Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vindication for Ron DeSantis
Governor Ron DeSantis's pandemic record puts those of California and New York to shame, as Florida's economy continues to thrive.

Quote:Vindication for Ron DeSantis
The media vilified him for rejecting harsh lockdowns. But Florida’s Covid-19 numbers are better than California’s or New York’s, and its economy thrives.

In the early months of the coronavirus pandemic, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo imposed strict lockdown policies—many still in place—and became the media’s golden boy. “The governor of New York’s morning news conferences have become part of the country’s new daily rhythm,” the Washington Post’s Style section gushed in March 2020. “He’s the strongman who can admit he’s wrong. He speaks fluently about the facts. He worries about his mother, and by extension, yours, too.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis took a different approach and was pilloried. He was among the first to lift his state lockdown, adopting something resembling Sweden’s strategy of protecting the vulnerable while keeping businesses and schools open. “Florida Man Leads His State to the Morgue,” read a June headline in the New Republic. “Ron DeSantis is the latest in a long line of Republicans who made the state a plutocratic dystopia. Now he’s letting its residents die to save the plutocrats.”

A year after the virus hit the U.S., Mr. Cuomo’s luster has faded, and Mr. DeSantis can claim vindication. The Sunshine State appears to have weathered the pandemic better than others like New York and California, which stayed locked down harder and longer.

Mortality data bear out this conclusion. The Covid death risk increases enormously with each decade of age. More than 80% of Covid deaths in the U.S. have occurred among seniors over 65. They make up a larger share of Florida’s population than any other state except Maine. Based on demographics, Florida’s per-capita Covid death rate would be expected to be one of the highest in the country.

I found the stats below from the article most interesting:

Quote:Nope. Florida’s death rate is in the middle of the pack and only slightly higher than in California, which has a much younger population. Florida’s death rate among seniors is about 20% lower than California’s and 50% lower than New York’s, based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Looks like Mr Gibson has found him a guy he might want to support in 2024  in the event Ted Cruz has run off to Cancun or the Trumps are all housed in a federal pen somewhere.  President Desantis just doesn't have the right ring to it. Sounds too much like President Santa.   Just kidding, Hoot.   Good luck with Santa.

P.S.  You still have time to jump on the Harris bandwagon.
(03-07-2021, 12:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Looks like Mr Gibson has found him a guy he might want to support in 2024  in the event Ted Cruz has run off to Cancun or the Trumps are all housed in a federal pen somewhere.  President Desantis just doesn't have the right ring to it. Sounds too much like President Santa.   Just kidding, Hoot.   Good luck with Santa.

Desantis is a smart man. He made sure vaccines went to rich, white, VIP neighborhoods, because he knew he wouldn’t be squeezing any money out of the brown and black communities.

It’s never as Hooter tries to make it.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...d-19-flaw/
(03-07-2021, 09:45 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 12:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Looks like Mr Gibson has found him a guy he might want to support in 2024  in the event Ted Cruz has run off to Cancun or the Trumps are all housed in a federal pen somewhere.  President Desantis just doesn't have the right ring to it. Sounds too much like President Santa.   Just kidding, Hoot.   Good luck with Santa.

Desantis is a smart man. He made sure vaccines went to rich, white, VIP neighborhoods, because he knew he wouldn’t be squeezing any money out of the brown and black communities.

You liberals and your propaganda sites.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The conservatives on this forum have been telling you than Republican governors like DeSantis and Noem have done a much better job managing their states through the pandemic and the statistics have proven us right. Florida has the second highest proportion of its population aged 65 and above and its fatality rate is still in the middle of the pack. California, New York, and New Jersey are suffering more because they foolishly elected extremely liberal governors and most likely will continue to do so in the future. As Michael Savage observed many years ago, liberalism truly is a mental disorder.
(03-07-2021, 10:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

The conservatives on this forum have been telling you than Republican governors like DeSantis and Noem have done a much better job managing their states through the pandemic and the statistics have proven us right. Florida has the second highest proportion of its population aged 65 and above and its fatality rate is still in the middle of the pack. California, New York, and New Jersey are suffering more because they foolishly elected extremely liberal governors and most likely will continue to do so in the future. As Michael Savage observed many years ago, liberalism truly is a mental disorder.
Oh boy...you prefer Desantis’ doctored documents—the literal definition of propaganda—over a reliable news source.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/south-dako...o-covid19/

Kristi Noem Dodgy
(03-07-2021, 10:57 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Oh boy...you prefer Desantis’ doctored documents—the literal definition of propaganda—over a reliable news source.

