Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Odd (Couple) Pairings in Songs That You Really Like
Okay ,   VH  ,   Jet  ,   Hoot   ,  Westside,  and Granny (others are more than welcome  to join us  Smile   ).

In this thread, I'm interested in seeing if there's some songs that you enjoy that features a rather odd pairing of performers. Maybe a couple of singers or a singer and group who you would have never thought of doing a collaboration. Here's an example of what I have in mind:

Plant & Krauss  ... Two legends ,  hauntingly beautiful  ,  just gold !!!  Take a listen.

When I heard they were doing an album together, I thought it was crazy. They are two of the all-time greatest vocalists in my opinion, but how were they ever gonna blend together, their styles seemed so different. Then I listened to the album, “Raising Sand” I think it’s called, and came away thinking, Damn that was great.

I guess one of the oddest was the Aerosmith-Run D.M.C. pairing for ‘Walk This Way’, which gave Aerosmith’s career a second wind. Rock and hip hop didn’t mix at the time, but that collaboration opened it up. I still like the original Aerosmith version better though.
I'm a classic rock guy(and classic country) .  Two of my all-time favorites are Elton John  and Tammy Wynette.  Elton was a huge Wynette fan.  Elton actually started out  as a teenager singing country songs in English pubs.   Elton and Bernie Taupin wrote this song specifically for Elton to sing with Tammy.   Absolutely gorgeous!

Tammy Wynette and KLF
Dusty Springfield & Pet Shop Boys (great song)

Phil Collins & Philip Bailey - Easy Lover

Two great voices in their prime...

Chubby Checker & Fat Boys

Aerosmith & Run DMC

Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury & Mick Jagger

Janet Jackson & Herb Alpert

(03-13-2021, 01:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Phil Collins & Philip Bailey - Easy Lover

Here's my favorite Bailey/ Collins collaboration.    Phil plays percussion(absolutely incredible percussion, btw) and contributes background vocals on this ethereal 80's tune.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
*BING & BOWIE *

I can't let a Christmas go by without cueing this up two or three times .  A classic television moment.  Sadly, Mr. Crosby died before the show aired.

I think Elton added to this song and made it better.

I'm not a big Em fan, but I loved Elton's contributions to the song and I loved the story of how Marshall refused to perform at the Grammys unless Elton performed with him and how they developed a close friendship afterwards.