Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haley Caudill vs. the KHSAA
Hadn’t heard anything about this situation but saw a post on Twitter by KSR that this girl transferred from Hazard to Perry County Central and the KHSAA rules her ineligible for her entire senior season.

Can anyone else give us some insight on this situation? Why has KHSAA not released her?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I would assume its corrupt politics at its best. There was a PCC boys player from Jackson that transfered to Hazard about a month ago that is a Senior and he got ruled eligible at Hazard. Dont see how one is ruled eligible and the other is not. Im sure someone at KHSAA is friends with a girls coach of an opposing team and are trying to protect them from losing. Simple as that.
(03-09-2021, 01:09 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I would assume its corrupt politics at its best.  There was a PCC boys player from Jackson that transfered to Hazard about a month ago that is a Senior and he got ruled eligible at Hazard.  Dont see how one is ruled eligible and the other is not.  Im sure someone at KHSAA is friends with a girls coach of an opposing team and are trying to protect them from losing.  Simple as that.
They did say she was the 14th region player of the year last year or projected player of the year this year. I don’t know which.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
She is best player in the region.
(03-09-2021, 04:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: She is best player in the region.

Then there could very well be our reasoning. Next is to find out who’s buddy buddy from Hazard with some KHSAA members
#BBFL
(03-09-2021, 11:02 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Hadn’t heard anything about this situation but saw a post on Twitter by KSR that this girl transferred from Hazard to Perry County Central and the KHSAA rules her ineligible for her entire senior season.

Can anyone else give us some insight on this situation? Why has KHSAA not released her?
I hate that she is losing part of her senior year, was pulling for her to be cleared. I heard her brother still played for Hazard. If that is true, that is probably why she was ruled ineligible.
(03-09-2021, 08:03 PM)MountainBaller Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 11:02 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Hadn’t heard anything about this situation but saw a post on Twitter by KSR that this girl transferred from Hazard to Perry County Central and the KHSAA rules her ineligible for her entire senior season.

I hate that she is losing part of her senior year, was pulling for her to be cleared. I heard her brother still played for Hazard. If that is true, that is probably why she was ruled ineligible.

Another interesting tid bit. I’d love to get as many facts as possible.
#BBFL
The facts: one of her parents is ruining her senior year.
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • jetpilot, MaroonPancakes
(03-09-2021, 08:03 PM)MountainBaller Wrote:

I was wondering about that myself. Her brother stayed and dresses with the Varsity at Hazard. Could have hurt her chance. However I say let her play but I have no say.
Her dad called in to Kentucky Sports Radio on 3/9... late in the second hour, listen to what he says.

What her dad said reminds me of the situation the Floyd Central boys team had a few years ago when just about the entire team quit.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(03-10-2021, 10:51 AM)jamesclay Wrote: The facts: one of her parents is ruining her senior year.

Elaborate
#BBFL
(03-10-2021, 10:51 AM)jamesclay Wrote: The facts: one of her parents is ruining her senior year.
First time we have ever agreed.

If this is actually her borther:
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_84590_0

Would be the same reason Kash Daniel was ruled ineligible at Pikeville...
It would take a circuit judge to make her eligible and someone would probably have to lie in court to get it done...extremely slippery slope with serious consequences...
Why doesn’t she go back to hazard and finish her season then?
(03-10-2021, 11:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

It would take a circuit judge to make her eligible and someone would probably have to lie in court to get it done...extremely slippery slope with serious consequences...
Yes that is her younger brother!

What do you mean by this? I don’t know why Kash couldn’t play at Pikeville.
#BBFL
In a way, I think it serves her right. She shouldn't have jumped ship because Hazard is having a rough season. Stick it out, life is hard.
But with that being said, it isn't fair that others have been cleared this year doing the same exact thing.
(03-11-2021, 09:11 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

What do you mean by this? I don’t know why Kash couldn’t play at Pikeville.
His sister stayed at Paintsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Spud6
Anyone who transfers during their senior season is asking for trouble.
There were more flags in this transfer than the Chiefs faced in the first half of the Super Bowl.

Several -- not just one, but all it takes is one -- reasons eligibility was not restored (as I have been told).

And save me the "others were cleared" BS. They didn't have fathers who were KHSAA coaches (can't play "didn't know" card), didn't have varsity-playing siblings stay behind, didn't already live in the district and didn't try monthly (bad) lease on an apartment (also bad) FURTHER from the school they wanted to go to from where they were already living. Not to mention, dad going on KSR and saying "she wasn't happy in basketball" is not a valid reason.

Two D1 boys -- James Jewell from Eastern to Marion and Cyr Malonga from Caverna to Evangel -- were both sidelined to start the season because they had been ruled ineligible and thus had to sit a certain time.

So not about sexism or talent of player sidelined.
What about Dawson Duff from Perry to Hazard 4 weeks ago? What about kids constantly moving in and out over at Cordia?
I think it has a lot to do with her being a female athlete. Boys flip flop around constantly in the 14th region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • justthefacts
(03-12-2021, 06:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think it has a lot to do with her being a female athlete.  Boys flip flop around constantly in the 14th region.
Bottom line is Hazard plays Perry in the 1st rd and didn’t want the girl to be a part of ending their season.
(03-13-2021, 01:32 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 06:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think it has a lot to do with her being a female athlete.  Boys flip flop around constantly in the 14th region.
Bottom line is Hazard plays Perry in the 1st rd and didn’t want the girl to be a part of ending their season.
That is just sad, it's hard enough to change schools, for what ever reason that may come up, but to be placed in a situation that you can't play the sports you love, is just cruel.  Let this young lady paly.
I don't know the whole story other than what I read here and heard on KSR. From an outsider looking in, I have mixed feelings. Ultimately, I think a kid should be able to play wherever he/she chooses (so long as the transfer is prior to the season). I suppose there could be extreme circumstances where a kid could go midseason but those are very few and far between. Let me preface this by saying I am by no means alleging anything, just merely giving examples. Those would be abuse (physical or sexual), a legitimate move due to parents work, custody, ect. Those seem to me like they could be viewed on an individual basis and could lead to a slippery slope as previously said because courts would be involved.

Again, with her brother staying at Hazard, one would think that the reasoning isn't serious enough. Again, I have no idea of the actual reasoning other than I think he father said they didn't jive with the new coach and many had quit.

As I said, kids should play where they want but shouldn't be able to just up and leave all willy nilly in the middle of the year without 100% factual evidence of legit reasons. Hopefully everything will work out, but you have to have some sort of order because as they say, without order you would have chaos. Coaches can come and go without consequences but it's done in the off season. I don't think you should ever have permanent coaching changes mid season either. It should be an interim fills in until the off season.
This situation is about as clear as mud.
#BBFL