Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more Tennessee/Kentucky All-Star Game
After Kentucky started to dominate the series winning six of the last eight, Tennessee representative decided he didn’t want to play anymore. KHSAA representative decided that Kentucky would hold an East vs. West all-star game between the Kentucky High Schools. The game will be on June 13, 2008 at WKU. Opinions?
Tennessee just don't want to play the bad boys from Kentucky cause they know what will happen to them lol
Tennessee wanted to move the game to December and Kentucky didn't want there athletes missing school. KHSAA offerd Tennessee Athletics a three year deal that would pay all there expenses. They turned it down, and Kentucky also offered the same proposal to Indiana and West Virginia. Both states turned it down. The two Kentucky teams will be able to choose players from West districts 1-4, and East will choose players from 5-8 districts. Bowling Green coach Kevin Wallace is gonna coach the west team versus the east team. An east coach hasn't been selected yet.
Teams eligible for the East team.

Class 1A
District 5 –Fairview, Lexington Christian, Nicholas Co., Paris, Raceland.
District 6 – Berea, Campbellsville, Clinton Co., Lynn Camp, Williamsburg.
District 7 – Cumberland, Evarts, Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville.
District 8 – Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd.

Class 2A
District 5 – Carroll Co., Christian Academy of Louisville, Louisville DeSales, Owen Co.
District 6 – Covington Holy Cross, Lloyd, Newport, Newport Central Catholic.
District 7 – Bath Co., Morgan Co., Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley.
District 8 – Corbin, Knott Central, Leslie Co., Middlesboro.

Class 3A
District 5 – Casey Co., Garrard Co., Jackson Co., Somerset, Taylor Co., Wayne Co.
District 6 – Breathitt Co., Cawood, Estill Co., Fleming Co., Powell Co.
District 7 – East Carter, Lewis Co., Mason Co., Russell, West Carter.
District 8 – Belfry, East Ridge, Magoffin Co., Pike Central, Sheldon Clark.

Class 4A

District 5 – Bourbon Co., Franklin Co., Harrison Co., Pendleton Co.
District 6 – Boyle Co., East Jessamine, Lexington Catholic, West Jessamine.
District 7 – Bell Co., Knox Central, Madison Southern, McCreary Central, Rockcastle Co.
District 8 – Boyd Co., Greenup Co., Lawrence Co., Rowan Co.

Class 5A
District 5 – Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Holmes, Scott.
District 6 – Ashland Blazer, Lexington Bryan Station, Johnson Central, Montgomery Co., Woodford Co.
District 7 – Lincoln Co., Mercer Co., Pulaski Co., South Laurel, Pulaski Southwestern.
District 8 – Clay Co., Letcher Central, North Laurel, Perry Central, Whitley Co.

Class 6A
District 5 – Louisville Ballard, Louisville Eastern, Louisville Seneca, Louisville Trinity.
District 6 – Boone Co., Campbell Co., Conner, Ryle, Simon Kenton.
District 7 – Lexington Henry Clay, Lexington Lafayette, Lexington Paul Dunbar, Lexington Tates Creek.
District 8 -- Clark Co., Harlan Consolidated, Madison Central, Scott Co., Shelby Co.
I always knew that Tennessee's main color wasn't orange, it was YELLOW! Smile
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
An East Vs West game will be very exciting. More kids from more schools will get to play. I hope thay play all these games in Commonwealth. Indiana, West Virginia and Tenessee are al a bunch of fairies! LOL Kentucky Rules!!!!!
well the reason says it all...Kentucky people wants their kids in school in December. Tennessee people dont. Thats why people hold up signs that say "CAN YOU READ THIS? BECAUSE TENNESSEE PLAYERS CANT" (or at least the sign I held up did...in Knoxville, lol)
Each team will only have 33 players on there roster.
blackcat_student Wrote:Each team will only have 33 players on there roster.

How many players were on the roster for Ky when they played Tenn.?
I really couldn't tell ya Old School.
More Cowbell Wrote:I always knew that Tennessee's main color wasn't orange, it was YELLOW! Smile

lol yeah i think you are right lol
red_devils_rule Wrote:lol yeah i think you are right lol
Orange is just a shade of Yellow anyway.Big Grin
More Cowbell Wrote:I always knew that Tennessee's main color wasn't orange, it was YELLOW! Smile

yea that makes plenty of sense Smile
East vs West Ky all-star game will be fun to watch.
Not going to work if they play it at Bowling Green every year. might not work if they play EKU/WKU.

Needs to be played in Louisville or Lexington
NEXT Wrote:Not going to work if they play it at Bowling Green every year. might not work if they play EKU/WKU.

Needs to be played in Louisville or Lexington

Alternating between Louisville and Lexington makes more sense. These are both fairly central and they have more things for people to do so that there is a larger fan base from player schools and individuals. Plus driving to Bowling Green from eastern Kentucky just sucks. It takes what feels like days.
I'm pretty sure that they are alternating between WKU, EKU, U of L, and UK. Not just one stadium each year.
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm pretty sure that they are alternating between WKU, EKU, U of L, and UK. Not just one stadium each year.

WKU game will have the least amount of fans.

Need to play it at Morehead instead of EKU, as EKU is still 3 hours from Eastern Kentucky
amen brother.
This game should be played on 1 field. Commonwealth Stadium. Louisville has the State games and there will be 6 of them.

Commonwealth or bust!!!!!!!

All those other schools are pretty out of the way for most of the state. Commonwealth is the most centralized location.
DevilsWin Wrote:This game should be played on 1 field. Commonwealth Stadium. Louisville has the State games and there will be 6 of them.

Commonwealth or bust!!!!!!!

All those other schools are pretty out of the way for most of the state. Commonwealth is the most centralized location.

I agree.
Commonwealth would be nice but I think more centralize location would be in Richmond on the campus of EKU.
Also after looking at the East teams from all 6 classes, there will be no way they would ever lose a game in this series. Big Grin
2 kentucky based teams will be a helluva lot funner to watch anyways cause ya'll know how us mountain boys do it lol...i'm glad to hear that to be honest with ya