Kristi Noem Dodgy
Politifact is a reliably liberal propaganda web site. It is dishonest to pretend that it makes any effort to be objective. You cannot bring yourself to accept the reality that liberals heavy-handed, unconstitutional approach to managing the pandemic was less effective than the measures applied by conservative governors, so you stoop to dishonest attacks on the records of Republican governors. The problem that you have with your extreme, dishonest partisan attacks is that real people are voting with real feet. Blue states are hemorrhaging jobs and job creators as their taxpayers migrate to red states.
(03-07-2021, 11:08 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Kristi Noem Dodgy
Politifact is a reliably liberal propaganda web site. It is dishonest to pretend that it makes any effort to be objective. You cannot bring yourself to accept the reality that liberals heavy-handed, unconstitutional approach to managing the pandemic was less effective than the measures applied by conservative governors, so you stoop to dishonest attacks on the records of Republican governors. The problem that you have with your extreme, dishonest partisan attacks is that real people are voting with real feet. Blue states are hemorrhaging jobs and job creators as their taxpayers migrate to red states.
Poltifact analyzes lies politicians tell. When one side lies more than Pinocchio, it may seem they are biased, but maybe that group needs to let up on the fibs.  My Granny would have washed out plenty of Elephant mouths with soap.  

If only we could get Politifact to review the trash you post, Hooter. Big Grin 
Pants on Fire!!! 

Covid lost the GOP the Senate and the Presidency in 2020. You’re right. I believe folks loved the death cult that is the Republican Party.   

Don’t worry Hooter.  Jobs will be back and booming by June under Joe.  

if you’re talking about the Texas migration, Big Grin I bet there are some folks regretting that one right about now.  I hope they stick around. Can’t wait to see Texas turn Blue and Cancun have to head to the unemployment office. 

Captain Ron has to win an election in a few years.  We will see how well COVID works out for him.
(03-07-2021, 12:25 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 09:45 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Desantis is a smart man. He made sure vaccines went to rich, white, VIP neighborhoods, because he knew he wouldn’t be squeezing any money out of the brown and black communities.

Kristi Noem Dodgy
Poltifact analyzes lies politicians tell. When one side lies more than Pinocchio, it may seem they are biased, but maybe that group needs to let up on the fibs.  My Granny would have washed out plenty of Elephant mouths with soap.  

Pants on Fire!!! 

Covid lost the GOP the Senate and the Presidency in 2020. You’re right. I believe folks loved the death cult that is the Republican Party.   

if you’re talking about the Texas migration, Big Grin I bet there are some folks regretting that one right about now.  I hope they stick around. Can’t wait to see Texas turn Blue and Cancun have to head to the unemployment office. 

Captain Ron has to win an election in a few years.  We will see how well COVID works out for him.
I've already had enough of you and your comrade's lies and hatred of my country for one day. I think I can find a better use of my time that will be less predictable and less boring. In fact, I am absolutely sure that I can.
^^ What was that movie line in "Shooter?" Ned Beatty plays the crooked Senator who at one point says---"Boy, the truth is what we say it is!"

Every man must judge truth for himself. I pity any person, or group. or party affiliate who identifies truth with something as corrupt as a political party. In the best possible case they're admitting that discerning the truth is just too much for them, and would rather be led around by the nose. Other people give them their opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-07-2021, 12:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 10:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You liberals and your propaganda sites.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Kristi Noem Dodgy

Pants on Fire!!! 

I've already had enough of you and your comrade's lies and hatred of my country for one day. I think I can find a better use of my time that will be less predictable and less boring. In fact, I am absolutely sure that I can.
What this means is his Mommy telling him to take the trash out
(03-07-2021, 07:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 10:57 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Oh boy...you prefer Desantis’ doctored documents—the literal definition of propaganda—over a reliable news source.

