesome win.
This is the Wolfe County team we all expected. They played as a team and took open shots.
WOW - that is a big time win for Wolfe - GRC is a great team and considered a top team in the state and favorite to win their region, big statement by Wolfe County
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoop's post:
  • Wolfeman
Probably the most well rounded team game I’ve seen Wolfe play in several years. They didn’t just win the game they CONTROLLED the game throughout. Wolfe rebounded as well as I’ve seen them, and that’s against a much larger and more athletic team. The Wolfe team that play d last night can win the district and region. Now they just have to put it all together for 4 straight games.
Watched this game on bluegrass sports nation Facebook page and Wolfe County did control the game from start to finish. Johnson and Tolson looked like one of the best backcourts in the state, and everybody for Wolfe really played well, that was a great win , the Wolves will be hard to beat in the postseason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eky.sports.fan's post:
  • Wolfeman
Congratulations to the Wolves. Way to represent the 14th region!
This is a big time win as GRC is a top 10 team in the state when they have their full squad and I learned over the weekend that they were at full strength for this game at Wolfe . From the boxscore it looked like Jaz Johnson and Wilgus Tolson put on a show and all the other players did their thing as well. Was this game on livestream and still available to watch, anyone know ? One of the best wins by a 14th region team in a long time in my opinion.
(03-01-2021, 03:27 PM)eky.sports.fan Wrote: This is a big time win as GRC is a top 10 team in the state when they have their full squad and I learned over the weekend that they were at full strength for this game at Wolfe .  From the boxscore it looked like Jaz Johnson and Wilgus Tolson put on a show  and all the other players did their thing as well.  Was this game on livestream and still available to watch, anyone know ?  One of the best wins by a 14th region team in a long time in my opinion.
Bluegrass Sports Nation has the game on their FB page.
Awesome win!! Love to see wolf county win against the big boys
Wolfe has a nice team. Johnson can absolutely fill it up. Him and Pelfrey of Hazard are well above the rest in the 14th IMO. I will say that Wolfe has an absolute head case on the team. Anyone familiar with the team knows who I’m talking about. There’s actually a couple but this one sticks out more than the other. Has either one caused the team to lose yet for doing something foolish? I ask because it looks as if it could happen at anytime and that would be a shame if it were to happen during district or region.
(03-08-2021, 12:22 AM)Huggy_Bear Wrote: Wolfe has a nice team.  Johnson can absolutely fill it up.  Him and Pelfrey of Hazard are well above the rest in the 14th IMO.  I will say that Wolfe has an absolute head case on the team.  Anyone familiar with the team knows who I’m talking about.  There’s actually a couple but this one sticks out more than the other.  Has either one caused the team to lose yet for doing something foolish?  I ask because it looks as if it could happen at anytime and that would be a shame if it were to happen during district or region.
Not very classy Huggy Bear calling a high school student athlete that you know nothing about a head case. From what I’ve seen Wolfe has a team full of kids that play their butts off most games. Maybe focus on promoting student athletes instead of downing them. Just my opinion.
Anyone who has watched Wolfe play knows exactly what I’m talking. It’s not hard to see. Change the wording from head case to anger issues, whatever makes you feel better. All I’m saying is, it’s noticeable enough that it wouldn’t surprise me to see Wolfe lose an important game because of it. Carry on.
I am not a fan of calling any of the players out on a forum, they are kids and this year has been especially diffiicult for many reasons. Let the coaches deal with whatever issues a team has or a player may have. With that being said I think when the big games start, Wolfe County will be ready to respond, they have a strong group of seniors and seniors just play different when it elimination time.
(03-08-2021, 12:22 AM)Huggy_Bear Wrote: Wolfe has a nice team.  Johnson can absolutely fill it up.  Him and Pelfrey of Hazard are well above the rest in the 14th IMO.  I will say that Wolfe has an absolute head case on the team.  Anyone familiar with the team knows who I’m talking about.  There’s actually a couple but this one sticks out more than the other.  Has either one caused the team to lose yet for doing something foolish?  I ask because it looks as if it could happen at anytime and that would be a shame if it were to happen during district or region.
Wolfe has the most talent filled roster in the region. If they all stick to business and play as a team, they’ll roll through the district and regional tournaments. If they lose focus and revert back to old habits, they could possibly lose in the first game. It’s just my opinion, but I think once it’s all said and done, they’ll be going to the sweet 16 for the first time in school history.