Kristi Noem Dodgy

Pants on Fire!!! 

I think all of us know who the poster in this forum who is most likely to be living in his mommy's basement. "Early retirement" sounds so much better than "on the dole" doesn't it?
(03-07-2021, 08:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 07:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 11:08 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Politifact is a reliably liberal propaganda web site. It is dishonest to pretend that it makes any effort to be objective. You cannot bring yourself to accept the reality that liberals heavy-handed, unconstitutional approach to managing the pandemic was less effective than the measures applied by conservative governors, so you stoop to dishonest attacks on the records of Republican governors. The problem that you have with your extreme, dishonest partisan attacks is that real people are voting with real feet. Blue states are hemorrhaging jobs and job creators as their taxpayers migrate to red states.

Pants on Fire!!! 

I think all of us know who the poster in this forum who is most likely to be living in his mommy's basement. "Early retirement" sounds so much better than "on the dole" doesn't it?
I will say one thing Quooter it's a little hard getting use to early retirement but it happens to every one if you live long enough you just got to be prepared for it
He's just another self-serving, lying politician.

http://us/county-contradicts-florida-gov...uxbndlbing

Local county officials and a spokesperson for Baptist Health Systems, the company that distributed the vaccine doses, contradicted the Republican governor's denial in an article published by the Herald on Saturday.

Residents of the Ocean Reef Club reportedly included the only people from Key Largo to donate to DeSantis' political committee, with 17 residents each giving over $5,000 and as much as $250,000. Critics have also pointed to other early vaccination sites with apparent ties to DeSantis donors, although no similar connections appear to exist at many other sites.
(03-08-2021, 11:28 PM)The Outsider Wrote: He's just another self-serving, lying politician.

Local county officials and a spokesperson for Baptist Health Systems, the company that distributed the vaccine doses, contradicted the Republican governor's denial in an article published by the Herald on Saturday.

Residents of the Ocean Reef Club reportedly included the only people from Key Largo to donate to DeSantis' political committee, with 17 residents each giving over $5,000 and as much as $250,000. Critics have also pointed to other early vaccination sites with apparent ties to DeSantis donors, although no similar connections appear to exist at many other sites.

A Cruz-DeSantis ticket would be historically despicable. Republicans might just go for it.
(03-09-2021, 12:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 11:28 PM)The Outsider Wrote: He's just another self-serving, lying politician.

A Cruz-DeSantis ticket would be historically despicable. Republicans might just go for it.
Big Grin Big Grin Oh, how liberals hate competence in elected representatives! You've got a liberal NY governor who killed thousands through his incompetence, literally won an Emmy for his dishonest press conferences touting his sterling record, and then covered up the actual number of deaths that he caused, so your top priority now is destroying Republicans who actually led their states through the pandemic with competence. You people are the ones who are historically despicable. Do you have no mirrors in your homes?
(03-09-2021, 09:15 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin Oh, how liberals hate competence in elected representatives! You've got a liberal NY governor who killed thousands through his incompetence, literally won an Emmy for his dishonest press conferences touting his sterling record, and then covered up the actual number of deaths that he caused, so your top priority now is destroying Republicans who actually led their states through the pandemic with competence. You people are the ones who are historically despicable. Do you have no mirrors in your homes?

I'll agree that DeSantis is not as despicable as Cuomo, but that's a really low bar to reach.
(03-09-2021, 11:11 AM)The Outsider Wrote:

I'll agree that DeSantis is not as despicable as Cuomo, but that's a really low bar to reach.
Nancy Pelosi delayed passage of the COVID-19 "stimulus" package after Trump agreed to a larger payout to American citizens back in October because of political reasons and removed had the prohibition of earmarks removed before passing the bill. How low is that bar?

I could go on and on with Democrats who are truly guilty of despicable acts. DeBlasio's actions against NYC Jews and other actions that are quickly destroying the city that Rudy Giuliani once saved as mayor, for example. Then there is the Democrat member of the House Intelligence Committee who had an affair with a Chinese spy but remains on the committee with Nancy Pelosi's blessing.

Liberals set a very low bar of ethical behavior when they are elected to office and, as voters, they do not hold their own elected representatives to any ethical standards at all. That is why we have a President who is incapable of delivering a reasonably long speech, has held no press conferences, pocketed millions of dollars in bribes, and has hidden himself behind razor wire and thousands of troops.
(03-09-2021, 01:33 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Nancy Pelosi delayed passage of the COVID-19 "stimulus" package after Trump agreed to a larger payout to American citizens back in October because of political reasons and removed had the prohibition of earmarks removed before passing the bill. How low is that bar?

I could go on and on with Democrats who are truly guilty of despicable acts. DeBlasio's actions against NYC Jews and other actions that are quickly destroying the city that Rudy Giuliani once saved as mayor, for example. Then there is the Democrat member of the House Intelligence Committee who had an affair with a Chinese spy but remains on the committee with Nancy Pelosi's blessing.

Liberals set a very low bar of ethical behavior when they are elected to office and, as voters, they do not hold their own elected representatives to any ethical standards at all. That is why we have a President who is incapable of delivering a reasonably long speech, has held no press conferences, pocketed millions of dollars in bribes, and has hidden himself behind razor wire and thousands of troops.

Nancy Pelosi is not much better than Trump, so trying to reach her standard is very low as well.
(03-09-2021, 03:27 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 01:33 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 12:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: A Cruz-DeSantis ticket would be historically despicable. Republicans might just go for it.

Nancy Pelosi is not much better than Trump, so trying to reach her standard is very low as well.
Pelosi is pond scum, but you support her through your votes. In many ways, Trump was the most effective president since Ronald Reagan. Biden is busy dismantling Trump's foreign policy accomplishments to destabilize the Middle East and put us back in a constant state of tension and war. Liberals and neocons are on the same page there.

DeSantis and Cruz are on an entirely different level than the leadership of the Democrat Party. Liberals are focusing attacks on them because they are highly effective and threats to the Democrats' agenda.
(03-09-2021, 05:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...d=msedgdhp
Posting more lies, Comrade vector. Trump has no objections to absentee ballots that are requested and returned by voters. His objection was to unsolicited absentee ballots returned by ballot harvesters after deadlines and/or with no signature validations or chain of custody records. If you did not already know that this is Trump's position, then you must not read anybody's posts but your own.
(03-09-2021, 06:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 05:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...d=msedgdhp
Posting more lies, Comrade vector. Trump has no objections to absentee ballots that are requested and returned by voters. His objection was to unsolicited absentee ballots returned by ballot harvesters after deadlines and/or with no signature validations or chain of custody records. If you did not already know that this is Trump's position, then you must not read anybody's posts but your own.
Let's face the facts your Dear Leader only like mail in voting in the states he won stop spreading your BS about fraud there was none
(03-09-2021, 07:20 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
Let's face the facts your Dear Leader only like mail in voting in the states he won stop spreading your BS about fraud there was none
Why do you lie so much when it is so easy for people to check the facts for themselves? You seem to enjoy the act of lying, even though you must know that you are not fooling anybody. It is easy to see why you "retired early."  Big Grin
(03-09-2021, 07:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Why do you lie so much when it is so easy for people to check the facts for themselves? You seem to enjoy the act of lying, even though you must know that you are not fooling anybody. It is easy to see why you "retired early."  Big Grin
Since you think you know so much Dear Leader should of hired you as lead attorney couldn't done any worse
(03-09-2021, 07:46 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
Since you think you know so much Dear Leader should of hired you as lead attorney couldn't done any worse
The fix was in. It did not matter who Trump's attorneys were and I am not an attorney.
(03-09-2021, 08:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:46 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 06:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Posting more lies, Comrade vector. Trump has no objections to absentee ballots that are requested and returned by voters. His objection was to unsolicited absentee ballots returned by ballot harvesters after deadlines and/or with no signature validations or chain of custody records. If you did not already know that this is Trump's position, then you must not read anybody's posts but your own.
The fix was in. It did not matter who Trump's attorneys were and I am not an attorney.
Well you should at least turn over all the so called evidence you say you have
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1